When are we allowed to request our check-in time?

LongHill44

This is from Carnival.com:

Q: When can I select my Arrival Appointment online?

A: Arrival Appointments can be selected any time after you make a reservation, for sailings within six months of departure and no later than midnight (eastern time) prior to your sailing date.

You must pay your cruise in full. Then you will receive links to your documents which also includes choosing whatever boarding times are available

Not true. I selected the check-in time for my August cruise and it isn't paid in full. The option will show up about 6 months out.

You must pay your cruise in full. Then you will receive links to your documents which also includes choosing whatever boarding times are available

You can access your cruise manager as soon as you book your cruise. I can access all of my documents except boarding pass right now for my May 2019 sailing and I've only paid a deposit.

You do not have to be paid in full.

You have to check under your Manage My Cruise, under on-line check in, waiting for the option to select check-in time to become available. Generally shows up about 180 days prior to sail date.

You don't have to be ready to complete your on-line check in. It's a separate step, just as selecting dining time and bedding option.

When did this process begin? What are time timeframe block times? I haven't cruise since 2012 or 2013

They've been doing staggered check-in for a couple years I think. They are in 30 minute blocks and are available about 6 months out. I feel like I'm getting in early enough to get the earliest times and my check-in is 11:30 on my next two cruises. I could've swore I used to get 10:30 or 11 though.

The Check-In Time popped up for me around 6 months out (Before final payment) and the earliest time was 11:00-11:30... From there, every 30 minute increments (11:30-12:00, 12:00-12:30 ect...)

When did this process begin? What are time timeframe block times? I haven't cruise since 2012 or 2013

What if you get to the port later than your check in window? Any penalty? Specifically for Port Canaveral.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You may end up in a line-up behind the folks arriving "on-time" for their appointment. But my guess would be you would just go right through - the rush of people is at the start of check-in and initial boarding.

Unless you arrive later than one hour prior to departure. Then you get to stay on land, potentially...