is BLU open for lunch?

FeelingCruisy

It has nothing to do with BLU, but the Aqua Spa Cafe in the solarium IS open for lunch....

That cafe also is not exclusive to AQ passenger. They started to change the name of it to just the Spa Cafe on a few of the ships because the name caused many to think that it was for Aqua guests only.

They also don’t offer much anymore except some very small plates that are supposed to be healthier than many of the choices offered in the buffet.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

From the Fact Sheet AquaClass® guests can enjoy Blu, their own exclusive restaurant for breakfast and

dinner. The cuisine at Blu is simply an imaginative way of preparing popular dishes without fussiness.

What are the lunch options when sailing in AQ? Our last cruise we had a regular veranda and dined in the MDR for lunch and dinner. Can AQ passengers dine in the MDR for lunch, or limited to buffet and specialty restaurants?

What are the lunch options when sailing in AQ? Our last cruise we had a regular veranda and dined in the MDR for lunch and dinner. Can AQ passengers dine in the MDR for lunch, or limited to buffet and specialty restaurants?

Aqua has many options for lunch. The free ones are the MDR, buffet, Mast Grill for burgers and hot dogs, and Aqua Span Cafe (light, healthy fare). On Sea Days, the Specialty Restaurants are open but you have to pay a fee. Then there is a sushi bar and the Porch for a fee.

Don’t know when you last sailed with Celebrity but, in the nine years that I’ve been sailing with them (fairly frequently), the MDR has been closed for lunch on port days and open for lunch only on sea days...

The “free” lunch options are identical in all stateroom categories (Luminae, the dining room for suite guests, follows the same schedule as the MDR; Blu is never open for lunch)...

Don’t think anyone has mentioned Room Service as another no charge option at lunch...

If offered, lunch in one of the Specialty Restaurants (not Blu, not Luminae) may be available at an upcharge but those events—reservation required—are also staged only on sea days...

Typicallly, there are too few guests aboard ship on port days to justify opening the sit-down, menu service dining rooms... Most guests, as is true every day, will have lunch in the buffet...

The cuisine at Blu is simply an imaginative way of preparing popular dishes without fussiness.

When Celebrity first introduced AquaClass upon the inauguration of Solstice in November 2008, the offerings in Blu were referred to as “Clean Cuisine”... For the most part—menus have flexed a bit over time in response to guest requests—the concept endures...

I think you’ll enjoy the food/ambience of Blu... I’m in the minority but actually prefer Blu to the suite restaurant, Luminae...

The Spa Cafe will also cook you a chicken breast or salmon made to order. You do have to wait about 10 mins but totally worth it. Simple but healthy and delicious

That cafe also is not exclusive to AQ passenger. They started to change the name of it to just the Spa Cafe on a few of the ships because the name caused many to think that it was for Aqua guests only.

They also don’t offer much anymore except some very small plates that are supposed to be healthier than many of the choices offered in the buffet.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

That seems to not be the case on some ships. There have been reports that the only food available at the Spa Cafe is what is set out on the counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not a salmon person but I usually get oatmeal there in the morning. Little different than the buffet, they throw some fruit in it.

When Celebrity first introduced AquaClass upon the inauguration of Solstice in November 2008, the offerings in Blu were referred to as “Clean Cuisine”... For the most part—menus have flexed a bit over time in response to guest requests—the concept endures...

I think you’ll enjoy the food/ambience of Blu... I’m in the minority but actually prefer Blu to the suite restaurant, Luminae...

I agree with you only because Blu had a few more offerings each night than luminae. As far as service and food I consider them about the same and neither of them can beat the Main Dining room in the 90s under Michel Roux

I agree with you only because Blu had a few more offerings each night than luminae. As far as service and food I consider them about the same and neither of them can beat the Main Dining room in the 90s under Michel Roux

Alas, unless you have a time machine and can place an order from the1990's, I'll take Blu for everyday dining and Murano for specialty. And I'll be very happy.:D

The Spa Cafe will also cook you a chicken breast or salmon made to order. You do have to wait about 10 mins but totally worth it. Simple but healthy and delicious

No more salmon or chicken cooked to order at the Spa Club Cafe per last week.

MDR open for lunch only on sea days.

Don’t know when you last sailed with Celebrity but, in the nine years that I’ve been sailing with them (fairly frequently), the MDR has been closed for lunch on port days and open for lunch only on sea days...

The “free” lunch options are identical in all stateroom categories (Luminae, the dining room for suite guests, follows the same schedule as the MDR; Blu is never open for lunch)...

Don’t think anyone has mentioned Room Service as another no charge option at lunch...

If offered, lunch in one of the Specialty Restaurants (not Blu, not Luminae) may be available at an upcharge but those events—reservation required—are also staged only on sea days...

Typicallly, there are too few guests aboard ship on port days to justify opening the sit-down, menu service dining rooms... Most guests, as is true every day, will have lunch in the buffet...

Thanks for the reply, my only sailing was a 7 day Alaskan cruise on the infinity. We only had 3 days in port and they were typically ~2pm-8pm and short stops, so MDR was open daily for lunch.

Our upcoming cruise is a 12 day Mediterranean and we are staying in AQ for the first time. We never used room service on our first trip, since it was our first cruise and we had no idea how it works. Is it really as simple as ordering from you TV and tipping the server? And this can be done for breakfast, coffee etc?

We never used room service on our first trip, since it was our first cruise and we had no idea how it works. Is it really as simple as ordering from you TV and tipping the server? And this can be done for breakfast, coffee etc?

That explains it... I seem to recall—never used it personally—that the MDR may well have been open for lunch on the few occasions—in Alaska and in San Juan—that we arrived in port after lunch time...

Room service is easy and they tend to be extremely prompt (and will call a few minutes before delivery)...

For breakfast, suggest you use the TV or the hang tags (you will find them in your room or they are available through your steward) and place the order the night before for delivery in the morning (no delivery charge—other than a discretionary gratuity—between 6:00 AM and Midnight)... I’d personally avoid waiting until morning to order; they’re still relatively prompt but there is an inevitable rush from those who oversleep/have an early tour or otherwise change breakfast plans upon awakening...

For lunch or dinner, order by TV—no misunderstandings—or by phone (no “night before” hangtags other than at breakfast)...

If not aware, Celebrity will provide room service delivery of the MDR offerings (only, not from any of the other food venues)—in addition to the Room Service menu—at lunch on days the MDR is open (during MDR hours) and at dinner every night during MDR hours... Never used it personally—and don’t know if the MDR menu items are listed on the TV; you may need to get those menus from your steward—but the service is complimentary... Only downsides—if they matter to you—is that your meal will be delivered all at once rather than course by course and table space could get tight...

Hope this helps... Enjoy your cruise, enjoy AquaClass (my favorite), and enjoy Europe!

No more salmon or chicken cooked to order at the Spa Club Cafe per last week.

MDR open for lunch only on sea days.

The cooked to order has been been eliminated for at least 6 months or longer.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for the reply, my only sailing was a 7 day Alaskan cruise on the infinity. We only had 3 days in port and they were typically ~2pm-8pm and short stops, so MDR was open daily for lunch.

Our upcoming cruise is a 12 day Mediterranean and we are staying in AQ for the first time. We never used room service on our first trip, since it was our first cruise and we had no idea how it works. Is it really as simple as ordering from you TV and tipping the server? And this can be done for breakfast, coffee etc?

Absolutely! One of my favorite moments on any cruise is sitting on the balcony with croissants and coffee to start the morning with a little peace and quiet luxury.