Is there any way to print Airline tix on last night of cruise?

rexy69

Or could we go somewhere (like a Staples, etc...) to use their internet & printer, after the cruise? Spirit's website says that it'll cost $$ to print our Boarding Passes, from a self check-in kiosk, at the airport.....we've always just used the kiosk at the airport for no charge. Did this change? Or do they mean it'll cost money if we go up to the desk and have an employee check us in?

TIA

Never flown Spirit and never will, but your best bet would be to possibly make friends with someone on board who has an unlimited internet package and you could possibly mention it on your roll call as well. Another option would be to have your shuttle drop you off at a nearby airport hotel and then use their printer and shuttle to get back to the airport. Otherwise, you're stuck paying Spirit at the airport.

We always fly Southwest and need to check in and print boarding passes 24 hours before the flights. We buy the 24 hour Internet package which includes the use of the printer. Complained about the fact that we had to spend $16 dollars to use the Internet for a few minutes. They used to offer cheaper packages, I think it could have been so much a minute.

Not sure about Spirit but most airlines have apps that allow you to use your smartphone for boarding passes. We've used it on Southwest, Allegiant, Delta and United. It's very simple once you download the app.

https://customersupport.spirit.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001717912-Mobile-Check-in-App

Spirit does have a mobile app that you can use to get your boarding passes once you are back in range of your cell carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always fly Southwest and need to check in and print boarding passes 24 hours before the flights. We buy the 24 hour Internet package which includes the use of the printer. Complained about the fact that we had to spend $16 dollars to use the Internet for a few minutes. They used to offer cheaper packages, I think it could have been so much a minute.

Doesn't Southwest have kiosks at airport that will print your boarding pass. When we cruise, we buy Early Bird for our return flights on Southwest, then your boarding position is taken care of automatically.

Much less hassle.

Isn't Spirit the airlines that sell you really cheap tickets, and charge you for everything like the air you breath on the plane, and when the day is over, you end up spending more money than if you just booked a normal airlines?

Yep, you got it - one of those

You do not need to PRINT the boarding passes ahead of time. You still can use the kiosk at airport for that. Next time just ask someone you’ve become friends with to use their internet for a minute to check in, if you don’t wish to pay it yourself.

I will add with Southwest you can ask someone at home to check in for you at the 24 hour mark. Like I said before, you do not need to print the boarding pass at that time. Then no extra cost at all. I’ve done it before for one of my grown children that was going to be tied up in meetings the day he needed to do it.

There's a lot of effort put into not paying $1. Some I would venture might even cost more than $1 in the long run.

Agree. I know we all want to save money. But, when making a reservation with whatever airline, you need to weigh all the costs. And if you feel you need to get internet inorder to check in, you need to plan for that, and figure it in the cost.

It seems like in the past that the last day of the cruise Carnival offered internet service for about $10 so people could check in with flights and print boarding passes.

I believe that I bypassed the line of passengers needing help from the one computer man, went to an empty computer, and completed the check in and print process myself.

They only had one printer, so we had to wait a few minutes for the boarding passes to print out, but it was painless. We had on board credit to take care of the fee anyway.

Go as early as the 24 hour period allows as the afternoon and evening lines are long.

Isn't Spirit the airlines that sell you really cheap tickets, and charge you for everything like the air you breath on the plane, and when the day is over, you end up spending more money than if you just booked a normal airlines?

I flew Spirit my last two trips for $150 round trip with taxes and baggage included. Yes, if you don't know what you're doing, the fees can kill you. It honestly blows my mind how many people refuse to read and then swear to only go elsewhere and pay double in the future. More savings for me I guess

I flew Spirit my last two trips for $150 round trip with taxes and baggage included. Yes, if you don't know what you're doing, the fees can kill you. It honestly blows my mind how many people refuse to read and then swear to only go elsewhere and pay double in the future. More savings for me I guess

I agree. I fly from Chicago to Vegas twice a year for about $125 on Spirit. I upgrade to Exit seats for about $70 extra. So 200 round trip is not bad. We flew with another couple and she was complaining about spending $3 for water. The American/United flights were around $350. I just dont get it.

I just paid for one day internet to print off my boarding passes on board. Apparently the social internet plan will allow you access to spirit's website but it wasn't available on the last day. I wanted to get checked in right at the 24 hour mark because I didn't pay for seat assignments and wanted to get confirmed with 4 seats together so it was well worth the $16. Not sure why everyone hates Spirit. It was great. Good price. Good service. No problems.

Like others have mentioned, just get the app for your airline and use that. It's 2018, technology is your friend.

Exactly!

Or, with Southwest’s Early Bird checkin, you don’t even have to worry about checking in, they will do it for you. Then you can just print out your boarding pass at the airport. Easy-peasy.

Exactly!

Or, with Southwest’s Early Bird checkin, you don’t even have to worry about checking in, they will do it for you. Then you can just print out your boarding pass at the airport. Easy-peasy.

We do the early-bird check-in through Southwest so we have a higher boarding number so we can ensure we all sit together when we board (and get a window lol). Then when we get to the airport I open up the Southwest app, they scan the ticket and we board when our boarding zone is called. Couldn't be any easier.

If you have access to the internet, you just have to check in online up to 24 hours before your flight leaves. If you don't have internet, ask someone at home to check in for you. Then when you get to airport, you can use the self serve kiosks at the airport for free to print your boarding passes. I just did this two weeks ago in Orlando, no problem.

I just paid for one day internet to print off my boarding passes on board. Apparently the social internet plan will allow you access to spirit's website but it wasn't available on the last day. I wanted to get checked in right at the 24 hour mark because I didn't pay for seat assignments and wanted to get confirmed with 4 seats together so it was well worth the $16. Not sure why everyone hates Spirit. It was great. Good price. Good service. No problems.

Spirit may be for some...but it is a bare bone a la carte airline. If you add everything up you are very close to a fare price on other airlines. Additionally they do not offer many flights out of airports...so if you have a a plane mechanical problem, crew problem, etc you literally have no choices to get out in a timely fashion unless you want to fork over big money and book on a mainstream airline (if seats are available). Even flying out the day/night before doesn't guarantee you will get to your destination on time with their limited flight options. Booked a 7am flight out of O'hare about 18 years ago for a cruise out of FLL . Flight was delayed due to a crew member coming down with a Migraine...NO other flights to FL until afternoon. By the time a substitute crew arrived it was 10:30 (11:30 east coast) before we departed. In the interim I was just about to book a flight on another airline but was reassured crew member would be there by 9am!? Didn't get to ship until 3:30.... way too close!! That left a sour taste in my mouth and the only discount carrier I will fly is S/W which is an amazing airline with a multitude of flight options

Or could we go somewhere (like a Staples, etc...) to use their internet & printer, after the cruise? Spirit's website says that it'll cost $$ to print our Boarding Passes, from a self check-in kiosk, at the airport.....we've always just used the kiosk at the airport for no charge. Did this change? Or do they mean it'll cost money if we go up to the desk and have an employee check us in?

TIA

It will not be worth the effort to go elsewhere to check in. Either pay the fee or check in on your smartphone when you arrive back to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not worth it to print stuff out on the ship. You have more fun things to do there.

Just pay the fee at the kiosk or use the free smartphone app. Then remind yourself you really did not get a great deal on those Spirit tickets!