Being the Cheap idiot I am cost me!!!!!

I'm sorry you seem to only want to hear the opinion of people who agree with you. Particularly as they seem to be few and far between on this topic. Honestly, I don't think I've every heard of what you want happening. If you want to upgrade, you pay the difference- the difference between what you paid, and the current price of the upgraded accommodation. It's that simple.

In the OP I didn’t ask for commentary about what I thought of there policy. I asked if there was anything else I could do. You made it personal with a negative post starting all this nonsense.

Out of curiosity, was the larger balcony rooms pricing at $200 more when you did your initial booking?

Honestly not sure. The only reason that I want to upgrade is because it looks like you get a bigger table so we could eat breakfast on the Balcony.

I would keep an eye on the prices. No doubt it will move around in all kinds of direction. When it looks like right, try again to make the switch. It will always be a difference between the price you have booked the cabin for and the current price of the cabin you want.

Personally, I would look out for a chance to jump to JS if the premium is not too high. Even if it means taking a chance with a W guarantee.

In the OP I didn’t ask for commentary about what I thought of there policy.

Correct! You didn't do that until your follow up post!

Yup makes absolutely no sense because they don't lose $$$

That is the one to which I responded. Interesting how my post is negative, but your criticism of the policy is not....:rolleyes:

Or you could think of it this way, $200 wasn’t worth paying for 30 ft extra back then...and it’s not really worth it now. $200 for 30ft? Don’t stress over it, that’s not a good deal and you recognized that initially, so just remind yourself of that now.

You’re focusing more on the fact that you could have gotten a better deal on that 30 extra ft way back when ($200 then vs $700 now), but it’s still a lot of extra money for very little extra space.

Not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Or you could think of it this way, $200 wasn’t worth paying for 30 ft extra back then...and it’s not really worth it now. $200 for 30ft? Don’t stress over it, that’s not a good deal and you recognized that initially, so just remind yourself of that now.

You’re focusing more on the fact that you could have gotten a better deal on that 30 extra ft way back when ($200 then vs $700 now), but it’s still a lot of extra money for very little extra space.

Not worth it.

Thank you never been in the larger balcony so thanks for your input.

I did say in the OP that it’s my fault not blaming RCCL. I just would put the $$$ in the bank now if I owned the business as long as I am not losing in the long run. They wouldn’t in this case because they would be putting another Bakcony cabin in there inventory plus $200 in the bank.

I feel like royal knows their customers’ booking patterns better than we do.

If the bigger cabin had an initial price that was only $200 more at the time that you booked, then if this were DISNEY cruise line you could do this. Price structure for them is locked in at Booking, so upgrades are done based on pricing at that time.

But this is royal. They don’t have that policy. And I bet the pricing structure would be much higher than what you’re paying royal.

But in the future, if this is the sort of thing you want to have available, price out Disney.

And I didn’t catch when your cruise is, but if you could still cancel and get refunded, maybe book the new room at the price you want and then cancel the one you already have.

And I didn’t catch when your cruise is, but if you could still cancel and get refunded, maybe book the new room at the price you want and then cancel the one you already have.

That's the crazy part. The room isn't available at the price he wants. It's $500 more, but the OP thinks he or she is entitled to it because the price of the room originally booked has gone up $500:')

It's simple Math. They get my cabin that sells for $3500 plus the $200 that is the current difference between Categories equals $3700. How are they losing $$$. I'm not great at math but the bottom dollar is the same.

It doesn’t make sense because otherwise they would wind up teaching people with people to book at the cheaper rate and then upgrading last minute. That would hurt them by having excess lower category inventory late in the game.

The only reason that I want to upgrade is because it looks like you get a bigger table so we could eat breakfast on the Balcony.

FYI --- We were on HOS in October in a Large Balcony room on a hump and there was a small low table ---- not big enough for 2 people to eat on and not high enough to be comfortable to eat on. We loved the room and balcony (originally booked because we booked late and it was the only way we could get a higher deck). Perhaps there are different sizes of tables??? We did have comfortable high-back chairs with separate foot rests that made it similar to a lounger. Enjoyed the cruise and room so much we booked same type room for this fall.

FYI --- We were on HOS in October in a Large Balcony room on a hump and there was a small low table ---- not big enough for 2 people to eat on and not high enough to be comfortable to eat on. We loved the room and balcony (originally booked because we booked late and it was the only way we could get a higher deck). Perhaps there are different sizes of tables??? We did have comfortable high-back chairs with separate foot rests that made it similar to a lounger. Enjoyed the cruise and room so much we booked same type room for this fall.

Thanks for info.

No what she said Disney keeps your original sale promotional. You are a complete tool. Stop posting on my threads if your not going to be helpful

You might want to try decaf:cool: You're saying things that make no sense and then attacking me for pointing out the fallacy.

Yes, she said Disney keeps the original sale promotional, but you're not ON Disney. I was pointing out that canceling and rebooking won't work because you think you should get the room for $500 less than it's current price.

This is well before final payment in the OP I asked is there anything else I can do. I disagree with policy and said oh well nothing I can do about it but that’s only because the idiot leasuretravel223 turned the post into this

Again, you said it makes no sense. I am still at a loss as to what part of it makes no sense. You are after a room that costs a certain price. As of right now if I understand it correctly, you've booked a room that costs $700 less. You want the room for another $200. What part of THAT makes sense to you?

I always say book at a rate you are happy with and a cabin you are willing to take. If all I can get at a reasonable price at the beginning is to book an inside, I will go with that. If I should see a price drop on other categories and can move then great, but if not I am happy with the inside I booked to begin with.

I booked a Regular Ocean View Balcony for my HOS July 14th sailing and now want to upgrade to Large Balcony. I've been checking and checking daily hoping for something close to my original rate but no luck. The difference is about $200 from my 6D cat to the 2C if booked today but because of my rate when booked it would cost over $700 to gain 30 sq. ft. of Balcony space which I'm definitely too cheap to shell out. I've called and stated my case about how a $200 value would cost me $700 but they won't budge. I guess I will have to keep checking unless the Cruise Critic minds have knowledge of something else I can do. Thanks

Your cabin is not like a stock - it does not go up and down in value. The price DOES go up and down, but the amount you paid does not. So you pay whatever the prevailing rate is at the time you want to upgrade LESS what you have already paid. It's that simple.

It's simple Math. They get my cabin that sells for $3500 plus the $200 that is the current difference between Categories equals $3700. How are they losing $$$. I'm not great at math but the bottom dollar is the same.

Why don't you find someone to take your current cabin for $3500, and then you can use that to buy the balcony +$200. RCI spends millions in advertising to sell their ships, so lets see if you can do it.

There is no guarantee that they will be able to sell your cabin at the listed rates, and they probably know that they will have a better chance selling the balconies for $3700 vs. the OV for $3500. In RCI's place, I would not allow it either.

Either way, have a great time on your cruise.

Here is one for you. Royal wants $300 more per person for a window to move from an interior on a 14 night cruise from Tampa to Amsterdam.

For the same 170 square feet my Father and I take the savings and can walk up from Deck 9 to Deck 11 to get fresh air. Nothing beats sitting in the Solarium or at the back of the Windjammer buffet on the Radiance class.

Besides we don't spend all day in our cabin. The $700 can be put towards our 4 nigts in Amsterdam and 4 nights in Rejkaviik. We are frugal and will spend money to be comfortable.

That small window does not equate to $700 as we get the same size cabin If it were $50 more then that is worth it.

Why don't you find someone to take your current cabin for $3500, and then you can use that to buy the balcony +$200. RCI spends millions in advertising to sell their ships, so lets see if you can do it.

There is no guarantee that they will be able to sell your cabin at the listed rates, and they probably know that they will have a better chance selling the balconies for $3700 vs. the OV for $3500. In RCI's place, I would not allow it either.

Either way, have a great time on your cruise.

You cannot sell your reservation.

I always say book at a rate you are happy with and a cabin you are willing to take. If all I can get at a reasonable price at the beginning is to book an inside, I will go with that. If I should see a price drop on other categories and can move then great, but if not I am happy with the inside I booked to begin with.

My exact philosophy as well.

Off topic - but how many people are in your cabin for $3,500?

I booked a Balcony for 2 of us for 3100 including Grats. 3500 is current price not including grats

I booked a Balcony for 2 of us for 3100 including Grats. 3500 is current price not including grats

Are your travel dates flexible? Shifting your trip a month or two could save you well over $1,000 even after paying the penalty for changing dates.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but just throwing it out there. I always book off season and it's easy to find OV with large balcony for under $2,000.

Are your travel dates flexible? Shifting your trip a month or two could save you well over $1,000 even after paying the penalty for changing dates.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but just throwing it out there. I always book off season and it's easy to find OV with large balcony for under $2,000.

I wish I could but I'm a teacher and this is my wife and I 25th anniversary