How far would you drive for a short 3/4 night cruise??

Hi

I would drive 7 1/2 hrs. for a 4 day cruise, 3 is just too short. Being able to avoid an airport is a big plus in my mind.

I did drive about 13hrs. for my last cruise. That was 7 days. I have done that sort of thing a number of times for different ports. Driving to Baltimore I stopped about 2 hrs. from the port, did about the same for Boston.

We’ve done 6 hr drive each way for a 2 nighters then done it again 2 weeks later for a 3 night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Having done a fair amount of driving in the UK (probably slower than most because I still have to focus to remember to drive on the left), I am curious about what port you sailed from. Yorkshire is perhaps a 4 1/2 drive to Southampton or Dover, and less than that to Edinburgh or Glasgow; or were you living elsewhere at the time?

It takes us 4½ - 5 hrs to drive from our hometown Kalmar to Stockholm, we have done that trip several times for 2 night cruises to Finland, Estonia and Latvia. Going to the Med or the USA by plane takes us forever ;)

We started cruising with three day cruises. We didn't drive from Toronto to Florida to do them, we flew. They were a great long weekend getaway in the dead of winter. We did drive for a 5 day cruise once. It took 25 hours of driving over 2 days from Toronto to Miami. I would not do that again because we are older and crankier than we were in our forties and the hips and knees and backs and ..... object to long car rides these days. ;)

For our 4 day cruise....almost booked our 3 hr flight last night at an airport that we have to drive 4hrs to get to (saves $1000 on airline). Held off, but if we could drive without flying we would (as above poster, we are from Toronto, but too far a drive for us to Florida)