Why are Married 18 -20 YO's different than Spring Breakers?

MizDemeanor

The entire point is that the perception of someone in that age bracket is a spring breaker. At this time of year, from what I read here, if most people saw an 18-20 year old with a beer in their hand they would assume they were a spring breaker. They would have no idea if anyone was just married unless it was announced by the individual themselves. They would all just blend in to one judgemental offensive mindset.

What's the point of all of this? Evidently you're offended that people see an 18-20 year old and assume the worst. That's too bad, but I'm pretty sure that most 18-20 year olds you see, whether on a cruise ship or mall or walking down the street, aren't married.

Ever been to Ft. Lauderdale during Spring Break? I'd guess that 99.99% of this 18-20 year old kids walking around with a beer in their hand aren't married...

Judgemental? Offensive? Lighten up, cupcake... Have a problem with all of this? Email all the insurance companies and ask why car insurance rates are so high until the individual reaches 25 or so.

Jim

What's the point of all of this? Evidently you're offended that people see an 18-20 year old and assume the worst. That's too bad, but I'm pretty sure that most 18-20 year olds you see, whether on a cruise ship or mall or walking down the street, aren't married.

Ever been to Ft. Lauderdale during Spring Break? I'd guess that 99.99% of this 18-20 year old kids walking around with a beer in their hand aren't married...

Judgemental? Offensive? Lighten up, cupcake... Have a problem with all of this? Email all the insurance companies and ask why car insurance rates are so high until the individual reaches 25 or so.

Jim

I dont have an issue with this at all, as quite a matter of fact. I have cruised during spring break, have taken our family at spring break, and have taken our children who had a hole punch in their cabin cards while on spring break.

And yes, I have been to FLL during spring break.

Im not the one complaining about spring break and youths, but there a bunches of people who are day in and day out this time of year.

Get it now, Fella?

I forgot it's 2018 where everyone is offended by every statement. I'll just go ahead and double down on this one. Maybe not every single 20 year old married couple is responsible, but if I were playing the odds, I'd say most married 20 year olds will be more mature than their non married counterparts. It's not "age descrimination" or whatever other PC name you want to give it. It's just using better judgement. So you can say what you want, but a couple on their honeymoon will behave differently than spring breakers.

I’ll bite, married at 20 these days, you might be nuts...IMHO...

My 20-year-old son-in-law is reasonably mature, but he can't walk into a liquor store anywhere in the US and legally buy alcohol, regardless of his marital status. I don't feel strongly one way or the other that he should or should not be excepted from this particular law. There's a legal drinking age, he hasn't reached it yet, so he can't purchase. Not that I am naive enough to think he can't get a drink when we wants one. But no one is going to send him on the beer run to the corner store. [shrug]

Why so much hostility targeted to OP? It's a more interesting (and certainly different) theme than the endless bottled water, Coke vs. Pepsi, obligatory service fees on UBP, NCL vs. CCL, and tipping protocol threads.

Ok let’s try to clarify this a bit better then. On the day this was written there were multiple posts available in the pages from various guests about unsatisfactory experiences while on board citing primarily a particular age category or a demographic.

My take away was that the age group known as the spring breakers were the cause of the dissatisfaction and of course there were the standard admonishings of you should have known better cruising this time of year during spring break.

At the same time there was at least one post about a couple in the same age group who were getting married and wanted to know what could they be allowed to drink while on board.

Whether married or not, at that age a waiver is needed. Being married did not eliminate that and the waivers are signed by mommies and daddies. Or moms and dads if your prefer, or legal guardians as the case may be.

I considered that while there was what I thought to be a lighter touch in the replies for the information, and no admonishing, there likely would be little difference on board of someone in that age group drinking since there appears to be an overwhelming majority notion of drunk and unruly in that age group.

On the face of it there would be no way to tell if the two getting married and drinking could be looked at in a more favorable light; there is no way to separate them out from the rest of that age group due to their age if just looking at everyone on the surface.

It was interesting to me that it could be assumed that married people at that age would be accepted drinking, but those in the same age group who are single are the ones that ruin cruises for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seconding the anti age discrimination post, as a forty-something, married, college student (Senior at GMU) cruising tomorrow on spring break! I’ll try to behave myself...!

Have a great time, GG! And congrats on your upcoming George Mason degree!

Those in the same age group who are single and are college students and are traveling in a pack on spring break and specifically have hedonism in mind are the ones that ruin cruises for everyone.