Azamara Pursuit

AllisonJames

We are fortunate to be booked on Pursuit for the Rio to Lisbon Voyage next March but were quite keen after seeing her yesterday to book for another Pursuit cruise, maybe for 2020. Unfortunately the pricing is beyond our budget so will not be able to take advantage of yesterday’s offer. [emoji45]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Everyone,

My husband, Mike, & I are considering the NYE in Rio cruise on the Pursuit. Does anyone know whether or not the shops on board will carry tobacco & alcohol products (like they do on the Quest)? Does the Pursuit have a smoking section on the pool deck (like they have on the Journey & Quest)? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Jean

Jean, this is the smoking section. Photo taken yesterday morning.

I did see that picture on on of the threads, so I thank you for confirming the smoking area exists.

What about the availability of tobacco products & alcohol purchases from the shops? Are they available on the Pursuit?

Thanks again!

Jean :)

I did see that picture on on of the threads, so I thank you for confirming the smoking area exists.

What about the availability of tobacco products & alcohol purchases from the shops? Are they available on the Pursuit?

Thanks again!

Jean :)

I don't think there is, so far I have only seen a shop selling clothes/gifts etc and the (to be opened) art gallery.

Hi, I don’t think that Journey or Quest have ever sold tobacco or alcohol on board

We were on the Quest in January. They had a shop that sold duty-free alcohol (not for onboard consumption) & cigarettes. The shop is on the Spirits Lounge end, on the same side as Indulgences.

You can buy cigarettes from behind the bar. They are kept at the Pool Bar. From memory $5.50 a packet. Marlboro Light or Gold. Certainly no shop on Quest selling alcohol. There’s only Quest Shop one side and Indulgencies the other.

Phil

Are you on the Quest now, Phil? We were on it in January and the shop was there at the far end (you'd almost miss it if you weren't looking for it).

Are you on the Quest now, Phil? We were on it in January and the shop was there at the far end (you'd almost miss it if you weren't looking for it).
I was on Quest in January and there was no drinks shop. Maybe you are thinking of the table outside the shop which displayed bottles of drink which you could get in a drinks package.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Forums mobile app

Just a note to those who were so impressed by Pursuit yesterday. I have tried to get a quote from the booking line. I have been on the (paid) phone line for nearly 30 minutes. They are having difficulty coming up with a price. I will wait for a call back.

I really love Azamara but sometimes I want to shake them.

Well, it all came good in the end thanks to the wonderful Richard Twynam. All booked for a lovely cruise next May on this splendid ship.

I’m just back from a month on there. Never saw it. I can’t see it serves any purpose when you can bring on as much alcohol (within storage limitations) as you want to. There isn’t one on Journey either.

Phil

I was on Quest in January and there was no drinks shop. Maybe you are thinking of the table outside the shop which displayed bottles of drink which you could get in a drinks package.

Nope. We were on the 04-Jan-2018 11-night Panama Canal/Costa Rica cruise on the Quest. I bought 2 cartons of cigarettes at the shop (but didn't buy any alcohol). The shop WAS there when we were on board.

As a matter of fact, on my recent Baltic cruise (June) on the Journey, I asked where the shop was to buy cigarettes by the carton. I was told, "this is the Journey, not the Quest." Felt a bit foolish, LOL! :-P

Edited by Nuts4pi
Adding info