My Time Dining Question

Hi again!

I have been so happy with the efficiency of responses to my questions on this forum and I am very grateful for this resource to help me plan my trip!

Quick question about My Time Dining.... while using the cruise planner...are you able to reserve a different time for the main dining room for each night? Such as I want to eat at 7pm one night but 8pm the next night? We want to reserve times around our showtimes but when I was using the cruise planner to make my reservations, I did not see a button to add an additional time for the next day but instead it just changed the My Time Dining I had picked for the previous night. Am I missing something here? Please help! :)

Best,

Victoria

Harmony of The Seas 5/12/18

Hi again!

I have been so happy with the efficiency of responses to my questions on this forum and I am very grateful for this resource to help me plan my trip!

Quick question about My Time Dining.... while using the cruise planner...are you able to reserve a different time for the main dining room for each night? Such as I want to eat at 7pm one night but 8pm the next night? We want to reserve times around our showtimes but when I was using the cruise planner to make my reservations, I did not see a button to add an additional time for the next day but instead it just changed the My Time Dining I had picked for the previous night. Am I missing something here? Please help! :)

Best,

Victoria

Harmony of The Seas 5/12/18

Unless there's a complication with the website it should take you through each day individually and have you book a time. That is what I have done on previous cruises. That's the beauty of my time is eating around your schedule. Good Luck!

Do you have to pick a time in advance? You can also just show up but might have to wait, right?

Also, do they seat you with others at a larger table unless you ask to be seated alone?

They will ask you when you arrive if you would like to share a table or not.

Do you have to pick a time in advance? You can also just show up but might have to wait, right?

Also, do they seat you with others at a larger table unless you ask to be seated alone?

Yes you can just show up. There may be a slight wait. You'll be seated with your party unless you ask to be seated with others.

One complication I had with booking my reservations for My Time Dining was that there were only two times offered (5:30 and 8). Aligns with early seatings and late seatings if I'm not mistaken. A little frustrating when I book a 5pm show and then have to wait until 8 to eat if I'm trying to eat in MDR that night. I have a 3 yr old, and the 8 seating will interfere with his bed time severely. May have to take the opportunity to try another restaurant that night.

And sometimes they say no to sitting with others! It was a short cruise, but on my time I got stuck sitting with just my friend. The guy said that they didn't seat you with others unless you came up as a group and asked to sit together.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was reserving my dinner times for the my time dinning yesterday and thanks to the new website it still is having all kinds of problems. It would only let me reserve times for 5 of the 7 days (I left out the 1st and last day). They didn't have a single time available for any of the 7 days between 6 and 6:45. I went ahead and reserved times around my shows having to do some nights at 5:45 just to have a time in the books. I will go back at a later day when hopefully the site is fixed or when I board and try and move to a better time. Also when I go to my calendar on the site it doesn't say the specific time I booked them for, but when I go to modify the time it shows up. I went and checked out one day and time and then just did the process again for the next day.

In short yes you can set different times just the new site still has all kinds of bugs.

I had trouble booking times for my time dining on cruise planner. I would get all the way to last day and it would freeze up and not let me finish. I just called and they did it all over the phone.

And sometimes they say no to sitting with others! It was a short cruise, but on my time I got stuck sitting with just my friend. The guy said that they didn't seat you with others unless you came up as a group and asked to sit together.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, the problem may be that there were no others who wished to share a table at the particular time you wanted to eat. No way to tell in advance so if was probably easier for them to say you had to sit with your party only.