Allure of The Seas Inside Tips

We’ve been on Allure twice and probably still haven’t seen it all or done it all. Have fun exploring. I hope you let us know your thoughts when you get back. She’s our favorite ship, and we’ll be boarding her next March. I’m not sure if it’s already been mentioned, but I would suggest you have a drink on the Rising Tide Bar.

On our last Allure cruise, we ate in the WJ only on the last day. Otherwise, we enjoyed lunch in the Solarium and breakfast at the Park Cafe. We also enjoyed breakfast & lunch at the Dive In cafe. On sea days, it's fun to watch the Flo-Rider and there's a nice bar back there with a great view of the ocean. If you want a quiet place to read, head to the port side by the Solarium as no one uses all those deck chairs in the shade so take your pick. A good place is to watch the parade is by the railing in the Schooner Bar. Enjoy the Allure!

• Like 1

Watching this thread, we will be sailing on the Allure February, 2019.

How early can you reserve the shows? plus, is it before or after cruise is paid in full?

There is nothing consistent or obviously rational about when booking opportunities are made available. The one thing consistent is bookings are released in large sailing dates groups. For example 3 months of sailing dates at a time. So how soon you can book depends on when your sailing date falls into this cycle,

I have sailed cruises at the beginning and end of one of these cycles. A phone call to Royal will always give you the response of 90 days prior to your cruise,

We were on the Allure last May for back to back cruises and enjoyed it so much we are doing it again on the May 13th and 20th cruises this month. Here are links to two threads I recently read that I felt had some good information. Enjoy your cruise.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2613542

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2603336

Bob

• Like 1

On our last Allure cruise, we ate in the WJ only on the last day. Otherwise, we enjoyed lunch in the Solarium and breakfast at the Park Cafe. We also enjoyed breakfast & lunch at the Dive In cafe. On sea days, it's fun to watch the Flo-Rider and there's a nice bar back there with a great view of the ocean. If you want a quiet place to read, head to the port side by the Solarium as no one uses all those deck chairs in the shade so take your pick. A good place is to watch the parade is by the railing in the Schooner Bar. Enjoy the Allure!

Those were some great suggestions. Thanks!

For our sailing on 30th September we were able to book our shows a week ago, we are back to back but the following week hasn't opened up yet.

Have you "registered" at the roll call for those cruises? You are number two that I see on here that's doing the same. Me and my family are back to back as well.

Jazz on Four is a nice venue.....no reservations but it is small so get there early. One night members of the Mama Mia cast did some cool stuff; another, a jazz quartet.......small and relaxing.

Thanks for that tip! Our cabin is on deck 14! ;);)

Park cafe is delicious with great sandwiches and salads. Avoid the windjammer buffet at all costs, may have been the worst buffet I’ve had at see after 15+ cruises.

There is a secret sun deck on deck 14 forward. Walk all the way forward through the stateroom hallways and you will come to a door leading outside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jazz on Four is a nice venue.....no reservations but it is small so get there early. One night members of the Mama Mia cast did some cool stuff; another, a jazz quartet.......small and relaxing.

Second this suggestion. TheMama Mia conductor and some of the actors sang individually. It was really good and a hidden gem.

Park Cafe may be good if you arrive early enough but I was late due to my rental car company. At that point, Park Cafe is just too small.

From my trip report

o Park Café – OK but crowded although we arrived later than I wanted.

 I should have tried another buffet (Wipeout?) or a specialty restaurant.

 Made the experience more stressful than needed

 Chairs were very close together, worse when most people had some kind of luggage.

 Kummelweck sandwiches were OK but not worth the hype. I’ve had a real one somewhat recently in northern NY for the first time, so I’m not an expert but I knew what to expect. I took two and combined them into one sandwich to increase the meat to bread ratio. Some of the beef was not trimmed well and was very fatty.

 We only picked up to go items after this experience. But to be fair it was much calmer later. Never did any breakfast food here.

Avoid the windjammer buffet at all costs, may have been the worst buffet I’ve had at see after 15+ cruises.

I thought overall it was pretty good, although there were some big misses. One miss for me was a Caribbean Chicken soup that was out on the day we visited Jamaica. There were huge and ragged chicken bones in the soup and I called someone over to the table. He explained to me it was prepared Caribbean style. Without expecting this I though it was a mistake. I am still surprised it is prepared this way, it seemed like a choking hazard.

• 4 weeks later...

-Perhaps simply another feature of the inside cabin, but we couldn't get the bathroom light to turn on without flicking the master cabin lights switch. Fairly annoying during sleeping hours. Hoping someone can offer a suggestion for you on that.

I am going to use these for the bathroom on our next cruise:

http://www.orientaltrading.com/white-battery-operated-tea-light-candles-a2-91_5004.fltr?mode=Browsing&parentSkuName=battery-operated-tea-light-candles&parentSku=13632351

We used these during a blackout this last winter and they were fantastic. Only 1 of these will put out enough light for the bathroom. Since they are tealights they take up minimal space, so toss a few in your luggage. You can also pick up smaller packages at Michaels or other craft stores. Since they are battery operated they don't need an outlet like a night light does.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the best specialty restaurant, besides the Chef's Table? My wife is allergic to dairy so we're thinking either Samba, 150 Central Park or Chops, we enjoyed 150 Central Park on the Oasis last year but thought we'd try something new.

Is Samba or Chops worth it compared to 150 Central Park?