Allure of The Seas Inside Tips

What's the best specialty restaurant, besides the Chef's Table? My wife is allergic to dairy so we're thinking either Samba, 150 Central Park or Chops, we enjoyed 150 Central Park on the Oasis last year but thought we'd try something new.

Is Samba or Chops worth it compared to 150 Central Park?

While we enjoyed Samba and have booked it again for our upcoming cruise on Allure it does not compare to 150CP.

What's the best specialty restaurant, besides the Chef's Table? My wife is allergic to dairy so we're thinking either Samba, 150 Central Park or Chops, we enjoyed 150 Central Park on the Oasis last year but thought we'd try something new.

Of the three you mentioned, I'd go with 150CP.

Izumi Hibachi hands down. Curious why it's not on your list.

In my opinion

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would not rule out Chef's table. You could talk with the chef ahead of time and see what he can do to accommodate you. We went twice on our last cruise and he changed up the menu for us the second time.

Chops and Giovanni's is great if you are looking for a heavier meal. Steaks were great at both and you can get an intimate feeling at both restaurants. I was incredibly disappointed in Samba. The sides were a buffet and it felt like you were in a cafeteria. Hibachi is fun and food is delicious, it is just loud. We like doing it for lunch on a sea day. There isn't anything that is similar to 150 in the ambiance, in my opinion.

I would not rule out Chef's table. You could talk with the chef ahead of time and see what he can do to accommodate you. We went twice on our last cruise and he changed up the menu for us the second time.

Chops and Giovanni's is great if you are looking for a heavier meal. Steaks were great at both and you can get an intimate feeling at both restaurants. I was incredibly disappointed in Samba. The sides were a buffet and it felt like you were in a cafeteria. Hibachi is fun and food is delicious, it is just loud. We like doing it for lunch on a sea day. There isn't anything that is similar to 150 in the ambiance, in my opinion.

We ruled out the Chef's Table because of the cost, and last year when we did it aboard the Oasis we spent the entire next day recovering! :fever::fever::fever:

How was the taste of Samba's sides? They're usually the difference between an OK and a great churrascaria.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Very nice, large, two deck space with a view of the Boardwalk.
Upper deck is pretty much used up with Chef's Table. The lower portion is better laid out than Oasis. Same foggy distorted glass.

I wonder if Harmony has the same glass issues

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Upper deck is pretty much used up with Chef's Table. The lower portion is better laid out than Oasis. Same foggy distorted glass.

I wonder if Harmony has the same glass issues

Isn't Harmony's DL down in the dungeon?

It appears that Chef's Table is part of the specialty dining package -- is that correct? We've attended Chef's Table on another cruise line, but we had to submit our names and were then selected to attend Chef's Table. Does everyone who purchases the specialty dining package have the opportunity to attend Chef's Table?

Love all the tips.

It appears that Chef's Table is part of the specialty dining package -- is that correct? We've attended Chef's Table on another cruise line, but we had to submit our names and were then selected to attend Chef's Table. Does everyone who purchases the specialty dining package have the opportunity to attend Chef's Table?

Love all the tips.

I thought that any wine pairing dinner (which includes Chef's Table) was not an option for the dining packages.

Love all the tips.

Chefs table is not included with any dining package. Here is the fine print.

Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation must be used on the first or second night of the sailing. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater. Offer provides discount off wine selections at specialty dining restaurants with the purchase of a qualifying dining package. Offer provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Offer valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Ultimate Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded

-Perhaps simply another feature of the inside cabin, but we couldn't get the bathroom light to turn on without flicking the master cabin lights switch. Fairly annoying during sleeping hours. Hoping someone can offer a suggestion for you on that.
we get a battery operated cheap closet light for the bathroom. No need to turn on the light.

silver-light-it-puck-lights-30010-301-64_1000.jpg

Park cafe is delicious with great sandwiches and salads. Avoid the windjammer buffet at all costs, may have been the worst buffet I’ve had at see after 15+ cruises.

There is a secret sun deck on deck 14 forward. Walk all the way forward through the stateroom hallways and you will come to a door leading outside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Buffets are always the pits! Even on a ship, might as well be a Golden Corral (and it makes me irritable, just ask my husband who caused us to be late and this stuck with the buffet one night LOL)

• 2 weeks later...