Allure of The Seas Inside Tips

All advice you've received is good stuff! I would like to emphasize my opinion that there is no need to go to the main buffet. We NEVER used it during our seven days, and never missed fighting crowds and looking for tables.

After 3 days, we discovered the breakfast buffet in the solarium. It's a decent size (I couldn't find any significant items missing), and it felt like maybe 50 people had discovered it. We had our choice of great seating, were able to get our food fast, and having the forward view was a nice bonus as well. Then we'd often pop into the humongous hot tubs the solarium has off each side of the ship. In the early morning, virtually no one was using them.

In the evenings, there will be live music in Central Park. Usually something a little more mellow. We saw string quartet, and a piano/vocalist, etc. It is VERY pleasant, and perhaps even romantic, to stroll through the park, perhaps grab a drink at the bar, and sit and watch for a few minutes. It is just SUPER relaxing.

And let me emphasize the need to reserve your Aqua Theater tickets for the earliest showing you can (we went on the very first evening out of port). It's a very fun show, and yet, if the weather is bad, they have to cancel, and you stand the risk of it never being rescheduled. We ended up seeing it in its entirety twice and even caught our favorite part a third time.

Oh, and be sure to attend The Quest game show. It's always HILARIOUS. (Not for kids though.) It's held in the Ice Rink (don't worry, the ice is covered.) And finally, speaking of the ice rink, you can make reservations in advance for one of the ice shows. I recommend doing so. But they will also have a more kid's oriented show (HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON was what was on last year...not sure about now) that you cannot reserve in advance. We blew it off, assuming it would just be childish, but I've heard many folks remark that it's actually quite good and perhaps better than the other show.

I'm sure I'm forgetting lots more, but other folks will pitch in. It's a VERY fun ship with loads of locations and activities.

Wow...lots of great tips!!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for all the tips! I'm sailing in September too and I've never really thought of the Park Cafe and the Solarium Cafe for breakfast and lunch. That's where we'll be the first day for lunch!!

Johnny Rockets is a great place for a complimentary breakfast. Have breakfast sitting outside on the boardwalk. We did this twice last week. Great fun!

Have a light jacket or sweater on hand for the ice show. It's a bit chilly!

My DW needs a wrap sometimes in the MDR and Theater

How far in advance can you make show reservations?

Thanks

My experience has been around 90 days before the cruise. Around the same time that final payment is due.

Is the Solarium ages 16+ on the Allure?

Hoping so. We used it all of the time on the Oasis and it was a nice quiet place to enjoy breakfast or just a chair in the sun.

Yes, the area outside the restaurant is 16+, but children under 16 can use the Solarium restaurant.

• Like 1

Great Thread...Thanks...I would assume alot of these apply to all Oasis class ships?

We will be on Oasis in 10 days...I will be looking for the deck 14 "hidden" area.

Also looking to avoid the crazyness of the WindJammer so lots of good options.

My tips:

1- Reservations, reservations, reservations. Keep an eye on your cruise planner and book things as soon as they come available!

2- Specialty dining. We booked a package and it was well worth it-the specialty restaurants are really terrific and worth the extra money!

3- get drinks at the trellis bar in Central Park every night. Sometimes there’s live music-it was our favorite pre-dinner spot!

4- don’t be afraid to thwart the chair hogs in the solarium or on the pool deck. “Towel seat saving” on Allure was ridiculous. When you find seats saved by just a dry towel, move the towel and plop yourself down. Chances are the people that save those seats will never show up. Fortunately pool deck staff will not help you find a seat.

Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--If doing My Time Dining, make your reservations ASAP. Same with the shows.

Why do I need to make reservations with My Time Dining? Thought the idea was to go at your leisure. Will be our 1st time on Royal, can't wait. Thanks for all the info and ideas.

Why do I need to make reservations with My Time Dining? Thought the idea was to go at your leisure. Will be our 1st time on Royal, can't wait. Thanks for all the info and ideas.

You are not required to make reservations for MTD, however having a reservation can shorten your waiting time.

• 2 weeks later...
You are not required to make reservations for MTD, however having a reservation can shorten your waiting time.

We loved making our reservations for MTD on NOS. After the first couple of days they just waved us in since we had already "reserved" our table as well. Loved our waiters and specifically asked for that table after our first night's dinner. Never had any issues. I would definitely try to do that again going forward (assuming I liked our waiters).

I found one of the most beautiful places to hang out is on the deck by the running track. Every morning I ran, there was a couple sitting in the steamer chairs with no one else around. It looked like a lovely place to sit. Also, if interested in classes in the fitness center, I would sign up on day one. We had a full TRX class. The free classes (abs, etc) were great was well!

I found one of the most beautiful places to hang out is on the deck by the running track. Every morning I ran, there was a couple sitting in the steamer chairs with no one else around.

I'll second this one. My wife goes running pretty early every morning. I wake up early with her but since I'm allergic to exercise I use that time for coffee and "pre-breakfast." A couple times on Oasis (Allure's sister ship, same basic setup), I took my coffee and pastry/muffin/whatever to those seats and stared out at the ocean while waving each time my wife passed by of course. It's extremely peaceful. Also a great place to be when the sun comes up (yes, she runs that early).

• Like 1

Watching this thread, we will be sailing on the Allure February, 2019.

How early can you reserve the shows? plus, is it before or after cruise is paid in full?

No set time, and the cruise does not have to be paid off.

Solarium is a great buffet for breakfast.

Park cafe is great for lunch.

To avoid line ups go on zipline right when it opens. My son went about 7 times in a row without even having to remove the gear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Like 1