Headliners / Entertainers

On 3/28/2018 at 10:08 AM, SoSem75 said:

I was on the Grandeur last week and Michael Grimm, winner of America’s Got Talent year 5 was the headliner. He was FANTASTIC, There was also an enjoyable Beatles tribute band, Britain’s Finest. My nose was out of joint for the first couple of days of the cruise due to the roast beef on hard roll no longer being served at the Park Cafe and changes to the MDR menus. However, by the end of the cruise, all was forgiven as the Michael Grimm concert was a highlight for me. My first cruise was on the NCL Gem the first year she sailed and the entertainment every night was outstanding while the food was mediocre, at best, but I loved the cruise. My next cruise was on the Carnival Pride where the food was quite good but the entertainment and activities just dreadful. So, I have come to the conclusion that good shows in the theater are very important to me. It goes without saying that my idea of a “good show” may not be the same as someone else’s.

I would be interested in hearing what headliners have appeared on other ships. I understand the shows are fantastic on the biggest ships but also have heard you won’t get in to see them unless you make reservations long before you get on the ship.

What headliners have been on ships you’ve been on?

Any idea how long Michael Grimm and Britain's finest will be on Grandeur? Sailing on November 8 and would love to see both!

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Please tell me Royal hasn’t done away with the Roast Beef on bun in the Park Cafe?!?!?!

In general, the Kummelweck is still served at Park Cafe, but I do recall that Enchantment would have a pork roast instead of beef on some days.

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Ok. I thought I read they said they had done away with the RB on roll. That was a great go to lunch snack. 

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall reading that.

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I wish I had the double quote thing down. Read the OP’s post about their nose and the Park Cafe/MDR. Maybe I’m not reading it properly?

I see what you mean.  However, I cannot tell if the lack of the roast beef sandwich was a one day thing or lasted the entire cruise.

Just back from Quantums repo cruise from China to Singapore,The Royal Theatre & 2-70 are lovely rooms that deserve far better quality entertainment IMO.

Starwater was memorable for the main singer,awesome voice,but we have seen videos of that so many times,Sequins & Feathers started off remarkably like Starwater & never really improved,the band by the pool were memorable for totally murdering Sweet Home Alabama & Long Train Running in one set & as for the Queen tribute,dire doesn't cover it!

IMO probably the best musical entertainment on board was in the Pub where two young ladies,one with a violin & the other with an accoustic guitar played some amazing versions of very surprising songs,sadly many people didn't seem to even notice they were there!

9 hours ago, smilz said:

Any idea how long Michael Grimm and Britain's finest will be on Grandeur? Sailing on November 8 and would love to see both!

Since that was posted on March 28, 2018, I doubt that they will be on your cruise next month.  😉  

8 hours ago, snaefell said:

Starwater was memorable for the main singer,awesome voice,but we have seen videos of that so many times

Sorry but I don't understand this statement.    Are you saying the band was mediocre but the singer was good?    

17 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Roast Beef on bun

Crazy band name.  Hope it's not the named after the band lead. 

But seriously, I was kind of hoping for more of a 'best of' list than a good and bad.   It would be nice to see a performer listed in the Compass and know that was a 'don't miss' show.      

15 hours ago, kurtp13 said:

Sorry but I don't understand this statement.    Are you saying the band was mediocre but the singer was good?    

Sorry if you are not familiar with Starwater,a show in 2-70,from which before we went on board we had seen videos a number of times of the main singer as she is lifted through a trapdoor in the ceiling ,the rest of the show was pretty forgettable apart from her,like I say,great voice.