Getaway anniversary dinner- Cagney’s Or Moderno

beachykeen720

We are celebrating our wedding anniversary while on board our first NCL cruise on the Getaway. Is Cagney’s or Moderno a better choice for an anniversary dinner as far as a nice, romantic ambiance? We will eat at both on our trip but I’m wondering if one has a better anniversary ‘mood’ than the other.

Food is much better at Moderno...but it's not very romantic. Those servers are INTENSE...they do not care one bit if you flip your token to red to stop the meat onslaught.

No it isn't. Meat is blah - overcooked at Moderno, although salad bar is interesting. Food and ambiance much better at Cagney's.

No it isn't. Meat is blah - overcooked at Moderno, although salad bar is interesting. Food and ambiance much better at Cagney's.

Had zero overcooked meat. Cagneys steak was cooked correctly but barely seasoned...lobster bisque was straight broth, onion rings looked like they came from BK and the desserts seemed like they'd been on the buffet waiting for our server to pick them up dry and lifeless. Not to mention getting there right at open it took like 2 hrs the service was so slow.

Moderno's salad bar alone smokes any appetizers or sides at Cagneys.

Cagneys was not terrible, it's a beautiful room, but it's makeup on a Colorado Steakhouse.

Had zero overcooked meat. Cagneys steak was cooked correctly but barely seasoned...lobster bisque was straight broth, onion rings looked like they came from BK and the desserts seemed like they'd been on the buffet waiting for our server to pick them up dry and lifeless. Not to mention getting there right at open it took like 2 hrs the service was so slow.

Moderno's salad bar alone smokes any appetizers or sides at Cagneys.

Cagneys was not terrible, it's a beautiful room, but it's makeup on a Colorado Steakhouse.

Moderno's salad bar is so freaking overrated.

On Getaway twice and have eaten at all the specialties. I would suggest Cagney's and LeBistro for an anniversary dinner. Let them know and they will find you a cozy table :-)

Moderno is delicious but definitely not romantic and you will end up with the meat sweats! Not sexy for an anniversary dinner

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

I set a reservation at Cagney’s for the night. I also appreciate the recommendations for Le Bistro and La Cucina. Both of those are on our list as well but my husband will appreciate the food more at Cagney’s for our special day.

We are celebrating our wedding anniversary while on board our first NCL cruise on the Getaway. Is Cagney’s or Moderno a better choice for an anniversary dinner as far as a nice, romantic ambiance? We will eat at both on our trip but I’m wondering if one has a better anniversary ‘mood’ than the other.

If it were me, I would actually do Le Bistro because it is a little more romantic, usually with fantastic service. If you really are set on one of the two you mentioned Cagney's would be my choice. I like them both, but Modernos is just not a place to celebrate a special occasion in my opinion.

to those who say the meat at Modernos isn't good or the salad bar is over rated, well we all know food is subjective, but I totally disagree. We have eaten at Modernos on several NCL cruises and have never been disappointed. Sometimes they even ask how we want it cooked, or if not we tell them. I do not think the salad bar is quite as good as it was about 10 years ago, when they first started, but it is still darn good.

Go with Cagney’s based on your question. However, in my opinion Le Bistro would be more of a special day / more romantic.

It also depends on what time you are going for dinner. If its late at night like 8-10 pm, Le Bistro might be more quiet in the dark with candles. At Cagney's, the room would be more brighter. Anyway, these restaurants are good and their desserts especially at Le Bistro if you are a fan of creme brulee.