Carnival Magic - ice buckets

beshears

We are to be on the Magic w/in the next 24 hours. Do they have ice buckets out, or do we need to ask for one? Also, if the bucket is there, and we have used all the ice, do you know if there is a place where we can fill it up ourselves?

Yes the cabins have the metal ice buckets that the room steward will fill for you. We usually ask that the ice is filled morning and evening. But if you need add'l ice you will need to take it yourself to the Lido deck and use the ice machine there to self fill.

Thank you for your reply. The suggestion of going to the Lido deck and getting ice from the machine there is good also. I hope I can do this, but for Christmas, one of my gifts given to me was a beach bag that has a bottom zipper compartment where I can keep things cool. I thought this way, I could put ice in the bottom before I left, "IF" they will let me get off the ship that way, but maybe not. If I still need extra ice, I can still get it for the room.:)

Curious question.... If your room has a fridge, why do you need an ice bucket? I see so many people talk about ice buckets and wanting them filled. I've always had a fridge in our cabin and if you keep the cabinet door open the fridge stays cold. This isn't a jab at the OP, just a curiosity question.

Curious question.... If your room has a fridge, why do you need an ice bucket? I see so many people talk about ice buckets and wanting them filled. I've always had a fridge in our cabin and if you keep the cabinet door open the fridge stays cold. This isn't a jab at the OP, just a curiosity question.

Those are glorified coolers. Not really a fridge. You may be able to keep cold things cool but Ive never seen one that would make warm things cold. I always request ice for that reason.

Those are glorified coolers. Not really a fridge. You may be able to keep cold things cool but Ive never seen one that would make warm things cold. I always request ice for that reason.

I guess we've just always been lucky. We take on our sodas with us so they're not cold when we embark and put them in the fridge. They get cold pretty quick, when leaving the cabinet door open. I do agree when that door is closed they're nothing more than a cooler.

I like ice in my drink.

I guess we've just always been lucky. We take on our sodas with us so they're not cold when we embark and put them in the fridge. They get cold pretty quick, when leaving the cabinet door open. I do agree when that door is closed they're nothing more than a cooler.

And Ive never tried one by keeping the cabinet door open. Thanks for the tip :)

And Ive never tried one by keeping the cabinet door open. Thanks for the tip :)

Yea try it next time. If the cabinet door is closed then the air can't circulate thus the fridge circulating hot air. If the door is open it gets good ventilation and keeps things cold. :)

OK, let me see what some of you have posted. First, I have cruised for over 25 years, and "never" found a frig on a ship that kept anything barely cool, and definitely not cold. That is why I was asking for the extra ice.

So are you saying, if we leave our cabin door open by propping it open a tad, it will keep the frig cold? How can that be when the frig door is closed? As you can see, this is news to me.

OK, let me see what some of you have posted. First, I have cruised for over 25 years, and "never" found a frig on a ship that kept anything barely cool, and definitely not cold. That is why I was asking for the extra ice.

So are you saying, if we leave our cabin door open by propping it open a tad, it will keep the frig cold? How can that be when the frig door is closed? As you can see, this is news to me.

Yep, you keep the cabinet door open where the fridge is and it will keep things cold. When the door is open to the cabinet, it allows for air circulation and proper ventilation of the fridge. It will keep things cold. You could probably put an ice tray in there, I don't know. Never tried that. lol I know it keeps my sodas cold. With the cabinet door closed though, the hot air the fridge motor generates cannot escape and just circulates in there.

not necessarily true, our last 3 cruises, Dream, Magic and currently on the Conquest the fridge is very cold, not wine cooler cold, refrigerator cold. We like ice to cool off our up martinis we take up from the lobby. Our warm bottled water is also very cold

I've never had a fridge that kept anything pretty cold but I gave up trying them a couple of years ago. I brings a collapsible cooler and the steward keeps it full of ice. I prefer my beer really cold a couple of them sitting in ice is very nice.

We are to be on the Magic w/in the next 24 hours. Do they have ice buckets out, or do we need to ask for one? Also, if the bucket is there, and we have used all the ice, do you know if there is a place where we can fill it up ourselves?

Just ask for ice 2x a day.

Not the cabin door, the cabinet door that the fridge is in. ;)

Just off of the Conquest. Our soda and water kept in the fridge was super COLD. Did NOT keep the cabinet door open.

It had been a while since we sailed Carnival but was surprised when there were no ice buckets in our cabins. We were a little confused about whether we were supposed to request one or not.

Janet

This. Our room steward refilled the ice every evening. Wouldn't have asked had I earlier realized the mini fridge in the closet.

I have tried leaving the cabinet door open but it made no difference. It still didn't get cold. I'm hoping we will luck out this time and get a real refrigerator.

It would be nice if the ice machines were accessible, but they are located in areas off limits to passengers.

Exception is the ice at the Lido, but I have found these are not really ice-making machines, but ice dispensers that the staff keeps refilling. So, it's usually bad form to go there and fill up a large bucket (but plenty of people still do.)

I like the idea of getting ice from a bar.

I prefer ice in my glass when drinking water or soda, so even if there is a frig, I usually ask the room steward to fill ice bucket in morning and evening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums