Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

I was going to paste in a screenshot of the landing page I get, but apparently this forum doesn't support that.

Check the paperclip icon when you are replying and have the full options header.

It will suck the file of your choice from your computer up as an attachment.

Today for the first time on my desk top I have the new HAL website (or at least the hybrid version. Some of the layout is new, some is familiar). I want to go on record here as stating that it seems to be working ok, and I'm playing around with it to see where everything is. If I go to "Already booked" up in the top RH corner, I can find all the information I need regarding my Mariner status, reservations, itineraries, etc. If I ask that my computer remembers my ID and password, when I need to input that info, it automatically fills in for me. I'm a very primitive computer user,. My husband is a programmer, and he can't understand how I can be so unbelievably inept around technology. In fact, he says that there are no words to describe my inability to use computer devices:p:p. So, if I can figure this new site out, there's hope for others;p:D

Today for the first time on my desk top I have the new HAL website (or at least the hybrid version. Some of the layout is new, some is familiar). I want to go on record here as stating that it seems to be working ok, and I'm playing around with it to see where everything is. If I go to "Already booked" up in the top RH corner, I can find all the information I need regarding my Mariner status, reservations, itineraries, etc. If I ask that my computer remembers my ID and password, when I need to input that info, it automatically fills in for me. I'm a very primitive computer user,. My husband is a programmer, and he can't understand how I can be so unbelievably inept around technology. In fact, he says that there are no words to describe my inability to use computer devices:p:p. So, if I can figure this new site out, there's hope for others;p:D

Since I take it your DH is comfortable with you having your web browser remember your

passwords, I presume it is in a physically secure location. (yn)

Since I take it your DH is comfortable with you having your web browser remember your

passwords, I presume it is in a physically secure location. (yn)

Thank you for your concern. My husband has cleverly disguised my computer as a microwave oven and programmed it to self-destruct if anyone other than he or myself touches it:

th?id=OP.efuX7pJ2WZHKJw300C300&w=180&h=150&rs=1&pid=21.1

So far no one has died.

If only we could program the correct time on it :D

PS This is not the actual model;:cool: I'm not that dumb.

Thank you for your concern. My husband has cleverly disguised my computer as a microwave oven and programmed it to self-destruct if anyone other than he or myself touches it:

So far no one has died.

LOL Back in the very early days of personal computing the wags at our local Kaypro club put all the necessary parts inside a toaster oven, just to take the mystery out of these new and pretty awesome suitcase-sized machines.

I don't know if anyone from HAL would ever look at this forum, but I wonder if it wouldn't be helpful to post what we don't like about the new site. My experiences:

1. To get to a cruise I have already booked, it takes at least two different logins.

Only one login required for me to see everything about my existing reservation.

Then even, even when signed in, I have to enter my booking number and last name. Not helpful.

That's strange... I don't have to do this.

2. If you have a cruise booked, and not have an assigned cabin, there is no easy way to check if a room is assigned and what it is. In the past, when you checked your bookings, the main page would tell you the booking, ports, and stateroom. From that page you could select print luggage tags, neither are available now.

All of that is available to me, including ability to print luggage tags now for my Eurodam sailing in December.

3. Access to the past is either not there, or hidden.

If you're referring to your cruise history, it's there under 'My Mariner Status'. It's only 'hidden' if you're not looking. ;)

Then even, even when signed in, I have to enter my booking number and last name.
It's been like that for as long as I can remember. Different systems. Maybe someday they will have some sort of single sign-on arrangement, but probably not until it is worthwhile.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

So far no one has died.

::considers himself properly chastised:: :loudcry:

So far no one has died.

Post of the day!!! :D (y)

Since this thread started I have wondered just what you all were posting about as in Europe we continued to have the 'old' front end to the website. Then, yesterday, kapow! and we had the 'new website'. I immediately felt at home, as I had heard so much from your side about it.

Today, it is gone again!

Though, when I play a bit deeper, the UK site has the old front end, whereas the Dutch site has the new front end. But that could change.:confused:

I have the new site and now I can not log in. Says email and/or password not valid. Tried to sign up again and said could not do at this time???? [emoji848][emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have a nice, 14 day trip to Tahiti booked but I cannot find my booking on this joke they call an official website....so I guess I will call and cancel it.

You're obviously not looking hard enough..;p

I have the new site and now I can not log in. Says email and/or password not valid. Tried to sign up again and said could not do at this time???? [emoji848][emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Operator error.. I have no problem logging into the new site with the same credentials that I have used for years.

Operator error.. I have no problem logging into the new site with the same credentials that I have used for years.
In another thread, someone was talking about something unrelated and insinuated that in response to change people inadvertently work against themselves, assuming the problems are external and unsolvable rather than considering what they can do for themselves.

Full Disclosure: I do want to report the first significant problem I've found with the new website. I was reviewing my reservation and checking out the bullet items under the "Days Until Departure" heading. Here are my test results:

PASS Check In

PASS Buy EXC Tours™

PASS Best Price Guarantee

PASS Book Dining

PASS Book Spa

PASS Purchase Gifts & Indulgences

PASS Purchase Beverages

PASS Purchase Cruise Protection Plan

PASS Essential Documentation

FAIL View Deck Plan

The URL for that last bullet is incorrect. That link is no longer bringing me to the correct place. I've reported it even though I don't need it fixed; I can still very easily get to the Deck Plan through the menu (The Experience \ Our Ships \ Nieuw Amsterdam \ PDF ALL DECKS).

Just for giggles I had a friend of mine who is high up in the tech industry out here in California check out the new website. Her opinion? Worst web design ever! Websites should be easy to navigate- one click away idea. She asked if they were trying to lose clients! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

checked in today and got the new web site...yesterday the old one! Today tried 9 times to log in and when I finally did could not go to my next booking (have 2 cruises booked ..one for this June and another for next April)...

sent a message some time ago ..no response but guess that is because it is a Saturday.. hopefully on Monday I will be able complete booking excursions..So glad I have already printed out boarding passes !

I am not as computer savy as many but have no trouble with Princess , NCL or Celebrity.