Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

I have been using that link for weeks now. It takes me to the old site, with full features. However, today, it only partially loads and just sits there. Is anyone having this problem with the link posted by 3rdgen above ?

That link got me the old site last night. Today, I got the frame/edge of the page and the little spinning circle of doom.
My status today: Using the link on Chrome I hang on the spinner. Without the suffix /?ASCookie=RSOrigin I get the new website.

On Edge, Firefox, and IE I get the old site with or without the suffix. Prior to today the new site was the default without the suffix on Edge only.

Edited by catl331

I used both yesterday and I am beginning to understand the new one. I tried booking an excursion on both and it worked. Next in August will be printing our boarding passes. (I hope) Still have to work on booking a future cruise, haven't as yet figured that out. The cabin selection was a problem.

I used both yesterday and I am beginning to understand the new one. I tried booking an excursion on both and it worked. Next in August will be printing our boarding passes. (I hope) Still have to work on booking a future cruise, haven't as yet figured that out. The cabin selection was a problem.

When you booked excursions, did it look like a new layout, or was it the old one? When I sign in to my account on the new site, go to "my reservations" then click on "buy excursions," it takes me to the old excursion pages, and I can make purchases. If I'm just browsing excursions in general (not through my booking), then it's the new site. Sadly, the new site has dropped the reviews, which I find useful. But they fell off the old site for a while (lots of people called to complain) and then returned, so I'm hopeful that they won't be totally discarded.

Cabin selection is awkward. Like so many things on the new site, more clicks than before. When the site was new, whatever cabin category you started with locked you in. Despite "edit room" or whatever that link is, you couldn't change cabins or categories without exiting the booking and starting again. You can now get some choices to edit room, but it's still cumbersome.

Call it a work in progress, if I'm being kind. I'm just glad I'm not currently in the market to make a booking, buy an excursion, or print any docs. I've only been exploring the website to understand what others are going through.

Dear Moderator' date='

Please close this thread.[/quote']

Believe it or not, I think this thread is actually serving its purpose. Some posters have written detailed observations about their experiences using the new website, and I'm sure HAL is monitoring those to make the needed adjustments. Others have included correspondence from HAL regarding the process. I find those posts actually helpful. I'm sure things will be worked out in time, but it's good to have a forum like this for discussion. Nobody is obligated to read anything.

I guess I just became smarter? :p ;p :cool:

That must be it. It couldn't possibly be because the IT department realized it had a mess on its hands, and is working to fix their mistakes. :rolleyes:

Nah. You're just getting smarter. ;)

Unbelievable, I used Chrome to get to the HAL site and was able to book excursions and dining which I could not do using Edge. Also my Mariner status was correct - the last cruise had been added when it wasn't on the new site.

Dear Moderator' date='

Please close this thread.[/quote']Dear Cap'n,

No one is forcing you to read it.

Believe it or not, I think this thread is actually serving its purpose.
Definitely agree.

Dear Moderator' date='

Please close this thread.[/quote']

If you see a problem with any post in this thread or any thread in any of our forums, please use the report triangle in the upper right corner of every post.

Please use the Report A Post icon located in the UPPER right hand corner of each posting if you wish to report a violation of our Community Rules of Participation.

Thank you.

Absolutely hate the new website and have sent feedback 3 times and contacted a cruise consultant I infrequently use and let her know my feelings and why.

My advice to you is to simply get over it, and learn the new system. Take a few deep breaths, take some time to learn the new system and move forward.;)

My advice to you is to simply get over it, and learn the new system. Take a few deep breaths, take some time to learn the new system and move forward.;)

Alternatively, leave an "exit interview" and vote with your feet. :(

Nevermind the website. The new Crow's Nests say HAL is on it's

way to not being HAL anymore.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55976793&postcount=30

Many of the business sites I visit regularly have been revised recently to be more small-screen friendly. None are as kludgy and buggy as HAL's. Many are much smaller businesses than HAL. If they can hire people to get it right the first time, why can't HAL?

So... speaking of zero defects....has anyone else been assigned a middle name on the new site where they never had one before? Just wondering if it's appearing on your boarding documents.

So... speaking of zero defects....has anyone else been assigned a middle name on the new site where they never had one before? Just wondering if it's appearing on your boarding documents.

No middle name that was not mine, but I now have a male room mate on my upcoming cruise. I am a woman traveling solo :) I hope he is charming and good looking.

Today's consumers demand fast response with zero defects or they quickly move on.

That's why the airlines are losing so many passengers.

Oh, wait.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

This morning I went to print out an updated itinerary since I added a new excursion to my next cruise. I got the new web site this morning and nothing that I booked, excursions, dining and water appear on my itinerary. That is frustrating!:mad::mad:

This morning I went to print out an updated itinerary since I added a new excursion to my next cruise. I got the new web site this morning and nothing that I booked, excursions, dining and water appear on my itinerary. That is frustrating!:mad::mad:
Doesn't give you much confidence that everything will be correct on the ship does it? :(

Did they pick up your correct middle name, or give you a new one?

I printed out docs from the old site and my middle name is on the boarding pass. I have my middle name on my frequent flier and past cruiser accounts because it's on my passport and I want everything to match. I make sure it's on my VP, too, so it always shows up on my boarding pass.

No middle name that was not mine, but I now have a male room mate on my upcoming cruise. I am a woman traveling solo :) I hope he is charming and good looking.

And wealthy, so he'll pick up your onboard spending. :D

Doesn't give you much confidence that everything will be correct on the ship does it? :(

I have zero confidence at this point that everything will be in place when we board ship. I do have printed copies of all of my purchases so will bring them along with me. Final payment is in about a month if the account isn't correct by then we will need to decide if it's worth the risk.

And does not snore loudly

I have zero confidence at this point that everything will be in place when we board ship. I do have printed copies of all of my purchases so will bring them along with me. Final payment is in about a month if the account isn't correct by then we will need to decide if it's worth the risk.

I don't think your actual records are in jeopardy. It's probably just the customer website. Try calling customer service to see if they can pull up your record and verify everything. (And by all means express your concerns about the website and your booking.) I've had a delay in purchases appearing on my itinerary and when I've called, I was told that they were in place. Sure enough, they'd appear the next day or so.

I don't have a lot of confidence in the website, either. But I do have confidence that the ship will make it right, especially since you have copies that prove your purchases. And the website has improved over the past month or more since it launched, so there's hope it will continue to get better.

Today's Dilbert comic strip might be straight from HAL headquarters:

Alice: "Did anyone test our user interface?"

Pointy Haired Boss: "No, our customers will tell us what they don't like about it. And they work for free."

Alice: "That doesn't sound right."

Pointy Haired Boss: "That's what our customers say, too. And unlike you, they work for free."