Single thread - New website issues and discussions

canadarocks

Today's Dilbert comic strip might be straight from HAL headquarters:

Alice: "Did anyone test our user interface?"

Pointy Haired Boss: "No, our customers will tell us what they don't like about it. And they work for free."

Alice: "That doesn't sound right."

Pointy Haired Boss: "That's what our customers say, too. And unlike you, they work for free."

LOL ... I was just about to post the actual comic strip ... :D

I don't think your actual records are in jeopardy. It's probably just the customer website. Try calling customer service to see if they can pull up your record and verify everything. (And by all means express your concerns about the website and your booking.) I've had a delay in purchases appearing on my itinerary and when I've called, I was told that they were in place. Sure enough, they'd appear the next day or so.

I don't have a lot of confidence in the website, either. But I do have confidence that the ship will make it right, especially since you have copies that prove your purchases. And the website has improved over the past month or more since it launched, so there's hope it will continue to get better.

Ultimately I think you are correct. Many of the missing items were purchased months ago. I do see the information when accessing the old website. I reached out to them once I discovered the missing details and am waiting on a response.

I don't think that this is something that we should have to worry about and I certainly do not want to spend time once on ship filling in the missing pieces.

Ultimately I think you are correct. Many of the missing items were purchased months ago. I do see the information when accessing the old website. I reached out to them once I discovered the missing details and am waiting on a response.

I don't think that this is something that we should have to worry about and I certainly do not want to spend time once on ship filling in the missing pieces.

We'll be fine. I lived through constant Murphy's Law last weekend, so I declare that nothing will go wrong on our cruise.

This morning I went to print out an updated itinerary since I added a new excursion to my next cruise. I got the new web site this morning and nothing that I booked, excursions, dining and water appear on my itinerary. That is frustrating!:mad::mad:

Interesting.. after reading your post I got a little nervous so I went into the new site and pulled up my current booking on Eurodam with no problem. All my itinerary stuff (dining reservations, etc.) was still there.

Interesting.. after reading your post I got a little nervous so I went into the new site and pulled up my current booking on Eurodam with no problem. All my itinerary stuff (dining reservations, etc.) was still there.

I'm glad to hear that your booking is correct. I'm waiting to hear back from HAL and will update when I get a response.

No middle name that was not mine, but I now have a male room mate on my upcoming cruise. I am a woman traveling solo :) I hope he is charming and good looking.

Hahahaha. That is awesome. Keep us posted!

Today's Dilbert comic strip might be straight from HAL headquarters:

Alice: "Did anyone test our user interface?"

Pointy Haired Boss: "No, our customers will tell us what they don't like about it. And they work for free."

Alice: "That doesn't sound right."

Pointy Haired Boss: "That's what our customers say, too. And unlike you, they work for free."

:')

If you access the new site correctly, all should be there... just sayin' ;)

Since I could see each day on my itinerary with the option to add items I can safely say I did it correctly. Also they do appear on the old web site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Again, the HAL Website is useless. I tried to log in and I get Unable to contact the server. Please try again later.

Up and running as of 2018-05-06 08:30 am PDT from the Mojave Desert, CA.

Unable to contact the server. Please try again later.

As of 12:19 pm East Coast. I am trying to log into the itinerary for my cruise. This seems to be a common occurrence with this site.

Unable to contact the server. Please try again later.

As of 12:19 pm East Coast. I am trying to log into the itinerary for my cruise. This seems to be a common occurrence with this site.

I'm getting this also, unable to contact the server.

I'm getting this also, unable to contact the server.

So am I, on both the old and new sites. I can do other things, like search for a cruise and make dummy bookings, but I can't get to my itinerary. There is a notice that website maintenance today may affect things like booking cruises, excursions, specialty restaurants, etc. The time is supposed to be 8-11 PM PST, but maybe some functions have shut down early? Let's hope this maintenance makes some improvements.

The time is supposed to be 8-11 PM PST, but maybe some functions have shut down early? Let's hope this maintenance makes some improvements.
That was yesterday, so I guess the maintenance didn't fix everything!

Due to scheduled maintenance May 5th from 8pm to 11pm PST,

I tried to make a payment and had web site issues. I called in and the person who answered admitted that they are still working on the web site. Even she couldn’t pull up parts of my cruise. She was able to process the credit card. This was about noon east coast time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums