A Diamond Lounge question

If the parents are Diamond, good chance that child is too. ;)

Well yes and no. Child has never cruised... But my kids were Diamonds after their first cruise 20 yrs ago. Back then Diamonds were top tier and were first off the ship...

Maybe you’ve read too many fairy tales but kids aren’t meant to be locked up in keeps or sleep on a hearth in the cinders. We were all kids once and some are less well behaved than others. Nothing you can do about others kids and if showing off a dress is a crime your gonna have to lock up a lot of adult females too. I for one think a little girl going around showing off her dress would put a smile on almost everyone’s face other than the Scrooge. Let kids be kids. They don’t get to be that way for long and showing off a dress is a very cute kid thing.

I could be wrong but think Bill's comment was tongue in cheek. Hence the [sarcasm] warning.

No problem bringing the child/children into the lounge now, though used to be not allowed a few years ago.

The one thing that would be expected, is that if the child acts up and becomes disruptive, that child should be quietly lead out of the lounge.

Then again...there are some adults that act up and should be quietly lead out of the lounge. ;)

Bob is unfortunately correct, and I wonder does he ever sleep? Why would you take a 4 YO to a bar. There is literally nothing there to entertain a 4 year old, and the food, would probably not appeal to them. I am ok with whatever, but why?

JC

We always take our daughter to the diamond lounge. She loves the Hors d’oeuvres and Shirley temples and the great views on some ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because they want their free drinks/snacks and have nowhere else to dump them during those hours.

I don’t dump my kids on nobody and we always buy the drink package it has nothing to do with free drinks and snacks it’s a Royal Carribean benefit and we enjoy going there.

If the parents are Diamond, good chance that child is too. ;)

Yes good point my child is diamond and went on a cruise with her mom which is not and she went into the diamond lounge by herself to get snacks. She was quite proud that she told her mom she has to wait outside. Lol

Royal rules state minors have the same status of their parents after their first sailing,so my kids were given diamond privileges and allowed in the lounge. We liked it as an alternative to the buffet because of the fancy coffee machine for the adults and it was a lot less director breakfast.

I didn't take my kids in during happy hour because it was so crowded it was hard to get any space, but I would get snacks in there. Sometimes the snacks were delicious and child friendly like chocolate covered strawberries.

Yes good point my child is diamond and went on a cruise with her mom which is not and she went into the diamond lounge by herself to get snacks. She was quite proud that she told her mom she has to wait outside. Lol

OK, I'll bite - why isn't the mom also D?

Royal rules state minors have the same status of their parents after their first sailing,so my kids were given diamond privileges and allowed in the lounge. We liked it as an alternative to the buffet because of the fancy coffee machine for the adults and it was a lot less director breakfast.

I didn't take my kids in during happy hour because it was so crowded it was hard to get any space, but I would get snacks in there. Sometimes the snacks were delicious and child friendly like chocolate covered strawberries.

That is my point. Going anytime of the day other than the before dinner mosh, makes a lot of sense, nice snacks mom dad getting a coffee. Taking a small child when it is loud and racous just seems like a recipe for a scene.

Please forgive me and the Pygmys in Borneo, because while I have been married 37 years, we have no kids.

JC

OK, I'll bite - why isn't the mom also D?

We were never married and my daughters Crown and anchor number is under me and I cruise more than her mom does. She can’t wait until she’s diamond plus. It’s a big deal to her it makes her feel special. Next one after this weeks cruise on the Oasis we will finally make it!

My children are adults now but we took them to the DL when they were teenagers. We never had a problem, were never told that they weren't allowed.

If it was too busy then we didn't go. No point in spending time in a loud crowded space. Is very pleasant during the day and no reason why children shouldn't enjoy the space.

I have never had problems with children in DL. I don't understand why some find it a problem.

We are looking at a group cruise for 2019 or 2020 and while discussing the idea it turns out some in the group are Diamond members on RCI. One couple has a 4 year old daughter that has not been on a cruise ship, but the couple are Diamond members. They want to know if they can take their daughter to the DL. I thought I read somewhere that DL has become an "SL" and that Diamond members can use a lounge during the day time but for drinks they get 3 on their account. Really not sure. Let me know. This couple doesn't use CC so let me thank you in advance on their behalf for assistance.

Presently on Allure and children are plentiful in the D lounge. Asked Concierge and she confirmed that children are allowed as long as the child is in the same ca. Have taken my cabin as the D member. Have taken my 3 Grandkids and parents, who are Ds, on a couple of nights. Allure D lounge is open from 4:30-8:00pm and so is the Happy Hour 3 drink allotment..

Yes, on all ships, except for Majesty and Empress which do not have Diamond Lounges.

Does the Grandeur still have a Concierge Lounge? I'm asking to see what value I place on a Grand Suite should I get the call for our June sailing.. Thank you.

Does the Grandeur still have a Concierge Lounge? I'm asking to see what value I place on a Grand Suite should I get the call for our June sailing.. Thank you.

Yes, Grandeur has a CL.

Bob is unfortunately correct, and I wonder does he ever sleep? Why would you take a 4 YO to a bar. There is literally nothing there to entertain a 4 year old, and the food, would probably not appeal to them. I am ok with whatever, but why?

JC

Why not? A cruise ship is a bar. Isn't the pool deck a bar? That's like saying, why do you take your kids on vacation? They won't enjoy it. I have been taking my kids on vacation, since they were born. Yes, during those vacations, they have been in pubs, bars, ships, clubs, VEGAS, and just about any other place that a beer can be purchased. So if I had my young son with me, and before dinner, drop in the lounge to have a drink, than go to dinner what would be wrong with that? He is not so young anymore, so now he can down a pint with me.

Though do keep in mind the rule is still in place during cocktail hours, that a child must be with an adult to enter the lounge during that time. Even for snacks.

Hi all.

Can I just hijack this thread with a quick question rather than start a new one.

Do the Diamond drinks vouchers have a price cap and if so can you just pay the difference if the drink you order is more expensive ... for example my other half loves the ‘chocolate cheesecake martini’ on Indy ... could we get that as a Diamind drink and pay the extra?

Thanks.

... for example my other half loves the ‘chocolate cheesecake martini’ on Indy ... could we get that as a Diamind drink and pay the extra?

No, anything not on the approved list of D drinks, will be charged full price, though some bartenders will bend the rules on what they'll give you with a D voucher.

Hi all.

Can I just hijack this thread with a quick question rather than start a new one.

Do the Diamond drinks vouchers have a price cap and if so can you just pay the difference if the drink you order is more expensive ... for example my other half loves the ‘chocolate cheesecake martini’ on Indy ... could we get that as a Diamind drink and pay the extra?

Thanks.

The Diamond vouchers have no inherent value or price cap. If you want something that is not covered by the drink vouchers, you would pay full price.

No, anything not on the approved list of D drinks, will be charged full price, though some bartenders will bend the rules on what they'll give you with a D voucher.

Thank you.

There’s an actual list? How do I find that?