Paying for excursions with OBC

Hi! I have a question about excursions. We have some OBC from our travel agent, that won't become available until after boarding. But there's an excursion that I'd like to book online before we sail. I want to be sure it is not filled up, and I can get a better price.

Can I book it online now, have it charged to my credit card, then have the excursions staff change the payment to OBC after we board the ship? I don't mind paying up front and being refunded the amount later.

Thanks!

Hi! I have a question about excursions. We have some OBC from our travel agent, that won't become available until after boarding. But there's an excursion that I'd like to book online before we sail. I want to be sure it is not filled up, and I can get a better price.

Can I book it online now, have it charged to my credit card, then have the excursions staff change the payment to OBC after we board the ship? I don't mind paying up front and being refunded the amount later.

Thanks!

Nope. If you cancel the excursion onboard, the credit will just be more OBC.

If it's a MUST DO...book it and pay for it...although, I've heard of some being able to use their OBC prior to boarding.....if they don't ...oh well...use your OBC for the gratuities...same difference, either way.

Shore excursion desk told us to book some excursion on the TV. Went back to room. TV bookings showed sold out.

Went back to shore excursion desk and had our choice of several different times. We don't take that many ship excursions. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the input. While I know we'll have no trouble using up all the OBC (spa!!!!), there is more than enough to cover the gratuities and then some. The OBC that was issued from RCCL shows as available pre-cruise but the amount from the travel agent does not. We already used the available pre-cruise credit on another port excursion. I was able to get that one at a discount (bonus!) but I'm still undecided about the other one.

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the input. While I know we'll have no trouble using up all the OBC (spa!!!!), there is more than enough to cover the gratuities and then some. The OBC that was issued from RCCL shows as available pre-cruise but the amount from the travel agent does not. We already used the available pre-cruise credit on another port excursion. I was able to get that one at a discount (bonus!) but I'm still undecided about the other one.

Thanks again!

We did all independent/private tours in Hawaii last year. No regrets.