Bringing snacks onboard

Simbar

Anytine wectravel, we have one if those collapseable picnic bakers we load up with snacks (crackers, chips, sweets, etc). Are we allowed to bring snacks on board.

The hubs asks because he likes to have nibbles in the room.

If he likes potato cbips and such bring them on. Hard to find on ship. Uess you want to pay a fortune for pringles. Taking it off the ship is another question. Heard about food police dogs in cozumel.

We just got back from a cruise and took lots of snacks on and many off that we didn’t eat. We even took some off at the ports. We had packages of beef jerky, peanuts, trail mix, candy, you name it. No problems at all. We didn’t need to buy any snacks at either airports or at ports.

We just got back from a cruise and took lots of snacks on and many off that we didn’t eat. We even took some off at the ports. We had packages of beef jerky, peanuts, trail mix, candy, you name it. No problems at all. We didn’t need to buy any snacks at either airports or at ports.

My daughter dances and we've gone to three competitions/conventions (Jan, Feb, and March) and I still gave snacks that I bought in Jan.

I know not to take them off ship in ports, my husband just wants things to have in our room on the ship or when we are lounging by the pool.

If he likes potato cbips and such bring them on. Hard to find on ship. Uess you want to pay a fortune for pringles. Taking it off the ship is another question. Heard about food police dogs in cozumel.

IF the food is prepackaged and unopened, bringing it off the ship in port should not be a problem.

It's kind of like bringing sand to a beach, but you may bring snacks that are purchased from a store still in the original package.
I guess you say that because of all the food on board, but I think there's a big difference between what the ship offers and what someone might like as a snack. Yeah, you can get chips from room service, but not much, and someone could bring the kind they like. Candy bars, different kinds of candy, etc. I'm not going to buy it in Cherry On Top when I can bring some with me for a fraction of the price. Late at night, someone might feel snacky and don't want anything from the pizza place, don't want to mess with room service, or simply don't want anything on the room service menu. So your own snacks would come in handy there. Taking some with you in port. There's a million good reasons to bring snacks with you.

mostly we bring bits&bite mix with a can of salted mix nuts .we were at tabyana beach in roatan and gave the servers at the bar some mixed nuts we bought at cvs on our b2b this year.they loved it.cozumel does check for fruits and meats with dogs at the port.

When they show movies at night by the pool they occasionally make pop corn. By the way you mentioned dance competitions. My daught was in dance for 20 years. That is why there was 20 years between our first cruise and second cruise. :cool:

. By the way you mentioned dance competitions. My daught was in dance for 20 years. That is why there was 20 years between our first cruise and second cruise. :cool:

My daughter is 10. I gave a feeling we still have a looooong way to go with dance, and if it weren't for an inheritance my husband received, dance comps would be my only get-a-ways. :')

For sure! I always hit the Dollar Tree store before a cruise, and buy each of the kids several of the $1 boxes of candy. Then, I put them in a gift bag and set them on their beds, and let them know they need to make it last the whole week. I just can't fathom spending $$$ at Cherry on Top for that candy by the pound. We've done it, but no more!

CeleBrat

For sure! I always hit the Dollar Tree store before a cruise, and buy each of the kids several of the $1 boxes of candy. Then, I put them in a gift bag and set them on their beds, and let them know they need to make it last the whole week. I just can't fathom spending $$$ at Cherry on Top for that candy by the pound. We've done it, but no more!

CeleBrat

Making a note....I'll need to do this for the hubster.:p

We’ve been stuck at embark for several hours for a few cruises. Luckily we had some snacks with us. We’ve been known to pick up a few things in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess you say that because of all the food on board, but I think there's a big difference between what the ship offers and what someone might like as a snack. Yeah, you can get chips from room service, but not much, and someone could bring the kind they like. Candy bars, different kinds of candy, etc. I'm not going to buy it in Cherry On Top when I can bring some with me for a fraction of the price. Late at night, someone might feel snacky and don't want anything from the pizza place, don't want to mess with room service, or simply don't want anything on the room service menu. So your own snacks would come in handy there. Taking some with you in port. There's a million good reasons to bring snacks with you.

I was making a joke. I fully recognize that some people would appreciate an inexpensive snack in their stateroom that if offered onboard would cost an arm and a leg, which is why I included a straight answer to OP's question in the last half of my response;).