Zombie Killer

Gravedigger

Just off the Magic Saturday. Took my grandson to the arcade for the first time. One of the games was called Zombie Killer using an automatic toy rifle you try to shot zombies if you hit one,the blood shoots out and he falls. I think this is a terrible game to have on a family base ship, With all the real shootings happening kids don't need this

Just off the Magic Saturday. Took my grandson to the arcade for the first time. One of the games was called Zombie Killer using an automatic toy rifle you try to shot zombies if you hit one,the blood shoots out and he falls. I think this is a terrible game to have on a family base ship, With all the real shootings happening kids don't need this

My wife and I love the alien and zombie hunter arcade games and play them after the Piano Bar closes often as late at 2am... hiding games like these from kids isn’t the cause or the answer to what’s happening in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, but one can not expect that the world is going to be a sterile, completely violence free environment. Video games, TV, movies, heck the news for that matter is full of such things.

If this is something that bothers you, then you just need to keep walking. It isn't practical to think think that anywhere outside your own home is going to sanitize these things out of existence.

My husband is pretty strict with my son and what he can play on video games. He hates violent games like call of duty. He does let our son play the zombie ones. His theory is that zombies aren't real. He isn't letting his son play a game where he is killing people. And he also explains this to our son. (who still whines to play call of duty). I haven't decided how I feel. But I am just throwing this out there...

I grew up playing war with all my friends. Running around "killing" each other with toy guns that were made to look as real as possible. None of us grew up to be mass shooters. In one of my high school classes, we wrote, starred in, and filmed (VHS camcorder) our own play. It was a detective/murder story. My teacher asked me to bring in my toy guns, the very ones I grew up with, because they were so realistic looking. No one threw a fit, no one called the cops, and no one grew up to be mass shooters. Violent movies, tv shows, video games. None of them gave me the urge to be violent. You said you took him to the arcade. So you let him play it, right? It's pretty easy to tell what an arcade game is like without even playing it.

Sorry (not sorry) OP, but I'll point out a couple of things that seem obvious to me...

1. YOU let the child play the game (without knowing what it was about?)

2. Just because you feel it was inappropriate for your child (and it may have been), it may not have been for other kids. You can't take away something just because YOU don't like it.

But hey, what do I know?

Besides all that was already said, If you know about Zombies then you would realize they can only die by head-shots, so yeah, it may be a little violent.

Did you really think JH will do something about this besides just post a poll?

Come on man, this isn't Disney. Imagine what your kid plays when your not around...lol

When I was a kid, I would shoot aliens in space invaders, a little pac man eating random things, and had little guns shooting at targets. Of course, we always played cowboys and Indians, killing each other. Had our little army man creating massive battles on our floor. Played with little toy planes shooting at each other. I think we even had guns on our bikes, and pretended they were army motocycles shooting at each other. Yet, myself and non of my friends turned into mass murderers.

When I was a kid, I would shoot aliens in space invaders, a little pac man eating random things, and had little guns shooting at targets. Of course, we always played cowboys and Indians, killing each other. Had our little army man creating massive battles on our floor. Played with little toy planes shooting at each other. I think we even had guns on our bikes, and pretended they were army motocycles shooting at each other. Yet, myself and non of my friends turned into mass murderers.

LOL.. True story

Simple solution - Don't. Let. Him. Play! Be the adult and say no.

As a grandparent I am protective of my grandchildren. Your post just mentions that you observed this game, not that you allowed him to play it. For me, I would not allow them to play this game. In fact, I've seen pretty suggestive television on when visiting my daughter's family. I'm mentioned to her a few times that kids pick up a lot more than you think from these shows and it's not a bad thing to tailor your viewing habits while they are up. I distinctly remember growing up having to be in bed at a certain time, because the adults wanted to watch TV.

I played the arcade game Tapper a lot growing up and now I drink beer, so some of it does translate to adulthood...

Hi

I don't know...I played one of those baseball games quite a bit many years ago, but for the life of me, I still can't hit a ball. :)

If you remove these types of machines from our arcades then we chance raising a whole generation that will be unable to defend themselves in the coming zombie apocalypse. The fate of humankind depends on this decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a mother of a 7 year old boy I full heartedly believe it is MY job as a parent to teach him right from wrong, and fantasy vs realitity...so I do not blame games, music, movies etc as an excuse for my sons behavior and or upbringing....so while I do have to teach my child "no son zombies do not exist and you can not shoot people in the head" I do not consider that any different then "no son you can not fly like peter pan and visit never-neverland" etc etc etc....so this game and others have never bothered me, what has always bothered me are parents who put the blame on video games and not themselves for teaching their children.....