Interesting Carnival Survey

RWolver672

I just got an e-mail from Carnival with a link to a survey. It asked the typical what state are you from? Zip Code? Age? Income? Number of people in household by age bracket? Who in family makes decisions about leisure time? How many cruises have you taken? Which cruise lines? Are you likely to cruise in the next two years? Which cruise lines in the next two years? Have you ever seen a production show on a cruise? Which cruise line had the best production show? How satisfied were you?

Then it asked about licensed Broadway production shows? Have you ever seen one? What was it? Was it on Broadway or a traveling show? Which one did you like best?

Then it asked if you were to see a licensed Broadway production on a cruise, which ones would you like to see. It listed a bunch and you had to pick the best five. (The only two I recognized was Mama Mia and Jersey Boys) It asked if you would be interested in getting tickets for these and comedy shows before boarding for your cruise.

From there it went to the normal your marital status, age, sex, nationality, etc.

Wonder if they are thinking about adding a "Licensed Broadway Production" to their line-up of entertainment.

• Like 1

Royal does so its no surprise that Carnival is atleast inquiring.....not to mention Carnival gets bad reviews of their shows and needs some kinda shake up....

Carnival used to have very good production shows. Now they do playlist shows which are much shorter and generally nowhere near as good.

Could be they are thinking of improving their entertainment. Would hope so

Carnival used to have very good production shows. Now they do playlist shows which are much shorter and generally nowhere near as good.

Could be they are thinking of improving their entertainment. Would hope so

Most of the shows skip. But we do like the EPIC Rock show. But they could improve the singers.

Most of the shows skip. But we do like the EPIC Rock show. But they could improve the singers.

Epic Rock and 88 keys are pretty good. Others like Diva's were just awful.

But when you compare any to production shows like Ticket to Ride or Dancing in the Street you can see how they have fallen.

They are testing the market. ie If we invest $X in a licensed show will cruisers pay $$$ > $X to see the show.

Carnival continues to take stuff away and now it may looking to find ways to take a few more $$$ from our wallets. What do you think ?????

Unless it is based on a Disney movie, I have no interest in sitting through a Broadway show. I actually like most of the Playlist Productions shows. I don't like the 70s show, America Rocks, and at least half of 80s Pop to the Max.

I’d like to see what they have in mind - fat chance I’ll ever g0 to NYC and a broadway show - if it’s offered on board I’d probably go. How bad could it be? Well, maybe not O Calcutta, but . . . .

Hey, I got to see Styx for $20, sat very close to the stage, rocked out with the crowd, had a blast! For $20!! Walked right in, sat right down. And my ears weren’t bleeding either.

Two other things that they asked that I forgot was:

1. Would you like to see a two hour licensed Broadway Production?

2. Would you like to see a twenty minute licensed Broadway Production?

They gave probably ten different choices of the productions to choose from. I only recognized Mama Mia, Little Shop of Horrors and Jersey Boys. We saw Mama Mia when it was in Toronto and it was well worth it. If they were popular shows, I think it would probably go over well, depending on how much they charge for it. (Which I'm sure they will if they do implement it.)

Since I seem to be inundated lately with surveys in all aspects of my life, I've decided I will no longer answer any survey that doesn't reimburse me for my time. If Carnival wants my opinion concerning how they can earn more profit, they can pay me for my data.

Not trying to be a jerk (although I'm sure some will think I am), I'm just tired of the constant stream of "surveys" lately. Between work and home life, I've been asked to answer surveys at least 3 times a day for the last few months.

I'm weary of surveys. If business' don't know what their customers want, sorry ain't my problem.

I’m Platinum on Carnival and have even booked some of the rooms myself (otherwise they’re booked by my husband). I have never gotten a survey. Is anyone able to tell me why? My email is on my account profile too. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like the after cruise email

Since I seem to be inundated lately with surveys in all aspects of my life, I've decided I will no longer answer any survey that doesn't reimburse me for my time. If Carnival wants my opinion concerning how they can earn more profit, they can pay me for my data.

Not trying to be a jerk (although I'm sure some will think I am), I'm just tired of the constant stream of "surveys" lately. Between work and home life, I've been asked to answer surveys at least 3 times a day for the last few months.

I'm weary of surveys. If business' don't know what their customers want, sorry ain't my problem.

Surveys are like voting. You can certainly choose not to participate. But if you don't, you have no right to complain about the outcome.

Obviously, they are researching their entertainment, and seeing what the market wants.

I personally have no interest in these shows. However, I really want them to beef them up so it will hopefully pull people from the Punchliner.

Surveys are like voting. You can certainly choose not to participate. But if you don't, you have no right to complain about the outcome.

Nope. Not buying that analogy. Voting and voting with ones wallet are different things.

I "Vote" because I have a vested interest in the direction the course of events take, in the place I live.

I cruise because I want a vacation. If I don't like the outcome, I'll vacation elsewhere. (and enrich someone else's coffers). Those that are savvy enough to know me as a customer will see me remain a customer.

Rule #1. Don't annoy the customer.

Nope. Not buying that analogy. Voting and voting with ones wallet are different things.

I "Vote" because I have a vested interest in the direction the course of events take, in the place I live.

I cruise because I want a vacation. If I don't like the outcome, I'll vacation elsewhere. (and enrich someone else's coffers). Those that are savvy enough to know me as a customer will see me remain a customer.

Rule #1. Don't annoy the customer.

So you expect them to read your mind to determine what you want in a cruise. That's freaking brilliant.

Just got our post cruise email, nothing about entertainment other than the standard.....how would you rate, dancers, singers, etc. Nothing about broadway shows

I just took mine out of curiosity from last weekends cruise and nothing either. I wonder if it's port specific. Mine was out of Galveston

According to that logic, we'd have no right to complain about the members of congress from the other 49 states because we didn't vote for them. As a resident of a local municipality, a county, a state, and a country, I have every right to complain about those who've been chosen to lead each of the governing bodies I fall within.

As paying Carnival customers, we all have the right to complain about the company, whether we took a survey or not.

So you expect them to read your mind to determine what you want in a cruise. That's freaking brilliant.

No. I expect them to pay attention on the ship. If they paid attention, they would see their faults and adjust accordingly. Surveys are about management not knowing what they are doing and asking the customer to find the answers for them.

Royal does so its no surprise that Carnival is atleast inquiring.....not to mention Carnival gets bad reviews of their shows and needs some kinda shake up....

So does NCL. We just saw the Million Dollar Quartet on the Getaway. Fabulous! But we saw CATS on RCCL Oasis of the Sea and it was HORRIBLE and way too long for a cruise ship. Most people left during intermission and never returned. They need to be no more than 60-90 minutes, and very upbeat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums