Jr suite questions

We never had a junior suite but due to my father in law with issues now needing a walker we changed our cabins to JS.

1- I do know if you have connecting rooms in regular staterooms you can hear noise next door, we had no choice but to get JS with connecting doors, will these rooms be just as noisy or are the walls built a little better? lol

2- I do know the balcony rooms do not get cool enough for me, usually the coolest they get is at 73/74, would we find the JS rooms to be cooler? Has anybody who had a JS experienced their room to be too warm even on the coolest setting/balcony door locked and curtains closed?

3- Is there any special disembarkation...do you go to a special place to get off the ship and do you get off the ship earlier than most people?

4- We never had breakfast the day we get off the ship, what time is the buffet open until?

5- We always get the ultimate dining package and we are also booked on the same ship in October, how do we make reservations to Coastal Kitchen, is there a way to pre arrange using the planner, will it show up in the dining/my planner or does that have to be done on the ship?

6- I realize that breakfast in Coastal Kitchen is not for JS guests, but I know a few people who said they were allowed to eat there, have any of you experienced this...it would be better for my father in law to eat breakfast in Coastal Kitchen due to him needing a walker to get around, a smaller place is best for him I think.

7- I am debating on bringing my body soap, what brand of toiletries do you get in the JS?

8- Does anybody know whether cabins 7242 and 7244 are able to open the balcony doors so that we can use our own balconies and hang out together?

1. Same issue with noise. It is not the walls but the space under the door. It all depends on how loud your neighbour is.

5. Reservations for CK must be made on the ship subject to availability.

6. I have not read of anyone in a JS being able to have breakfast or lunch in CK. If it has happened it would be very rare so do not count on that.

8. Balcony dividers can be opened. Just ask your cabin steward.

... 2- I do know the balcony rooms do not get cool enough for me, usually the coolest they get is at 73/74, would we find the JS rooms to be cooler? Has anybody who had a JS experienced their room to be too warm even on the coolest setting/balcony door locked and curtains closed? ...

The ability to cool your stateroom is largely going to determined by whether people in staterooms near you leave their balcony doors open. There are people who like to hear the sound of the water outside, and no matter how many signs there are asking them to keep the balcony door closed, it's their vacation and they are going to do what they want. It's a crapshoot.

Thank you Bob, my father in law is the one in the adjoining cabin, he has to always have that darn tv on (who watches tv on vacations lol) but at least I can tell him to lower the volume, about the ac, just want the room to get cool, if others have doors open I can't do a thing but have to hope they have respect for others around them, just want the room to get down below 74 lol.

Glad the dividers can be opened, it be nice.

We never had a junior suite but due to my father in law with issues now needing a walker we changed our cabins to JS.

1- I do know if you have connecting rooms in regular staterooms you can hear noise next door, we had no choice but to get JS with connecting doors, will these rooms be just as noisy or are the walls built a little better? lol

Wye’ve had many connecting rooms and the folks nearby have been respectful and probably worried we’d be noisy.

2- I do know the balcony rooms do not get cool enough for me, usually the coolest they get is at 73/74, would we find the JS rooms to be cooler? Has anybody who had a JS experienced their room to be too warm even on the coolest setting/balcony door locked and curtains closed?

We take a small plastic dorm size fan which helps.

3- Is there any special disembarkation...do you go to a special place to get off the ship and do you get off the ship earlier than most people?

No, pretty much reserved for suite and Pinnacle. If you wait a bit till the mad rush is over, you will have a pleasant walkoff experience.

4- We never had breakfast the day we get off the ship, what time is the buffet open until?

Check you planner, you can still sit past serving time.

5- We always get the ultimate dining package and we are also booked on the same ship in October, how do we make reservations to Coastal Kitchen, is there a way to pre arrange using the planner, will it show up in the dining/my planner or does that have to be done on the ship?

Concierge should contact you. Be sure to book the nights you want through him. After all pinnacles (and suite guests) are supposed to have priority.

6- I realize that breakfast in Coastal Kitchen is not for JS guests, but I know a few people who said they were allowed to eat there, have any of you experienced this...it would be better for my father in law to eat breakfast in Coastal Kitchen due to him needing a walker to get around, a smaller place is best for him I think.

MDR will provide you with a nice breakfast experience every morning.

7- I am debating on bringing my body soap, what brand of toiletries do you get in the JS?

Depends on RCI, you should havevan upgraded toiletries, but as a D+ over 340 points, can’t get them unless in a suite.

8- Does anybody know whether cabins 7242 and 7244 are able to open the balcony doors so that we can use our own balconies and hang out together?

Answer above. If there was a fire wall, the divider can’t be opened.

Answer above. If there was a fire wall, the divider can’t be opened.

The concierge does not contact JS guests. Therefore you can’t use the concierge to make reservations ahead of time. That privilege is for GS and above. (Couldn’t quote your post as you typed your answers in the OO’s post)

The op is in a connecting cabin therefore no firewall.

I've read many discussions about making reservations in the Coastal Kitchen. So, adding another voice to the conversation ..... I will be in a junior suite at the end of April on the Anthem. Coastal Kitchen IS AVAILABLE to me in the cruise planner for dinner.

The concierge does not contact JS guests. Therefore you can’t use the concierge to make reservations ahead of time. That privilege is for GS and above. (Couldn’t quote your post as you typed your answers in the OO’s post)

The op is in a connecting cabin therefore no firewall.

...This was to explain why some cabins can open the balcony and others can’t.

Then the original poster needs to know to go up to Coastal Kitchen the first afternoon to request reservations. Just saying they don’t get that email was unhelpful. At least I tried to explain how it worked.

If in a JS I don’t bother with CK. as it was okay food but not great - my opinion and you may think the food is worth five stars.

I've read many discussions about making reservations in the Coastal Kitchen. So, adding another voice to the conversation ..... I will be in a junior suite at the end of April on the Anthem. Coastal Kitchen IS AVAILABLE to me in the cruise planner for dinner.

That may be an Anthem thing, because it was not available in my Cruise Planner for Oasis.

Then the original poster needs to know to go up to Coastal Kitchen the first afternoon to request reservations. Just saying they don’t get that email was unhelpful. At least I tried to explain how it worked.

If in a JS I don’t bother with CK. as it was okay food but not great - my opinion and you may think the food is worth five stars.

How was it unhelpful. You told them that the concierge should contact them and they don’t.

I had already mentioned in an earlier post that they needed to make reservations on board.

1- I do know if you have connecting rooms in regular staterooms you can hear noise next door, we had no choice but to get JS with connecting doors, will these rooms be just as noisy or are the walls built a little better? lol cabin type makes no difference.

2- I do know the balcony rooms do not get cool enough for me, usually the coolest they get is at 73/74, would we find the JS rooms to be cooler? Has anybody who had a JS experienced their room to be too warm even on the coolest setting/balcony door locked and curtains closed? again, cabin type has no bearing on it.

3- Is there any special disembarkation...do you go to a special place to get off the ship and do you get off the ship earlier than most people? not for junior suites

4- We never had breakfast the day we get off the ship, what time is the buffet open until? only open about 90 minutes.. no later than 730 and possibly even earlier depending on when the ship is due in to port

5- We always get the ultimate dining package and we are also booked on the same ship in October, how do we make reservations to Coastal Kitchen, is there a way to pre arrange using the planner, will it show up in the dining/my planner or does that have to be done on the ship? on the ship only and space A only for Junior suites.

6- I realize that breakfast in Coastal Kitchen is not for JS guests, but I know a few people who said they were allowed to eat there, have any of you experienced this...it would be better for my father in law to eat breakfast in Coastal Kitchen due to him needing a walker to get around, a smaller place is best for him I think. do not count on its being pemnritted.

the only real perk of a JS is the bigger cabin

Based on various discussions on other threads, this seems unique to Anthem (or Quantum class). I too was in a JS on Anthem earlier this year, and could reserve CK in my cruise planner for dinner. But this seems not to be the case on Oasis class (where those in junior suites have to knock on the door of CK to get in! ;p)

That may be an Anthem thing, because it was not available in my Cruise Planner for Oasis.

Or mine... leaving on a b2b on the Allure. Start out in a JS and the second leg is in a GS. Neither has CK available in my cruise planner but we’ve always had it available on the Anthem. As always, consistently inconsistent RCI.

I'm wondering if this inconsistency is because of the number of cabins in each category differs on each class of ship. If the number of Royal Suites is low, they may allow more of the JS access to CK. On a ship with a large number of suites, they may not have the capacity to even consider it without causing service issues with the suites.

I'm wondering if this inconsistency is because of the number of cabins in each category differs on each class of ship. If the number of Royal Suites is low, they may allow more of the JS access to CK. On a ship with a large number of suites, they may not have the capacity to even consider it without causing service issues with the suites.

That would be the logical conclusion however we are talking about Royal so you just never know.:D

Based on various discussions on other threads, this seems unique to Anthem (or Quantum class). I too was in a JS on Anthem earlier this year, and could reserve CK in my cruise planner for dinner. But this seems not to be the case on Oasis class (where those in junior suites have to knock on the door of CK to get in! ;p)

(as you know) While on the Anthem, EVERYONE has to be brought in and seated by the host/hostess. :)

Our JS on the Allure was usually too cool at night.

Our friend had a wheelchair and ate in the MDR every night. I don't think a walker in the MDR will be a problem for your relative. The wait staff know where to seat people who need assistance.

Also, don't expect to eat in CK every night. We could not get a reservation at CK on our last Allure cruise.

Thank you for your help, we purchased the Ultimate Dining Package so we don't have to worry about not getting reservations for dinner. The cruise with my father in law we have ultimate dining package I was hoping we can go for breakfast at CK instead of him being up in the windjammer with the huge crowd. So glad to hear your cabin was cool hoping mine be the same...it be nice getting a good nights sleep.