LIVE!!!!! From the REFLECTION TRANSATLANTIC - CHICAGOPAUL -

chicagopaul

Dear Paul & Edward,

welcome to Europe!

We following your posts since you left Ft. Lauderdale and we travel along with your path in our minds. We did the Eastern TA on the Reflection exactly 2 years ago and it was a fabulous cruise! We enjoyed the days at sea the most. It is just great to relax knowing that there is no early arrivals next days and it is all yours.

Very nice to read your views about the Petit Chef compared to Quisine. Think everyone should find out on his own what she/he likes and not to judge upfront. Sometimes it is time for a change and this is good. We like Sushi on Five and still so many miss Bistro on Five...

Our favourite is as yours the Lawn Club, Tuscan and we like the Luminae as well. Martini Bar never touched us too much. We like the World Class Bar and Lazar and Mixa are the best. Unfortunately both had been on their well deserved holiday while we had been on the ship in February.

On your cruise you will miss Villefranche at Côte d’Azur. This Port we loved the most of all on the TA itinerary.

So enjoy guys!!!

Udo + Bernd

+1 re Villefranche, beautiful restaurants, fascinating Chapel by Cocteau and all very walkable! BTW very interesting thread. Thanks for posting.

+1 re Villefranche, beautiful restaurants, fascinating Chapel by Cocteau and all very walkable! BTW very interesting thread. Thanks for posting.

+1 more for Villefranche but for different reasons [emoji846]

Last summer we stopped there on the Reflection. As we sailed into the bay I saw a path along the right hand shore about 20/30 meters above the water.

Takes a little perseverance to find the start (along the top of the bay, through very nice neighborhood, through a short alley) but it is an absolutely beautiful hike to Cap Ferrat (sp) with great views all the way to the end of the peninsula. It was a 6 mile hike round trip from the tender dock.

After that we had a fantastic view as we ate lunch in the Porch. One of our favorite days [emoji4]

Nigel

+1 more for Villefranche but for different reasons [emoji846]

Last summer we stopped there on the Reflection. As we sailed into the bay I saw a path along the right hand shore about 20/30 meters above the water.

Takes a little perseverance to find the start (along the top of the bay, through very nice neighborhood, through a short alley) but it is an absolutely beautiful hike to Cap Ferrat (sp) with great views all the way to the end of the peninsula. It was a 6 mile hike round trip from the tender dock.

After that we had a fantastic view as we ate lunch in the Porch. One of our favorite days [emoji4]

Nigel

So glad you had nice weather. The first couple of times our weather was great, but for our TA last year on Reflection, it poured like cats and dogs...

Good Evening Everyone. We had a wonderful dinner in a Murano tonight. We enjoyed the production show and I even snapped some photos for you of the show. Tomorrow is Malaga but we don’t dock until 11:30 so I’ll update you all on tonight’s activities from the pool bar in the morning.

Before I go to bed I just want to make one comment. Tonight Edward and I were sitting in the theater for the 7pm show and there was a man sitting in the row in front of me. He was probably in his late 60s or just over 70. He kept looking behind him, behind us up at the entrance to the theater with an anxious look on his face. Eventually after 5 minutes the woman he was waiting for showed up and he looked like a kid in a candy store. I couldn’t help but notice they looked as if they were on their first date. I suppose that literally could be the case haha, but I’d assume they’ve been together for more than a week. Anyway, between seeing how happy they were and watching a show which I very much enjoyed, I couldn’t help but be overwhelmed with a simple sense of contentment. At this point, at the beginning of the show, I looked at Edward, I looked at the couple in front of us, I looked at the gorgeous cast (they’ve really been recruiting ridiculously good looking dancers and singers!), and I looked at the beautiful room around me and I simply thought ‘there is no where else I’d rather be right now.’ We all have these thoughts from time to time but this evening it hit me in a way I can’t explain. I keep thinking about the smile of the man in front of me when he saw his wife, girlfriend, mistress or whatever haha, and there was something about it that just cleared my mind and made me appreciate everything around me.

If you’re still reading this thank you for bearing with me. I just wanted to share that with you all because it is random moments like that which is why I love traveling and it is moments like that which make me fall in love with life all over again.

Ok so sappy talk is over. I’ll check in with you from the pool bar in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul, did I see early on in the thread that you purchased a Premium Drink Pkg for this cruise? Did you buy it before you left and were other packages for sale? I didn't think you could buy drink pkgs for TAs?

We did buy it. We purchased the premium. You can buy them for TAs but they don’t offer them as “perks” included in the price. We pre purchased it and Celebrity actually ran a special for 20% off prepaid beverage and dining packages. They’ve also been selling them on the ship too.

I keep thinking about the smile of the man in front of me when he saw his wife, girlfriend, mistress or whatever haha, and there was something about it that just cleared my mind and made me appreciate everything around me.

Great post. Thank you. :)

Good Evening Everyone. We had a wonderful dinner in a Murano tonight. We enjoyed the production show and I even snapped some photos for you of the show. Tomorrow is Malaga but we don’t dock until 11:30 so I’ll update you all on tonight’s activities from the pool bar in the morning.

Before I go to bed I just want to make one comment. Tonight Edward and I were sitting in the theater for the 7pm show and there was a man sitting in the row in front of me. He was probably in his late 60s or just over 70. He kept looking behind him, behind us up at the entrance to the theater with an anxious look on his face. Eventually after 5 minutes the woman he was waiting for showed up and he looked like a kid in a candy store. I couldn’t help but notice they looked as if they were on their first date. I suppose that literally could be the case haha, but I’d assume they’ve been together for more than a week. Anyway, between seeing how happy they were and watching a show which I very much enjoyed, I couldn’t help but be overwhelmed with a simple sense of contentment. At this point, at the beginning of the show, I looked at Edward, I looked at the couple in front of us, I looked at the gorgeous cast (they’ve really been recruiting ridiculously good looking dancers and singers!), and I looked at the beautiful room around me and I simply thought ‘there is no where else I’d rather be right now.’ We all have these thoughts from time to time but this evening it hit me in a way I can’t explain. I keep thinking about the smile of the man in front of me when he saw his wife, girlfriend, mistress or whatever haha, and there was something about it that just cleared my mind and made me appreciate everything around me.

If you’re still reading this thank you for bearing with me. I just wanted to share that with you all because it is random moments like that which is why I love traveling and it is moments like that which make me fall in love with life all over again.

Ok so sappy talk is over. I’ll check in with you from the pool bar in the morning.

What a perfect time I picked to find this thread and say hello to you both again!

Your thoughts and sentiments truly touched me because I also have had my own sappy moments that make life so worth living and enjoy every bit of it you can!

You two meet SO MANY people and I sure don’t expect you to remember me of the hundreds of martini bar residents! But when we met, shared stories, and people watched, I also had the pleasure of knowing the perfect bar tender mix beginning with Patu, Adrian, Kadek, Charul, Boon...

and you may recall being in Murano on a packed evening with lobster murano and my joking about my fire hazard hair spray! LOL

LOVE your reviews, and so appreciate the time you take to answer questions and advise all those in need of planning information! Myself included.

But these sappy wonderful thoughts you just shared is such a BIG part of the cruising, and a much better way to enjoy the treasures in our life.

Thanks SO MUCH! Talk to you again soon!

Debra

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We all have these thoughts from time to time but this evening it hit me in a way I can’t explain. I keep thinking about the smile of the man in front of me when he saw his wife, girlfriend, mistress or whatever haha, and there was something about it that just cleared my mind and made me appreciate everything around me.

Well said! A good reminder that we need to stop and smell the roses sometimes (or in our case, the sea air) and realize how fortunate we are to be able to travel :hearteyes:

<<<If you’re still reading this thank you for bearing with me. I just wanted to share that with you all because it is random moments like that which is why I love traveling and it is moments like that which make me fall in love with life all over again. >>>

You are wise beyond your years; thanks for sharing.

Paul, just read through 15 pages of one fantastic blog. We have a group scheduled to do the Caribbean in February 2019 on the Reflection and we will be so much more prepared for what to expect due to all the information you are providing. Thanks so much for providing us with your experiences.

Pardon my mush. That could have been my husband...lucky me. I've been following, Paul, and enjoying. I'm happy for your happiness. It shines through your writing.

No, not a sappy post Paul, a wonderful one. You know what? You could have been criticizing a "seat saver" in front of you or a show that was not to your liking or any one of many things. Instead you were thrilled with the rapture on the gentleman's face when he saw his partner come to join him , the show, the beautiful singers and dancers and just the privilege of being on a cruise. We all need to take time to enjoy the beautiful things in life. Thank you for sharing this with us.

PS. I wish we had been the couple in front of you!:) We're still on our first date after 50 years! Now, I'm being the sappy one.

Love the sappy sentiments. We have to embrace these moments, file them in our memory banks and reflect on them as often as possible. Thanks for sharing your feelings in such raw yet eloquent terms.

This made my night, thank you for sharing!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thank you everyone for reading and enjoying my “moment” yesterday. I’m glad that it can bring you all just as much enjoyment as it did me.

So I just sat down at the pool bar and guess what? I forgot to take photos of the Daily! Edward is slowly getting ready so I just text him to take photos. Hopefully he does. Otherwise I’ll have them for you in a few hours.

Today is Malaga. We dock at 11:30am. It is 9:30 now. We plan to get off right around Noon and take the 10 minute shuttle bus to town so we can get lunch. The weather today is perfect. 75. Sunny. Right now there is some fog which is really making everything seem incredibly peaceful.

Yesterday Edward was not feeling well during the day. Exhaustion and a perpetual week plus hangover finally caught up with him. He slept while I hit the pool bar in the morning. It was a cool morning so I had on a light sweater but later changed to a polo as the day started to warm up.

For lunch we decided to order room service. Edward just ordered some chicken soup and rice and I ordered a Cesar salad and a turkey club. The room service took an hour to arrive which wasn’t ideal but oh well. The food was very good. The few times we’ve ordered room service I’ve been quite happy with food quality.

Before dinner we went to the Martini Bar per the usual and then saw the production show Elysium. I’ve seen this show plenty of times before but it’s been a couple cruises so I went to see it again. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I think they made some changes since I saw it last. I’m not a broadway critic so I can’t comment on the choreography or the vocal pitch of each singer. All I can say is it appeared the entire cast was enjoying themselves. I loved their voices. The costume design was beautiful. They were all beautiful. And all of them were performing way better than I could ever do.

After the show we went to Ensemble for a glass of wine while we waited for our 8:30 Murano reservations. We made a couple new friends and chatted. Dinner in Murano was great. We started with a cheese plate which I didn’t photograph in time! I love their cheeses. There is only one I do not like. I’m not sure the name but it is a very musty taste and almost reminds me of a corked bottle of wine. There is another one which I had to learn to like but now I’m in love. I’m not too eloquent at describing cheese so pardon my brash words but I’d describe it as tasting like the smell of paint thinner and is extremely soft and “runny” in texture. Very odd I know but it’s a new favorite of mine.

After the cheese had my crab parfait. We then both had the steak Diane. I never like anything on my steaks with the exception of the steak Diane in Murano. I ate every last bite as did Edward. Fantastic job on their steak Diane as always. For those who do not know it’s not on the menu but if you give them a days notice they can prepare it for you.

0da1b7ba562404fd786da958be59a565.jpg

e8e94b8175f5da480e5c4d24d09d3449.jpg

d54b31556563c718256cdaf77431ccef.jpg

40e528a7800bc28d6e6bd358afd10bf9.jpg

9c83da4f0fe850ada5f926c4d1f28532.jpg

3d355ed62dafe413c6cbfe0acdf25973.jpg

Edward’s African Solstice tea.

Thank you so much for the review. Really looking forward to our cruise. Is it possible for you sneak a few photos of the gym on the reflection?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No problem. I will add it to my list.

Your post of your experience in the theater last night really touched my heart. :hearteyes: You sound like a very special young man and I'll bet Edward knows that. See you both on Friday!

Becky

PS...It looks like Spring is trying to arrive in Chicago...first weekend without any snow or sleet in the past 4 or 5 (way too many)