Found jewelry ~ vision of seas!

We always turn found stuff in to guest services. We don't wish to be responsible for items that others have lost.

And we have found lots of stuff. Some items include, large packet of Traveler's checks, camera, single earrings, necklace, cell phone, and a bathing suit, t-shirt and cigarettes folded together.

The clothing packet was funny. We were sitting with "Mike" at a bar and quite some time after he left we noticed his stuff on the floor in front of his bar stool. Bartender didn't want it, so we told him that we would drop it off at guest services. We told GS that his name was 'Mike".

We ran into him at the airport and asked if he had received his items back?

He said, "I did! You guys rock! I even got my smokes back. Thanks!"

And from the loss side. I guess I dropped a credit card somewhere onboard (probably when I was getting my Seapass out) We were re-boarding the ship after a port, and the scanner made that horrible scary noise instead of a pleasant bing.

Security said that I needed to go to guest services, and someone had been nice enough to turn it in. And I didn't even know that I had lost it.

I think the posts on here from people that say they are trying to find the owner of lost property are kind of a lost cause. I'm not sure what their motivation is. Folks that have lost something are going to contact the cruise line to try to locate it. I think that passengers who take lost items home are doing a disservice to the owner or trying to appease their own conscience about taking/keeping the item?

Thanks to everyone for kind/positive messages. Negative messages - ignored. Have several other places posted to find OWNER....not only here! Due to personal experience of not recovering my OWN lost items aboard ship....doing it this way. Will update when true OWNER is found! Thanks everyone & have great day!

Like where? Your local Craigs List?

Certainly not on the roll call for the ship

My opinion would be to return the items to Royal. I've worked lost and found for a hospitality company, and people looking for their items would call us. They weren't checking random internet message boards for their stuff.

But barring that, I would at least post room number and sailing date as it'll help stand out for anyone who lost the jewelry.

Thanks to everyone for kind/positive messages. Negative messages - ignored. Have several other places posted to find OWNER....not only here! Due to personal experience of not recovering my OWN lost items aboard ship....doing it this way. Will update when true OWNER is found! Thanks everyone & have great day!

Resaons for people not getting their lost items back:

a) Item was never found

b) Item was found but not turned in by the finder because....

- Finder took it to keep it

- Finder took it to pretend to find the owner themselves and to finally keep it, saying oh well I tried:halo: and make themselves look good about their wrong doings.

Just so you know, every ship has a log in book for lost and found that are turned into GS. When a cruiser calls Royal because they lost something, Royal calls the ship, the ship looks in the book, if it's not there that's it.

Just so you know, every ship has a log in book for lost and found that are turned into GS. When a cruiser calls Royal because they lost something, Royal calls the ship, the ship looks in the book, if it's not there that's it.

I wonder if Royal also logs missing items. When I've done lost and found in the past, my company logged any calls from people looking for stuff- so if the item does turn up later, it's possible to get it back to the seeker.

Oh no...not another lost and found thread. Everybody save themselves some time and read the endless pages of the found men’s wedding band in the safe thread from about a month ago.

Good luck OP...be prepared for all the people who know everything out there to label you the worst person ever...everybody will assume you have the worst intentions...and there is a lawyer here who will start citing laws and link to past cases and start throwing out fines and jail time numbers...such a warm and welcoming community at times.

I say good luck in your search for the owner. Contact RCCI, try social media and roll calls, and with any luck you will connect with the owner. You’re doing the right thing.

Welcome to Cruise Critic OP.

We all know you think you are trying to do the right thing, but as others have pointed out...it is a very rare chance that the owner is a member of CC or even more rare...would even find your post.

The logical thing to do is to turn it in to Guest Services. That is where I would first check should I lose something on a ship. Once identified, RCI can mail it to rightful owners.

Check another thread on here as someone found a cell phone left behind. Same advice.

Edited by island lady

Oh no...not another lost and found thread. Everybody save themselves some time and read the endless pages of the found men’s wedding band in the safe thread from about a month ago.

Good luck OP...be prepared for all the people who know everything out there to label you the worst person ever...everybody will assume you have the worst intentions...and there is a lawyer here who will start citing laws and link to past cases and start throwing out fines and jail time numbers...such a warm and welcoming community at times.

I say good luck in your search for the owner. Contact RCCI, try social media and roll calls, and with any luck you will connect with the owner. You’re doing the right thing.

Wrong!!!!

Lets hope the person that lost the item is on CC and sees this thread. Do you know the chances of that happening are? Everywhere else the OP could have posted about it? I haven't seen anything else. Less likely.

Where would your first call be to find a lost item?

Wrong!!!!

Lets hope the person that lost the item is on CC and sees this thread. Do you know the chances of that happening are? Everywhere else the OP could have posted about it? I haven't seen anything else. Less likely.

Where would your first call be to find a lost item?

This horse has been beat to death in said previous thread...no need to rehash the same arguments.

And there are gullible souls who truly believe ...

Do you really think Royal Caribbean employees would actually tell a passenger to take someone else’s jewelry off the ship and try to find the real owner by posting on a message board?

Can you imagine the legal quandary that creates for Royal Caribbean?

And there are gullible souls who truly believe ...

Do you really think Royal Caribbean employees would actually tell a passenger to take someone else’s jewelry off the ship and try to find the real owner by posting on a message board?

Can you imagine the legal quandary that creates for Royal Caribbean?

From my experience of losing an item on a cruise ship. I truly believe I would have a better chance of getting it back from someone who removed it from the ship and tried to find the owners by any other means than turning it in to the ships lost and found. I’m sorry but if it has any value...It will never be seen again from the ship’s lost and found

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

From my experience of losing an item on a cruise ship. I truly believe I would have a better chance of getting it back from someone who removed it from the ship and tried to find the owners by any other means than turning it in to the ships lost and found. I’m sorry but if it has any value...It will never be seen again from the ship’s lost and found

Regardless of your experience, I doubt that Royal Caribbean personnel as so poorly trained that the violate company policy and applicable law.

If you lose an item on the ship and it is never found, that's your tough luck.

If you leave an item on the ship, and Royal Caribbean allows another guest to remove that item from Royal Caribbean's custody and control, the company faces legal liability for your property.

My husband wallet fall out of his pants in the Windjammer... a couple told us that some lady found it and was bringing it to guest service.. went to guest service and yes the wallet was there with all the money, cc and etc.

We try to give the lady a reward and she said "no" I believe in krama.

Because someone decided to be their own lost and found maybe?

When you lost (a couple) things on board, where was you first phone call?

Exactly. I thought I left something in our room our last cruise. I contacted RCI Lost and Found immediately. Never in a million years did it cross my mind to check Cruise Critic and I've been reading here regularly for over 10 years.

You knock Royal Caribbean's lost and found dept. Someone would have to turn it in for it to be returned. Do you know that it was and you didn't get it back? Otherwise you have no standing