Oasis-motion

The width of the Oasis class make them the most stable ships to sail on. There is always a chance that seas could be really bad and you will feel some motion, but in general you are not going to feel near as much motion as on any of the smaller ships (Freedom included). When we sailed Oasis it was often hard to even feel that we were moving.

The bigger the better for feeling less motion. We were on oasis last year and one of the nights there was a strong cross wind and yes we could feel it rolling side to side but just slightly. We don’t get seasick so it didn’t bother us. Definitely have felt the wind more on ships smaller than oasis.

The width of the Oasis class make them the most stable ships to sail on. There is always a chance that seas could be really bad and you will feel some motion, but in general you are not going to feel near as much motion as on any of the smaller ships (Freedom included). When we sailed Oasis it was often hard to even feel that we were moving.

This isn’t true. Oasis actually moves more than freedom class. Ask one of the captains. The design of the ship makes them less stable than freedom. With that said it isn’t going to move much unless there is bad weather. I’ve been on 10+ oasis class including a transatlantic and a similar amount on freedom class including 2 transatlantic cruises. Bigger isn’t always better.

How would that be?:confused:

ANY supporting evidence to that?:rolleyes:

The Captain of the Oasis (William Wright) on her maiden voyage made this claim primarily due to the size of her beam and you can challenge him if you wish.

We were on Oasis in January, we had rough seas, and my husband who does get seasick was bed-ridden the first day. He had on his wrist bands from the time we left the hotel and also used bonnine but to no avail). He finally went to the acupuncturist in the spa for sea sickness treatment and it really did make a difference. He had 4 sessions all together; it was of course, expensive, but worth it. One of our traveling companions who rarely gets sick was ill as well. She also got relief from acupuncture.

I will say on night two in the club with the live band we were rocking tremendously while trying to dance and practically falling down. I don't get sick so didn't mind. I didn't find with rough seas to feel any less motion and this was my first time on a mega ship. I don't want to frighten you but want you to know you can still get sick on a large ship.

The Captain of the Oasis (William Wright) on her maiden voyage made this claim primarily due to the size of her beam and you can challenge him if you wish.

I believe the our resident Chief Engineer commented once that the ratio of length to beam has an effect on stability. Long, skinny ships (like Radiance class) tend to have more motion.

That’s very different than what I have heard. Talk to many employees who spent a long time on both classes and all said oasis class moves more.

Your reference is one of the first voyages for oasis. The answer might be different now after actual conditions vs computer simulations. I’ve seen stuff about how oasis reacted different than expect once she was sailing. Plus I’ve experienced both ships a lot. It has to do with her height and design as I recall.

Anyone who thinks oasis is going to be much smoother than freedom class is just being silly. In bad weather both will move and in the Caribbean in good weather you will hardly feel either.

I am glad to read some of these comments. I have said many times that our cruise on Oasis was by far the roughest ride we have had. The first 3 days were very rough. Crew members were sick as well as many passengers. After 3 days the seas calmed down and the ride was very smooth. If the seas/weather is bad enough even the biggest ships can be rough.

I tend to get very motion sick so I use the patches. When my husband and I sailed on Oasis (and then Allure) the weather was a little rough and the waves were kicking up enough that the captain made an announcement about it. I was sick that day and went to bed early but just before doing so I felt behi9nd my ear and the patch was gone! I found it on the shower floor. i had apparently lost it with that morning's shower and did not realize it. I put on a fresh patch and was fine the next day and the rest of the cruise. I think that if I had my patch on I would have been fine, even with the slight motion. Last fall we sailed on a smaller ship on another line and it was all I could do to walk a straight line at times due to the motion. I did fell some slight nausea at the end of most days but I was okay. My advice, take Dramamine or Bonine or whatever helps you and consider getting the patches. I had no problems on our Allure sailing he next year.

I was recently on the Allure and have never been on a ship were I felt so much motion. Of course it as the weather. As with everywhere else in the world, the weather has been unpredictable and the high winds we experienced were definitely felt. I couldn't even walk in a straight line. Luckily I don't get sick.

Ya'll are making me nervous🤨

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Don't be nervous, just be prepared. As motion sick as I get I am not nervous at all cruising because I know I can fix the problem if it happens. My main goal is to keep from getting that way to begin with so I put on a patch the day before we leave and change it out as directed. I also bring ginger candy and phenergan. No problems normally (aside form losing a a patch that one time:rolleyes:).

We were deck 11 midship on Oasis a few weeks ago. We felt slight motion when the ship was going full speed ( more of a slight back and forth movement), but nothing that would cause seasickness.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were deck 11 midship on Oasis a few weeks ago. We felt slight motion when the ship was going full speed ( more of a slight back and forth movement), but nothing that would cause seasickness.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much... we are deck 10 midship

On our first night on Oasis I felt the movement; was OK after that if I recall.

Ya'll are making me nervous🤨

Why? Just hope for the best, try not to overthink it, and take something along to help combat nausea if you feel ill. This can be a OTC medication, wrist bands, a patch (prescription), or using ginger or green apples. Why would you let others' experience dictate what may or may not happen to you? Relax and enjoy your cruise. :)

On our first night on Oasis I felt the movement; was OK after that if I recall.

Why? Just hope for the best, try not to overthink it, and take something along to help combat nausea if you feel ill. This can be a OTC medication, wrist bands, a patch (prescription), or using ginger or green apples. Why would you let others' experience dictate what may or may not happen to you? Relax and enjoy your cruise. :)

You are right. I plan to have a fabulous time!