A Positive Booking Experience

So we're taking the granddaughters on a Western Caribbean on AOS for April, 2020. I know that seems a long way off but we needed connecting rooms and there just aren't many we liked.

So we start booking online. We select 2 cabins but then can't get past that and, worse yet, can't select the cabins we hoped for. Given the history of the RCL and X websites we decided not to swim upstream and just called the Vacation Planner number.

We worked with a very personable, professional agent. She pulled up our C&A numbers and the cruise we wanted. We initially wanted deck 7 but those connecting cabins were considered "increased capacity" - meaning they had a pulldown bunk and were a few hundred dollars more pp. She didn't have to point that out but her doing so prompted us to move up to deck 8 and save $$ we didn't need to spend.

Within 5 minutes of completing the booking we received the email confirmations with invoices for each cabin. These are the best, most detailed invoices we have ever gotten from any cruise line. They even link the booking numbers for each cabin.

All in all this was a very efficient and professional experience.

Totally agree. When I can't accomplish something on the website for desired booking...I call the CS line.

The day the 2020 cruises for Vision out of PR came up, it showed a favorite corner aft JS was not available. I knew that was not the truth, as unfortunately common for RCI website to block out cabins sometimes. :mad: The phone call confirmed that cabin was indeed available and booked our B2B in that same cabin.

I have always had good luck with the helpful staff at CS on the phone. :)

So we're taking the granddaughters on a Western Caribbean on AOS for April, 2020. I know that seems a long way off but we needed connecting rooms and there just aren't many we liked.

So we start booking online. We select 2 cabins but then can't get past that and, worse yet, can't select the cabins we hoped for. Given the history of the RCL and X websites we decided not to swim upstream and just called the Vacation Planner number.

We worked with a very personable, professional agent. She pulled up our C&A numbers and the cruise we wanted. We initially wanted deck 7 but those connecting cabins were considered "increased capacity" - meaning they had a pulldown bunk and were a few hundred dollars more pp. She didn't have to point that out but her doing so prompted us to move up to deck 8 and save $$ we didn't need to spend.

Within 5 minutes of completing the booking we received the email confirmations with invoices for each cabin. These are the best, most detailed invoices we have ever gotten from any cruise line. They even link the booking numbers for each cabin.

All in all this was a very efficient and professional experience.

Now that your booking is complete and have cabin numbers you have 60 days to transfer your booking to a travel agent. With two cabins you should be able to get close to $500.00 in perks.

Agree. Glad you called and all worked out for you... Been using same Royal Vacation Planner for over 4+ yrs, 40 cruises, never had issues. Text him and he takes care any my issues that come up within couple hrs, even the cruises he didn't reserve...

Agree. Glad you called and all worked out for you... Been using same Royal Vacation Planner for over 4+ yrs, 40 cruises, never had issues. Text him and he takes care any my issues that come up within couple hrs, even the cruises he didn't reserve...

How do you feel about the TA transfer concept? Frankly, I'm not seeing much benefit.

The website is controlled and designed by a group of IT demons and trolls.

:eek::eek::evilsmile:;)

Ha ha how true! I've also had great experiences with the CVPs. Whenever I've had issues they've always been able to resolve them quickly and pleasantly.

Ha ha how true! I've also had great experiences with the CVPs. Whenever I've had issues they've always been able to resolve them quickly and pleasantly.

Yeah, each time they make an "improvement" on the website...it gets worse and worse. :(

Now that your booking is complete and have cabin numbers you have 60 days to transfer your booking to a travel agent. With two cabins you should be able to get close to $500.00 in perks.

How do you go about finding travel agencies that offer these kind of perks?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums