Oasis Sofa Bed Question

Hello All,

We jumped at the opportunity to book a cruise on the Oasis for next winter during a kids sail free event. We booked a Guarantee Interior at an astoundingly cheap rate. There will be four of us, two adults and our two boys (ages 5 & 9 during the cruise). We just were assigned a room and we are happy with it (we would be happy with anything, hence the guarantee). It is Room 9436. I looked it up on the deck plans and see that it is sofa bed.

Does anyone have experience with either sleeping on the sofa bed themselves or their kids sharing? I'm wondering if my husband and I should share the sofa bed and have the big bed turned into two singles. The thought of sleeping on a sofa bed doesn't thrill me but neither does waking up all night because my kids are kicking each other out of bed.

I have heard that in some cases the sofa bed is actually a trundle bed. Can anyone confirm or deny this on the Oasis?

Just trying to make the best "plan". Although maybe the best plan is to play "bed change" every night and take turns sleeping on the sofa bed. I appreciate any insight you may have. TIA!

No way I would sleep on the sofabed. Just ask the cabin steward to create a bumper down the middle of the sofabed by putting a rolled up blanket under the bottom sheet. You could also have the kids sleep with their heads at different ends of the bed. Talk to the cabin steward, they know all the tricks to make it work.

They’re kids. You’re paying for the cruise. Tell them to suck it up and sleep peacefully together or take turns sleeping on the floor. Was going to suggest a pool noodle between them but the rolled up blanket will be fine.

Thanks everyone. I will definitely have the kids share. I think we are just going to have to practice some beforehand. I appreciate the youtube link. That gives me a better idea and I will show the boys before we go so they can see it and to tell them they have to stay on their "side".

Our kids shared a sofa bed on Oasis when they were 9 and 11. It was fine for them. Just so you know they make the bed so that you lay parallel to the back of the sofa, not perpendicular.

Parents should definitely enjoy the 'king' bed!

No way I would sleep on the sofabed. Just ask the cabin steward to create a bumper down the middle of the sofabed by putting a rolled up blanket under the bottom sheet. You could also have the kids sleep with their heads at different ends of the bed. Talk to the cabin steward, they know all the tricks to make it work.

I am I the only one, who instantly envisioned ... one kid kicking the other in the head ... I think the bumper sounds like a great idea