Cheers Question

BonusMom

We are going on the Conquest in less then two weeks. My husband mentioned (last night - ugh - we've been booked for 20 months!!) maybe we need Cheers. I'm torn as I'm not sure we drink enough. We are booked in two separate rooms, currently, myself and our 6 year old in one room, and my husband and 18 year old in the other room. We had decided that once we get on ship, we are going to switch my daughter and husband's rooms so their sign and sail card work for the room they will actually be sleeping in.

If we buy Cheers for my husband pre-cruise, we will only have to pay for one person. If we get on ship and switch his room, we will have to buy it for me at that time?

We are going on the Conquest in less then two weeks. My husband mentioned (last night - ugh - we've been booked for 20 months!!) maybe we need Cheers. I'm torn as I'm not sure we drink enough. We are booked in two separate rooms, currently, myself and our 6 year old in one room, and my husband and 18 year old in the other room. We had decided that once we get on ship, we are going to switch my daughter and husband's rooms so their sign and sail card work for the room they will actually be sleeping in.

If we buy Cheers for my husband pre-cruise, we will only have to pay for one person. If we get on ship and switch his room, we will have to buy it for me at that time?

There’s no need to officially change rooms. Just get an extra key card from guest services for each room. Have done that twice now in your exact situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There’s no need to officially change rooms. Just get an extra key card from guest services for each room. Have done that twice now in your exact situation.

Right, just get extra keys cards.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

Having the rooms booked how you currently have them is a great way to get past the all passangers over 21 in the same room must purchase rule, especially when you are not sure you will drink enough to justify the cost of Cheers. I would pre-purchase your husbands package online so you save $5 per day, and then when you board the ship I would go to guest services and request an extra key to each room that way your daughter and husband can get into the room they will really be staying in. I wouldn't officially change the guests in the computer because this may trigger something that would make both adults have to buy cheers then.

Having the rooms booked how you currently have them is a great way to get past the all passangers over 21 in the same room must purchase rule, especially when you are not sure you will drink enough to justify the cost of Cheers. I would pre-purchase your husbands package online so you save $5 per day, and then when you board the ship I would go to guest services and request an extra key to each room that way your daughter and husband can get into the room they will really be staying in. I wouldn't officially change the guests in the computer because this may trigger something that would make both adults have to buy cheers then.

Great advice

I think it is worth It to buy the package and not worry. But the question are:

1) Are the non alcoholic drinks unlimited? and do they include the "good" coffee drinks from the coffee shop?

2) What happens when in 15 hours consumed 15 drinks and want another one? Can you buy?

THANKS

I think it is worth It to buy the package and not worry. But the question are:

1) Are the non alcoholic drinks unlimited? and do they include the "good" coffee drinks from the coffee shop?

2) What happens when in 15 hours consumed 15 drinks and want another one? Can you buy?

THANKS

Yes. Coffee drinks (“good” coffee drinks) are included.

No. Once you hit 15, you are out of options. At 13 or 14, though, you can “buy a round for friends” that will not count against your total. (But will cost extra). Get to know your bartenders and listen. “you are at 13” is them telling you it’s time to get creative.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Now I'm going to be "that person" - I know that sharing is not allowed. But honestly, how often is the package taken away from someone? I mean, if my husband gets our 6 year old the occasional milkshake or virgin drink (and I mean occasional, not regular), is he going to lose his package?

Now I'm going to be "that person" - I know that sharing is not allowed. But honestly, how often is the package taken away from someone? I mean, if my husband gets our 6 year old the occasional milkshake or virgin drink (and I mean occasional, not regular), is he going to lose his package?

I was wondering the same thing. We got 1 rooms so he is getting Cheers and I am not. But I'll be on the cruise over my 40th birthday and thought of maybe getting a glass of Champaign that night.

If you're wondering if you will drink enough, I have a drink calculator on my website that will tell you if Cheers is worth it for you or not.

http://www.love2cruise.org/drink-packages/

Very nice calculator! Based on what would likely be a max day for me (6 alcohol based, 1 virgin) I'm right at the edge, but knowing that port days I wouldn't have as much it confirms that a la carte is the wiser choice for me.

Also excluded (unless I missed it) are "shareable drinks" like fish bowls and beer tubes or samplers like Alchemy martinis or RFP rums.

I was wondering the same thing. We got 1 rooms so he is getting Cheers and I am not. But I'll be on the cruise over my 40th birthday and thought of maybe getting a glass of Champaign that night.

Just pay for the glass on you cruise card

From what I understand, as long as you're not obvious about it (ordering a shake and immediately turning and handing it to your child), you should be okay. Just leave the counter and walk away from the area a bit before giving it to them. The 5 minute rule between Cheers orders still applies, regardless of whether it's alcohol, bottled water, shake, coffee, etc.

Very nice calculator! Based on what would likely be a max day for me (6 alcohol based, 1 virgin) I'm right at the edge, but knowing that port days I wouldn't have as much it confirms that a la carte is the wiser choice for me.

Also excluded (unless I missed it) are "shareable drinks" like fish bowls and beer tubes or samplers like Alchemy martinis or RFP rums.

You mentioned Alchemy Bar, so all you need to do is drink 4 drinks there plus a bunch of unlimited non alcoholic stuff and you're ahead of the game. The unlimited stuff is hot and cold espresso based coffee drinks, bottled water, sparkling bottled water, vitamin water, bottled iced tea, energy drinks, canned soda, powerade and milkshakes. And on port days you're back on board at 400 and if you go to bed at 12, that gives you 8 hours to drink those four drinks at the Alchemy Bar, plus you can add a little Baileys or Kahlua or Amaretto to your coffee as well.

I will be cruising Carnival Elation in July. It will be my first time ever on Carnival. Question about the drink situation. If an individual does NOT have the Cheers package are they allowed to purchase more then 15 drinks in a day? Or is 15 the drink limit for all passengers on board regardless of whether or not they have the Cheers package?

I will be cruising Carnival Elation in July. It will be my first time ever on Carnival. Question about the drink situation. If an individual does NOT have the Cheers package are they allowed to purchase more then 15 drinks in a day? Or is 15 the drink limit for all passengers on board regardless of whether or not they have the Cheers package?

As far as I know, the 15 limit is only for Cheers. If you are visibly intoxicated the bar staff are not supposed to serve you regardless of what program you have (so Cheers could be cut off at 12 drinks if you did shots for an hour;))

You mentioned Alchemy Bar, so all you need to do is drink 4 drinks there plus a bunch of unlimited non alcoholic stuff and you're ahead of the game. The unlimited stuff is hot and cold espresso based coffee drinks, bottled water, sparkling bottled water, vitamin water, bottled iced tea, energy drinks, canned soda, powerade and milkshakes. And on port days you're back on board at 400 and if you go to bed at 12, that gives you 8 hours to drink those four drinks at the Alchemy Bar, plus you can add a little Baileys or Kahlua or Amaretto to your coffee as well.

I mentioned the samplers and shareable drinks because they weren't previously mentioned and some on our last cruise were disappointed they couldn't use Cheers for these. It is certainly reasonable to purchase 4 individual drinks rather than the sampler, but the sampler is nice for those who don't want to waste drinks but still want to try a little of everything.

If I opted to do all the samplers I was interested in the same day, that would be at least 12 of the 15 drinks and more than I would want (4 martinis, 4 light rum, 4 dark rum).

I prefer drinking water or flavored water (tap is plentiful and fine for me), I don't drink coffee, the ship doesn't carry the soft drinks I prefer, and I don't want to waste my calories on the other drinks when I already know I'm likely to over indulge on food (and some alcohol).

We all have different drinking habits. For some Cheers is a fantastic deal, for others it makes no sense at all, and still others are somewhere in the middle;)

Why not just buy the drinks for your child? Staying away from the moral issue because you clearly get that part, the reality is the more that people do this, the more that the cost of the program is going to increase. Carnival monitors everything that is purchased on each card, and if they aren't making their profit margin, they will simply raise the cost of the program or eliminate it. It hurts you and everyone else in the long run.

What is far easier and more honest than trying to ‘sneak’ drinks to your kids, is to walk up and tell the bartender that you want a virgin drink for your kid and give them your card. From reports on here, more often than not, the bartender will charge it under cheers and it will be free anyway. But then at least you don’t have to feel dishonest doing that.

From what I understand, as long as you're not obvious about it (ordering a shake and immediately turning and handing it to your child), you should be okay. Just leave the counter and walk away from the area a bit before giving it to them. The 5 minute rule between Cheers orders still applies, regardless of whether it's alcohol, bottled water, shake, coffee, etc.

You can actually order an alcoholic drink and a non-alcoholic drink at the same time. I ordered a Long Island, but I also wanted a Coke. I asked if I had to wait 5 minutes for my Coke and was told I could order one alcohol and one non-alcoholic together.