Can I fire my travel agent?

Sophie&Rufus

Years ago my then TA really upset me with additional charges for altering our reservation. So I called Princess and was told to send them a letter requesting the reservation be moved back to Princess with all the information. I did and they took the reservations (there were more than 1) back from the TA as soon as they received the authorization letter from me. The TA was not happy when the reservations were pulled back but I reminded him of his extra charges. It was so easy.

I had protested when he charged me the extra fees. He just blew me off literally saying he had to make money. At that point I was booking several reservations/year with him so he lost a good customer for a measly $25. It was then I decided to move the reservations back to Princess.

Edited by satxdiver

If someone books a cruise directly with Princess when there is a promotion being offered such as Sip + Sail and later wants to transfer to a TA when the promotion is no longer being offered then do you loose that promotion?

In other words, can you loose by waiting to transfer the booking to a TA?

When you transfer from Princess to a TA, the price booked at and any promo items go with the booking.

If I do the booking myself with Princess is there any disadvantage in waiting to transfer that booking to the TA till just prior to final payment?

Edited by MTNestr

When you transfer from Princess to a TA, the price booked at and any promo items go with the booking.

I’ve been able to transfer a booking without any issues and kept my promo plus gotten a discount.

If I do the booking myself with Princess is there any disadvantage in waiting to transfer that booking to the TA till just prior to final payment?

The only disadvantage is that your TA may have had "group" space for your cruise which would have allowed the TA to offer a bigger discount. But if all the "group" space has been allocated by the time you make the transfer, then the TA cannot give you that bigger discount.

Isn't Princess like Royal Caribbean as far as transfering reservations?

On Royal I believe you only have 60 days from when you first make the reservation to transfer it to a travel agency for added perks and such.

No way would they allow you to transfer it right before final payment if that date is more then 60 days out?

Am I understanding this right as to what you do or am I missing something somewhere with this issue?

Jimbo:)

Isn't Princess like Royal Caribbean as far as transfering reservations?

On Royal I believe you only have 60 days from when you first make the reservation to transfer it to a travel agency for added perks and such.

No way would they allow you to transfer it right before final payment if that date is more then 60 days out?

Am I understanding this right as to what you do or am I missing something somewhere with this issue?

Jimbo:)

Princess is more liberal than RCCL in that as long as it is before final payment a booking can be transferred.

Is it acceptable on CC to ask about the size of discounts TA are giving when people transfer bookings???

No. Discussions about specific TAs is not allowed.

Best to ask fellow passengers on your next cruise.

No. Discussions about specific TAs is not allowed.

Best to ask fellow passengers on your next cruise.

It is not acceptable to NAME TA's but many people have said they receive a discount of about 8-10% off their cruise fare (not including the non commissionable amount which you don't see on Princess' website as it is all lumped into the price). Some even get a small amount of OBC too along with the discount.