Neptune perks?

a.madruga

We spend more time in our Neptune suite itself and graze the Neptune Lounge for breakfast and lunch. Never really venture out into the ship itself, except for dinner and the enrichment lectures. So those Neptune cruises are lazy and very self-contained. No lines, noise looking for tables, or juggling courses in the Lido. (Fewer calorie temptations too, since the Neptune Lounge has small plate nibbles.)

Don't forget that the concierge can take care of just about anything. No need for the front desk.

Concierge takes care of restaurant reservations, shore excursions, money exchange, whatever.

The extra space is very nice. We enjoy the entire ship, but the space is nice to return to, host guests, or just relax.

Enjoy :)

that is so. Tthe concierges rotate from front office to have a time as conceirge in Neptune. When their assignment in Neptune ends, they return to front office unless it is time for their vacation. :)

Next spring I'm doing back to back cruises on the Nieuw Amsterdam. The first 6 days are in a Neptune, the next 7 in an inside. It will make me humble. :D

BTW, I just tried looking for the suite perks on the HAL website, and can't find them. Don't know if they moved them or don't show the complete list anymore.

Roz

Alas, I doubt it. What used to be informative now just says "an array of complimentary services".

Oh, HAL's wondrous new website.

That's bad. How many threads have we seen like this that ask about suite amenities? From comments I've read, many suite passengers have high expectations and want to know what it is that they're getting for a premium price. Imagine the disappointment if you're used to a line whose suite lounge includes a free bar and you discover once onboard that the Neptune Lounge doesn't give you that!

The only downside is that once you have experienced a Neptune suite it is hard to go back to a lesser class.
Well ... we tried a Neptune just once, and decided for the same money we'd rather do two or three or four cruises in a plain veranda and spend more money on land things. We cruise more for the ports than the ship. Of course if money is no object, go for it!

I found that, but it really isn't the complete list that used to be on the old website. It's rather nebulous, and not specific enough.
Here's what's currently on the old site:

Neptune Suite Amenities include:

• New Bose® Bluetooth-enabled Soundlink
  • New complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast
  • New premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
  • New binoculars for use during voyage
  • New expanded line of Elemis bath amenities
  • New in-suite coffee and espresso machine
  • Neptune Lounge: A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Oddly, it doesn't mention laundry or priority on/off ship.

The NL has a wonderful coffee machine...sigh. If only it didn’t cost a gazillion dollars, I’d have one in my home. We have only sailed in NS so far. We like the aft cabins with the wraparound deck. Our process is to arrive about 11:15. Boarding beings about 11:30. We go to our room to drop our carryon and go straight to the NL to use our OBC for specialty dining and any shore excursions or other activities we may want. Then we go to lunch in the MDR. Then we go back to our room to sit on the veranda for sail away with the sparkling wine we are given. Granted the wine is not that great but after the first glass, it doesn’t matter to me, lol. You have priority tendering too. There’s a “party”

In the NL the first night. We stop by to look at what the appys are and have a glass of wine. The concierge is wonderful and will assist in pretty much anything you want. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's what's currently on the old site:

Neptune Suite Amenities include:

• New Bose® Bluetooth-enabled Soundlink
  • New complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast
  • New premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
  • New binoculars for use during voyage
  • New expanded line of Elemis bath amenities
  • New in-suite coffee and espresso machine
  • Neptune Lounge: A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

Oddly, it doesn't mention laundry or priority on/off ship.

Those are the "new" features. If you go to staterooms under "our mid sized ships" and look at it on the OLD website, all the amenities are listed.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=ships_msPrinsendam&showHeader=true&showFooter=true

Those are the "new" features. If you go to staterooms under "our mid sized ships" and look at it on the OLD website, all the amenities are listed.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=ships_msPrinsendam&showHeader=true&showFooter=true

Okay, the list I gave was under Suites & Staterooms, not Our Mid-Sized Ships, which I thought was the logical place to look! Odd that they don't give the full list where I looked.

BTW, your link takes me to the new site which doesn't list anything, like Roz said! :*

The NL has a wonderful coffee machine...sigh. If only it didn’t cost a gazillion dollars, I’d have one in my home. We have only sailed in NS so far. We like the aft cabins with the wraparound deck. Our process is to arrive about 11:15. Boarding beings about 11:30. We go to our room to drop our carryon and go straight to the NL to use our OBC for specialty dining and any shore excursions or other activities we may want. Then we go to lunch in the MDR. Then we go back to our room to sit on the veranda for sail away with the sparkling wine we are given. Granted the wine is not that great but after the first glass, it doesn’t matter to me, lol. You have priority tendering too. There’s a “party”

In the NL the first night. We stop by to look at what the appys are and have a glass of wine. The concierge is wonderful and will assist in pretty much anything you want. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

there used to be a welcome aboard party in Neptune (though some times elsewhere) but what they do now I would hardly call a 'party', can you say "cut backs? '

My DH always had fun at he welcome party. It is no more.

The party exists still on the first night.

NIce drinks and munchies. Usually in the Neptune Lounge.

While all the officers aren't there, there are usually one or two/Guest relations manager. Of course the concierges are there.

the goal is to meet your fellow passengers if my understanding is correct. Very similar to today's Meet and Greet on board that some of us do.

We've met some lovely people this way. Each to their own.

The party exists still on the first night.

NIce drinks and munchies. Usually in the Neptune Lounge.

While all the officers aren't there, there are usually one or two/Guest relations manager. Of course the concierges are there.

the goal is to meet your fellow passengers if my understanding is correct. Very similar to today's Meet and Greet on board that some of us do.

We've met some lovely people this way. Each to their own.

Not on our K'dam cruise this winter. There was a suites reception a few days later, held by the midships pool. Is HAL consistent about how they do anything????

It worries me a bit, what the new website shows. Or really, doesn't show, for perks for the Neptunes. If people are spending the big bucks for a Neptune or Pinnacle the benefits should be outlined clearly and specifically, in advance of booking and paying.

Otherwise it becomes too easy to amend the benefits on the fly :(

It worries me a bit, what the new website shows. Or really, doesn't show, for perks for the Neptunes. If people are spending the big bucks for a Neptune or Pinnacle the benefits should be outlined clearly and specifically, in advance of booking and paying.

Otherwise it becomes too easy to amend the benefits on the fly :(

Possibly, but personally I'm of the opinion it's a matter of "1 picture is worth a

1,000 words. Don't bore them!", and being overly enamoured with the latest

shiny things in website programming.