What broadway play?

George C

We are seeing the play the Christmas Carol today my our local theater group, shows are excellent seats about 400 to 500 and won a Tony award a few years ago for best regional theater, Tony is in a display case in the theater lobby. 
Not sure if we need a mask or not for this it depends on the venue . Some shows we have seen we needed them most we do not .

1 hour ago, George C said:

We are seeing the play the Christmas Carol today my our local theater group, shows are excellent seats about 400 to 500 and won a Tony award a few years ago for best regional theater, Tony is in a display case in the theater lobby. 
Not sure if we need a mask or not for this it depends on the venue . Some shows we have seen we needed them most we do not .

You are fortunate to have open theater where you live.

A theater around the corner from where I live closed permanently last year due to the pandemic.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

You are fortunate to have open theater where you live.

A theater around the corner from where I live closed permanently last year due to the pandemic.

Lots of wealthy millionaires and billionaires in Dallas give to the arts here, today was the first time we had to show proof of vaccinations before the show , weird that they also had metal detectors for the first time and masks were required, but lots of empty seats .

On 12/10/2021 at 3:38 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I believe it may be the Fall of 2022 before masks will no longer be mandatory in NYC theaters.

Officially tomorrow Monday per NYS - Mask Mandatory for all indoors locations till further notice.

I will be re evaluate in Mid January but looks like it will be renewed thru the Flu season. Working in a Medical Center that will be till May 31st... So it looks like you are right.

On 12/13/2021 at 11:56 AM, George C said:

We will wait a couple of months to see if we will do our normal memorial weekend in nyc or might move it to Labor Day .

As a theater lover, we too are concerned about attending the theater.

After Christmas we will be attending the Met for an Opera and in the background concerned. Yes, for a 1:55 long Opera will be Masked. But hoping all are Vac'ed and honest.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

As a theater lover, we too are concerned about attending the theater.

After Christmas we will be attending the Met for an Opera and in the background concerned. Yes, for a 1:55 long Opera will be Masked. But hoping all are Vac'ed and honest.

Sad thing is this will keep tourist away from New York City, I felt safe on two cruises this year since all passengers had too be vaccinated. I know we will need masks this Friday to see Leann Rimes Christmas concert, but in general we will go to music venues that do not require masks. 

On 12/13/2021 at 11:56 AM, George C said:

We will wait a couple of months to see if we will do our normal memorial weekend in nyc or might move it to Labor Day .

Just heard on the News that Hamilton, Doubtfires, Tina and Harry Potter announced they are cancelling shows till further notice with on refunds not exchanges. Other shows may follow in the days and weeks to come.

And the Metro Opera will require at the first of the year nothing less than a Booster to attend an Opera.

Things are getting serious including some Sport cancelling games and 6 Univ will be return to Virtual Classes.

Sorry George C.

• Like 1

There is still lots of good shows on tkts live, I really want to see Girl from the north country and To kill a mockingbird, but now I think I am down to a 50 percent chance to visit nyc this year . What area of Brooklyn do you live in Brooklyn boy? Looks like I will need to settle for a pastrami sandwich from my local Jewish deli , it’s pretty good but not as good as nyc.

1 hour ago, Nitemare said:

We have a 4 day weekend planned in NYC over Christmas.  Haven't bought any tickets yet and the way things are getting canceled it's a question if there will be any shows.

Nitemare,

Unfortunately we are facing a "Nightmare" of some sorts with the latest numbers rising. Don't know if Ticketmaster or TKTS booth in Times Square can assist you with information.

The news announced in NYC that they are monitoring the situation and evaluating before the show even to the last minute like last night at the door for Hamilton.

Seems Radio City Music Hall is still preforming without any problems. Good Hunting!  

3 hours ago, George C said:

There is still lots of good shows on tkts live, I really want to see Girl from the north country and To kill a mockingbird, but now I think I am down to a 50 percent chance to visit nyc this year . What area of Brooklyn do you live in Brooklyn boy? Looks like I will need to settle for a pastrami sandwich from my local Jewish deli , it’s pretty good but not as good as nyc.

George C,

Never heard of the Girl but Mockingbird seems quiet for reports. I know some announcement was made that some theaters are even cutting back their scheduled announced performances.

We are actually by the VZ Bridge where the  QM2 comes under entering NY Harbor in the Narrows. We are actually going to see her for the first time since 2020 on this coming Monday.

There are different class of Pastrami sandwiches in NYC like Deli's. You have the traditional Juniors on Flatbush Avenue like a restaurant deli. Multiple Deli's in lower manhattan around Delancy Street like Katz's. We have a favorite in Brooklyn that is deep in the Jewish area call Mill Basin Deli.

Junior's is like the Katz's of Brooklyn. With Homemade Pickles, Relish Trays, Fountain Sodas and Jewish dishes. Some even sell the traditional Celery Soda of the past. But I am not sure how the latest menus look with the Health Emergency scaling down even the seating. I would not suggest the Junior's in Times Square which is a tourist trap.

Some Google or Traveladvisor research may answer your question. The best is the Big P made in house and not out of a plastic bag if you know what I mean...

BTW... don't forget a piece of a original jewish cheesecake. Junior's is top noted for theirs.

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

George C,

Never heard of the Girl but Mockingbird seems quiet for reports. I know some announcement was made that some theaters are even cutting back their scheduled announced performances.

We are actually by the VZ Bridge where the  QM2 comes under entering NY Harbor in the Narrows. We are actually going to see her for the first time since 2020 on this coming Monday.

There are different class of Pastrami sandwiches in NYC like Deli's. You have the traditional Juniors on Flatbush Avenue like a restaurant deli. Multiple Deli's in lower manhattan around Delancy Street like Katz's. We have a favorite in Brooklyn that is deep in the Jewish area call Mill Basin Deli.

Junior's is like the Katz's of Brooklyn. With Homemade Pickles, Relish Trays, Fountain Sodas and Jewish dishes. Some even sell the traditional Celery Soda of the past. But I am not sure how the latest menus look with the Health Emergency scaling down even the seating. I would not suggest the Junior's in Times Square which is a tourist trap.

Some Google or Traveladvisor research may answer your question. The best is the Big P made in house and not out of a plastic bag if you know what I mean...

BTW... don't forget a piece of a original jewish cheesecake. Junior's is top noted for theirs.

I have been dining at the Mill Basin Deli for nearly all of my life.

Do you know that there was a guy who had his own table at the deli ?

He was a Brooklyn athlete.

2 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

George C,

I worked at A & S in IT in late 1970’s I’m Downtown Brooklyn near original Juniors and went there , I was living in Carrol Gardens at the time which was walking distance from there. We always stay at michealanglo hotel on 51st and 7th a few blocks from the two Juniors in midtown, remember having a pastrami sandwich there after midnight on a trip a few years ago. But miss Carnegie deli and Stage deli. Wife loves those pickles.

45 minutes ago, George C said:

I worked at A & S in IT in late 1970’s I’m Downtown Brooklyn near original Juniors and went there , I was living in Carrol Gardens at the time which was walking distance from there. We always stay at michealanglo hotel on 51st and 7th a few blocks from the two Juniors in midtown, remember having a pastrami sandwich there after midnight on a trip a few years ago. But miss Carnegie deli and Stage deli. Wife loves those pickles.

George C,

Knew A&S well. In the 50's & 60's use to Santa on the 7th Floor in Toy Land. Use to also gone to Martin's across. Use to go to Juniors on DeKalb. Also use to go to the Horn & Hardt on Jay with the fancy coin machines. Also use to go across the street from Juniors before going home on the Subway had a Frank and Orangeade from the Stand. Then took home a three ring pretzel for the ride home.

Enjoy going to Carroll Garden now a days to Whole Foods, my favorite supermarket.

Also miss Carnegie and Stage with the 7-8 inch sandwiches. One Chopped Liver Sandwich on Rye use to be able to feed about a 1/2 dozen people.

Love our Mill Basin Deli in Lower Brooklyn. Always take home about a dozen Half Sour Pickles and Have 2 Quarts of their Chicken Broth in the Freezer in case in need of Brooklyn Penicillin for those ill days.

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been dining at the Mill Basin Deli for nearly all of my life.

Do you know that there was a guy who had his own table at the deli ?

He was a Brooklyn athlete.

Lenquixo,

Don't know about him but will ask next time.

Isn't Mill Basin a great Deli! Their Cold Cuts like Pastrami, Brisket, Hard Salami to name a few. Great soups like Pea & Barley. Their Black & White Cookies and Checkboard Cake. And remember Dr. Brown Sodas. 

Great bunch of Guys behind the counter. Good Food, Good Company and Great Female Deli Waitress.

40 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Lenquixo,

Isn't Mill Basin a great Deli! Their Cold Cuts like Pastrami, Brisket, Hard Salami to name a few. Great soups like Pea & Barley. Their Black & White Cookies and Checkboard Cake. And remember Dr. Brown Sodas. 

Great bunch of Guys behind the counter. Good Food, Good Company and Great Female Deli 

43 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Lenquixo,

Great bunch of Guys behind the counter. Good Food, Good Company and Great Female Deli Waitress.

I lived in Canarsie 36 years and went to Grabsteins  as well as the Mill Basin Deli.

53 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I lived in Canarsie 36 years and went to Grabsteins  as well as the Mill Basin Deli.

I know Canarsie since my uncle and aunt lived there for many decades. Also I went shopping in Kings Plaza.

We even use to go to the International House of Pancakes on Ralph which was fun. The neighborhood now has changed and is different. But still has some interesting places. Chopstix chinese and Michaels italian. 

7 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I know Canarsie since my uncle and aunt lived there for many decades. Also I went shopping in Kings Plaza.

We even use to go to the International House of Pancakes on Ralph which was fun. The neighborhood now has changed and is different. But still has some interesting places. Chopstix chinese and Michaels italian. 

There was a great deli on Ralph ,Joe’s Southshore years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Which is one sure way to ensure ongoing spread of the virus.

Only way to stop virus is to force everyone to get there shots and boosters , I have done two cruises since , first no masks were needed , other just to go from one place to another, no spread . Would love to see shots required on planes also. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, George C said:

Only way to stop virus is to force everyone to get there shots and boosters , I have done two cruises since , first no masks were needed , other just to go from one place to another, no spread . Would love to see shots required on planes also. 

But we live in a society where people must not be forced.  Everyone "knows his rights" -- sadly, not so many know their obligations ---

16 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Some of our family live there. It’s truly a great spot for watching ships come and go. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Some of our family live there. It’s truly a great spot for watching ships come and go. 

Yes, great location especially in the Fall for Sunsets.

There is nothing like living around the water especially a harbor.

Since last night, 3 more broadway plays were bowing out for awhile. 

Moulin Rouge! The Musical people found out once they were in their seats last night to please the theater

Met Opera setting more strict standards.

Also of the Lincoln Center locations are also bowing out. Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater has cancelled for the rest of their season.

Things are changing in NYC the Big Apple..