What broadway play?

George C

42 minutes ago, markeb said:

Yep. May see if we can get tickets. Not doing verified fan this time, which I consider a mistake, but it was an amazing show! (Helps if you're a Springsteen fan, obviously!)

I had floor seats to see him in 1985 right after his album Born in the USA came out , would love to see the show, doubt we visit until mask become optional for broadway. 

Edited by George C

17 minutes ago, George C said:

I had floor seats to see him in 1985 right after his album Born in the USA came out , would love to see the show, doubt we visit until mask become optional for broadway. 

They're leaving the mask question up in the air until later...

Everyone attending has to be vaccinated unless too young. Children need a negative test. And there's a questionnaire you have to complete to reveal your QR code for entry. The terms state various COVID19 protocols may be in place, including masks, based on recommendations at the time of the performance. So there's a degree of uncertainty.

I have a friend in Brooklyn who says he saw him 100 times BEFORE Born to Run. Including if I remember correctly at least one of the 10 Bottom Line shows in August, 1975, a week before the release of Born to Run. Those are generally viewed as the shows that made arguably his greatest album (well, my favorite; I still think Darkness is "better") what it was and paved the way for The River, Nebraska, and Born in the USA.

We're at a mere 13 shows. Bruce didn't tour where I was in those days. But we were in the Pit, five feet from the side stage, for the River tour in 2016. And in the back of the orchestra in November of 2017 for Springsteen on Broadway. I was the fan; now the DW is at least as big a fan as I am!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, George C said:

Some good news for Broadway, Springsteen is bringing back his one man show to St James theater starting in June 26th.

How much will it be for Orchestra seats ? The last time he was on Broadway it was as much as $385 for a ticket.Music fans could see Graham Nash for $35 ,Arlo Guthrie for $ 10 and Joan Jett for free.

While they may not have the stature of Bruce I find them equally entertaining.

12 hours ago, markeb said:

They're leaving the mask question up in the air until later...

Everyone attending has to be vaccinated unless too young. Children need a negative test. And there's a questionnaire you have to complete to reveal your QR code for entry. The terms state various COVID19 protocols may be in place, including masks, based on recommendations at the time of the performance. So there's a degree of uncertainty.

I have a friend in Brooklyn who says he saw him 100 times BEFORE Born to Run. Including if I remember correctly at least one of the 10 Bottom Line shows in August, 1975, a week before the release of Born to Run. Those are generally viewed as the shows that made arguably his greatest album (well, my favorite; I still think Darkness is "better") what it was and paved the way for The River, Nebraska, and Born in the USA.

We're at a mere 13 shows. Bruce didn't tour where I was in those days. But we were in the Pit, five feet from the side stage, for the River tour in 2016. And in the back of the orchestra in November of 2017 for Springsteen on Broadway. I was the fan; now the DW is at least as big a fan as I am!

I saw Bruce at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park,NJ before the general public had any idea of who he was.He was so happy to be able to be on stage that was all that mattered to him.I saw Bob Dylan in his first NY appearance in 1961.Another person just interested in being on stage.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I saw Bruce at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park,NJ before the general public had any idea of who he was.He was so happy to be able to be on stage that was all that mattered to him.I saw Bob Dylan in his first NY appearance in 1961.Another person just interested in being on stage.

Totally different time and place, and musical style...

Somewhere in the basement (I think I know which box), I have a 4X6 hard copy print or so, of a kid from Yukon, Oklahoma, playing George Strait covers at a college barn dance. And a classmate still has a copy of the contract for a spring formal for "$100 and all the beer the band could drink".

On Sunday night, CBS broadcast his Kennedy Center Honors induction (recorded earlier). Garth Brooks...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

How much will it be for Orchestra seats ? The last time he was on Broadway it was as much as $385 for a ticket.Music fans could see Graham Nash for $35 ,Arlo Guthrie for $ 10 and Joan Jett for free.

While I love Arlo and had front row tickets last couple of years to see him he is not Springsteen, I would definitely pay 400 for good seats to see him. 

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Looks like the same pricing as the original run. $75-$850. It's expensive.

1 minute ago, markeb said:

Somewhere in the basement (I think I know which box), I have a 4X6 hard copy print or so, of a kid from Yukon, Oklahoma, playing George Strait covers at a college barn dance. And a classmate still has a copy of the contract for a spring formal for "$100 and all the beer the band could drink".

On Sunday night, CBS broadcast his Kennedy Center Honors induction (recorded earlier). Garth Brooks...

Kennedy center show was great , also love Joan Baez , have seen her a couple of times, will keep the dvr of that for a while . 

4 minutes ago, markeb said:

In 1957,I and 3 friends recorded a song,not an original.We were a no hit wonder on a well known label.One of the guys,Tim ,had a great voice and left us to be part of a doo wop group that was a 1 hit wonder.Then somehow he auditioned for the Metropolitan Opera Company and had a career. I have the demo of the song we recorded which serves as a conversation piece.Only two of the 4 of us is still around.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 1957,I and 3 friends recorded a song,not an original.We were a no hit wonder on a well known label.One of the guys,Tim ,had a great voice and left us to be part of a doo wop group that was a 1 hit wonder.Then somehow he auditioned for the Metropolitan Opera Company and had a career. I have the demo of the song we recorded which serves as a conversation piece.Only two of the 4 of us is still around.

That's pretty cool!

When you find a bio of Garth online, or on Netflix, or the like, there's always a scene in Willie's Saloon in Stillwater, Oklahoma, just off the Oklahoma State University campus. Been there. Reminds me of Bruce's tales of the Student Prince in Asbury Park. Probably about the same size of stage...

9 minutes ago, George C said:

While I love Arlo and had front row tickets last couple of years to see him he is not Springsteen, I would definitely pay 400 for good seats to see him. 

I would never pay that much for Bruce or any other singer and that includes Barbra or any other singer that I knew.

Not every singer is in it for the money.The lead singer of a group that had been around since 1959 lives in my condo development .His group still performs 50 shows a year and he sings for the condo neighbors for free

Joan Jett who lives in my town does summer concerts every year in a venue that seats 3000 and the concerts are free.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I saw Joan Baez in Manhattan in 2004 .Top price was $75

I always get best seat available and normally that’s about a hundred for most concerts and plays in Dallas area. 

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I always get best seat available and normally that’s about a hundred for most concerts and plays in Dallas area. 

Well,if you can afford it and want to spend your money that way that is your right.When I first went to Broadway shows an Orchestra seat was between $2 .00 and $7.50.

A front row seat for a concert was $5.00

3 hours ago, markeb said:

Looks like the same pricing as the original run. $75-$850. It's expensive.

We had the $75 tix last time around and loved the show from there.  Seen him 15-18 times or so and figured we didn't need to pay hundreds of dollars to get closer when we've been in the front of the pit enough times that I think he expects us there in New England shows

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Well,if you can afford it and want to spend your money that way that is your right.When I first went to Broadway shows an Orchestra seat was between $2 .00 and $7.50.

A front row seat for a concert was $5.00

We are older than dirt, I have program from Fillmore East in late 1960’s I believe price was 3.50 and they always had 3 acts .

15 minutes ago, George C said:

We are older than dirt, I have program from Fillmore East in late 1960’s I believe price was 3.50 and they always had 3 acts .

I never saved my programs but I think I paid $3.00 and it was 3 acts.

In the early 60’s I went to NBA games at Madison Square Garden.Seats directly behind the Knicks were $5.00 for two NBA games and there was always another game ,usually an Industrial League game.

Box seats at Shea Stadium were $5.00 in 1965.

My high school played Boys High in 1960 for the city championship game -fifty cents  a ticket.

39 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

In case anyone missed this:

OMG.....thanks.......that is FANTASTIC🙂........crying here..........(good tears)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

OMG.....thanks.......that is FANTASTIC🙂........crying here..........(good tears)

Hi Lois R. My thinking is that when Broadway returns it will be better than ever because everyone will realize how much it was missed.

Lenny 

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hi Lois R. My thinking is that when Broadway returns it will be better than ever because everyone will realize how much it was missed.

Lenny 

Hi Lenny,  I agree with you🙂