Avoiding Excess Paper on Cruise?

Cruise around corner. Usually bring hard copies of everything on cruise.Yes I am aware of vital copies I should have with us. Set sail passes, airline info, any email confirmations of everything for cruise, OBC, reservations etc...,Important personal info, extra copy of drivers license, passport, insurance cards, credit card phone contact numbers, contact info. But in this modern age do I really need to bring a paper copy of cruise contract? I already have bring so many confirmations for medical issues. Do I really need to bring full Travel insurance document? Yes, I know I need the travel insurance number and contact phone number but the plan info is in an email folder online. With flight weight limitations, trying to figure what I actually do not need to bring with me since all are in email folders online anyway and will have voom package. What do most of actually bring hard copies of? How do you limit the paper? Or do you? If I do not slim it down, I will have 5lbs of paper documents to carry with me.

RC is in the stone age with everything digital. Just look at their website. I recently read Carnival is doing away with plastic straws (unless a request is made for one) and good for them for making an effort to reduce nonsensical waste. RC will get there one day, but not until the "I prefer how I used to do things 30 years ago, don't tread on me" grumpy old people move into homes. Until then, expect the status quo.

I take the insurance schedule which is usually a one pager. As a minimum I take details of contact numbers and policy number. Other documents, I upload to a cloud account so I can access it via internet if needed.

Same applies to cruise contract and other documents. I printout the seapass, email confirmations regarding medical requirements, OBC etc. Doesn't amount to much in terms of bulk for me.

One thing I do like to take is photocopies of passports. One reason is that if the passports are lost, I have all the relevant details that might be required to obtain temporary replacements. Also, for ports where it is not absolutely necessary to take your actual passports I take the photocopies with me.

... do I really need to bring a paper copy of cruise contract? ... .

Nope. The only thing you might need to print from your edocs download would be pages that show transfer vouchers, if you purchased transfers from the cruise line.

Cruise around corner. Usually bring hard copies of everything on cruise.Yes I am aware of vital copies I should have with us. Set sail passes, airline info, any email confirmations of everything for cruise, OBC, reservations etc...,Important personal info, extra copy of drivers license, passport, insurance cards, credit card phone contact numbers, contact info. But in this modern age do I really need to bring a paper copy of cruise contract? I already have bring so many confirmations for medical issues. Do I really need to bring full Travel insurance document? Yes, I know I need the travel insurance number and contact phone number but the plan info is in an email folder online. With flight weight limitations, trying to figure what I actually do not need to bring with me since all are in email folders online anyway and will have voom package. What do most of actually bring hard copies of? How do you limit the paper? Or do you? If I do not slim it down, I will have 5lbs of paper documents to carry with me.

Set sail pass - yes

Cruise documents - only any page that I might need with address etc and the payment page. (3 pages maybe)

Copies of Passports - yes because it's recommended. Keep the passports in the safe, and carry my passport. (yes, I said, I carry my passport)

Insurance papers - why would you carry that? I have an app with my annual policy info on it. I don't carry my policies for any other insurance so why would you do this?

Airlines - Yes, I carry a paper copy of boarding pass because once I had trouble getting my digital one to load with a bad internet connection in airport. Enough issues at airports to worry about you boarding pass. :D

On international trips, that I am doing my own tours, any info I need to know or tickets etc.

Although I use my phone extensively, I still like to have some paper. Too many times while abroad, I had glitches in service. Also, the paper is in my backpack so I'm not worried about luggage weight. Seldom would it be over 20 sheets anyway.

Are you suppose the take the cruise contract? I never have and never even thought to. I don't even print them. Is this something that only Royal Caribbean requires.

Not at all, no need to take it, though you should probably read it.

RC is in the stone age with everything digital. Just look at their website. I recently read Carnival is doing away with plastic straws (unless a request is made for one) and good for them for making an effort to reduce nonsensical waste. RC will get there one day, but not until the "I prefer how I used to do things 30 years ago, don't tread on me" grumpy old people move into homes. Until then, expect the status quo.

Royal announced doing away with straws few months go, Carnival a few weeks ago. Not that it matters, you can still ask for them...

Royal announced doing away with straws few months go, Carnival a few weeks ago. Not that it matters, you can still ask for them...

They did? That's great! Even if you can still ask for them, most people wont. Every little bit helps.