NCL stock price dropped 10% in a week?

fstuff1

Any buyers for NCLH now that it is hovering today in the $47 range? I am still waiting to buy in. Not sure yet if it has reached bottom with all of the volatility in the stock market in general. Our cruise ls not until the middle of November so I have 60 to 90 days to pull the trigger. That $100 perk would be nice but I hate to overpay. It sounds like a great deal now but I don't want to catch a falling knife either. Thoughts?

Any buyers for NCLH now that it is hovering today in the $47 range? I am still waiting to buy in. Not sure yet if it has reached bottom with all of the volatility in the stock market in general. Our cruise ls not until the middle of November so I have 60 to 90 days to pull the trigger. That $100 perk would be nice but I hate to overpay. It sounds like a great deal now but I don't want to catch a falling knife either. Thoughts?

It is at it's 52 week low, the fundamentals are still good, I would think it wouldn't go much lower. But easy for me to say, I got in at 38.

I actually had enough cash still in my account from re-balancing to buy 80 shares, so I did that the other day. Then I sold enough of a mid-cap ETF to buy the remaining 20 shares I needed. So, my portfolio is still balanced, I didn't spend a dime but just moved money already invested around a bit, and I have the 100 shares I need to get the $100 OBC. NCLH and DIS is less than .005% of my portfolio so I feel pretty OK with those two individual stocks.

Anyone who purchases 100 of NCLH stock just for the OBC are basically just day traders. Always trying to make a quick buck. It is great if the price goes up in the next few weeks. You finish the cruise, sell and take a profit. But what happens after the cruise when the stock goes down? Do you sell and take a loss? Do you hold on and hope the price goes above what you purchased NCLH at within a reasonable so you can sell and make a small profit? And if you do sell, will you buy again for that OBC for your next NCL cruise and play this game again?

I think that most of the cruisers that own stock are investors. We are in it for the long haul. We have probably held our shares for over five years. We have seen the ups and downs and still "hold" and take our OBC for our next cruise. Just think on a B2B cruise (2 weeks), I use my stock OBC ($200) with the $250 OBC you receive when you purchase 2 cruise next certificates for $500. My cost for $500 to use on my next B2B is $50. And if you are lucky enough to receive an OBC from your travel agency for just booking the cruise (even if it is just only $25 for each cruise) my total cost for $500 is now ZERO. I am Platinum Plus and I have saved well over $10,000 over the past 6 years. Not bad for a stock that doesn't pay a dividend.

Anyone who purchases 100 of NCLH stock just for the OBC are basically just day traders. Always trying to make a quick buck. It is great if the price goes up in the next few weeks. You finish the cruise, sell and take a profit. But what happens after the cruise when the stock goes down? Do you sell and take a loss? Do you hold on and hope the price goes above what you purchased NCLH at within a reasonable so you can sell and make a small profit? And if you do sell, will you buy again for that OBC for your next NCL cruise and play this game again?

I think that most of the cruisers that own stock are investors. We are in it for the long haul. We have probably held our shares for over five years. We have seen the ups and downs and still "hold" and take our OBC for our next cruise. Just think on a B2B cruise (2 weeks), I use my stock OBC ($200) with the $250 OBC you receive when you purchase 2 cruise next certificates for $500. My cost for $500 to use on my next B2B is $50. And if you are lucky enough to receive an OBC from your travel agency for just booking the cruise (even if it is just only $25 for each cruise) my total cost for $500 is now ZERO. I am Platinum Plus and I have saved well over $10,000 over the past 6 years. Not bad for a stock that doesn't pay a dividend.

Your argument makes no sense.

You said people that buy ncl stock are basically day traders.

And that you kept the stock for 6 years and saved $10k.

But the majority of that $ saved was from cruise next certificates.

:confused:

Just saying that if you cruise NCL a lot and are willing to invest in 100 shares and hold the stock, that the $100 free cruise credits you receive can be used to acquire(through the cruise next program) $500 of real money to use on your next cruises. $500 of free money and being a stock holder. Take 6 cruises get $1500 on a $5000 investment. If you have done this for just 3 years with 18 cruises you received $4500 of free money. You have now almost doubled your money. Let's say now that you spend your profits of $4500 back on NCL cruises. You still have your original investment and have used the other $4500 to lower your cost on more NCL cruises. I purchased my NCLH shares back in 2013 when the price was around $32. A $3200 investment with over $10,000 used for free on NCL cruises.

If you are going to purchase 100 shares just to get the $100 OBC my question is are you going to hold like an investor or are you going to hope the price goes up when you finish the cruise and sell. And pay this investment game again.

I was under the impresion that your question was an investment question. You then mentioned the $100 OBC. An investor tries to make money on the money they have. If you are given free money and acquire more free money would you consider that a good investment? Or will you spend your free money on t-shirts, food, or tours. And you still keep your original investment for your next cruise. I cruise a lot and any way I can lower my costs is a plus for me. Not bad for a stock that pays no dividends.

Anyone who purchases 100 of NCLH stock just for the OBC are basically just day traders.

I think everyone takes this too seriously. Buying 100 shares of NCLH isn't a world altering decision for most frequent cruisers.

Let's say you have $5,000 in a savings account at your bank and take two cruises a year. The interest on the savings account will be under $100 a year. That $5,000 would buy more than 100 shares of NCLH right now, and the OBC will be worth $200 because you take two cruises. And unlike RCL / Celebrity, NCL allows you to actually get the OBC even if you have other specials or offers in your fare.

If you can afford it, it's a perfectly good reason to buy stock. It's a factor, just like dividends. You might try to add $5,000 in 3M stock next and receive their dividend of 2.7% and gain another $135 each year in stock re-invested (because it's "smarter" to do that than cash them out each year).

If buying NCLH is your first stock, or one of hundreds that you own through mutual funds or ETFs, then it's OK. If it's your life savings it should be in an insured account and available for emergencies.

• 3 weeks later...

and stock price just jumped 6% this morning to $50.43.

it's either the news of ncl moving Joy to Alaska and Spirit to china

or

del rio is expected to give higher guidance on earnings per share.

and stock price just jumped 6% this morning to $50.43.

it's either the news of ncl moving Joy to Alaska and Spirit to china

or

del rio is expected to give higher guidance on earnings per share.

wow, nice move. I wasn't even watching it. bought 100 shares on the downward last week.

You really think just moving a ship around makes THAT much difference? Higher guidance on earnings sounds better.

wow, nice move. I wasn't even watching it. bought 100 shares on the downward last week.

You really think just moving a ship around makes THAT much difference? Higher guidance on earnings sounds better.

hands Bones774 batteries for his sarcasm meter :)

I think everyone takes this too seriously. Buying 100 shares of NCLH isn't a world altering decision for most frequent cruisers.

Let's say you have $5,000 in a savings account at your bank and take two cruises a year. The interest on the savings account will be under $100 a year. That $5,000 would buy more than 100 shares of NCLH right now, and the OBC will be worth $200 because you take two cruises. And unlike RCL / Celebrity, NCL allows you to actually get the OBC even if you have other specials or offers in your fare.

If you can afford it, it's a perfectly good reason to buy stock. It's a factor, just like dividends. You might try to add $5,000 in 3M stock next and receive their dividend of 2.7% and gain another $135 each year in stock re-invested (because it's "smarter" to do that than cash them out each year).

If buying NCLH is your first stock, or one of hundreds that you own through mutual funds or ETFs, then it's OK. If it's your life savings it should be in an insured account and available for emergencies.[/quote

I think the realistic factor, is the number of stock benefit resumptions. I don't think less than 5 per year, 10% is what I'd ever want. I average at least $1000 per year.

I completely agree with JSkin (hi Jeff :) :) ) and the excellent double benefit of purchasing Cruise Next with this benefit- which I ALWAYS do. Being I'm a bottom feeder in cheap inside cabins- I buy one, which costs me $50, and I net $200 off the cruise price when used. :) Perfect.

If buying NCLH is your first stock, or one of hundreds that you own through mutual funds or ETFs, then it's OK. If it's your life savings it should be in an insured account and available for emergencies.[/quote

I think the realistic factor, is the number of stock benefit resumptions. I don't think less than 5 per year, 10% is what I'd ever want. I average at least $1000 per year.

I completely agree with JSkin (hi Jeff :) :) ) and the excellent double benefit of purchasing Cruise Next with this benefit- which I ALWAYS do. Being I'm a bottom feeder in cheap inside cabins- I buy one, which costs me $50, and I net $200 off the cruise price when used. :) Perfect.

Thank you for the shout out. Doing another B2B on the Jewel next month. Using my free money again and again and again and again. Plan on getting some more free money too, on my cruise.:D:D

Thank you for the shout out. Doing another B2B on the Jewel next month. Using my free money again and again and again and again. Plan on getting some more free money too, on my cruise.:D:D

I'm going to be trying to pick the Jewel up, if any price dumps. :) A priority to get back there of course. I ended up in Hawaii this month due to the bargain POA fare, then added another week+. So I'm way behind with Alaska this year. Mid August, I'll just fly to Anchorage, if the cruises don't work out. :)

You do, know about the excellent Puffin opportunities and jackpot varied wildlife on Kenai Fjords boat tours?

I'm going to be trying to pick the Jewel up, if any price dumps. :) A priority to get back there of course. I ended up in Hawaii this month due to the bargain POA fare, then added another week+. So I'm way behind with Alaska this year. Mid August, I'll just fly to Anchorage, if the cruises don't work out. :)

You do, know about the excellent Puffin opportunities and jackpot varied wildlife on Kenai Fjords boat tours?

Prices not cheap but reasonable. Still haven't paid over $499 per person. But when you can save an extra $500(free money) on a $2000 fare, why not. ;pPays my taxes and port fees. I had my first puffin last year with you in Sitka with Captain Davey. That was some itinerary on the Sun. Then I did Major Marine later in July on the turn around day in Seward. Puffins and Orcas and Bears Oh my. :p

• 1 month later...

so im up 11% so far on ncl.

plus got $100 obc for each of my 3 cruises this year.

so that's like an additional 6% gain right there!

plus planning a 15day so will get $250 obc for that!

ncl.. it's like printing $! :p

so im up 11% so far on ncl.

plus got $100 obc for each of my 3 cruises this year.

so that's like an additional 6% gain right there!

plus planning a 15day so will get $250 obc for that!

ncl.. it's like printing $! :p

Correct analysis indeed …. I bought on listing even better now Xrate!!!

Actually the stock in question (NCLH) closed at $52.03 on 5/2 and $50.31 on 5//7. That is actually a drop of 3.3%, not 10%. Yesterday, 9/6, it closed at $53.22. No real story here. It's just BS info that people can talk about for 3 or 4 months without bothering to check the facts.

Actually the stock in question (NCLH) closed at $52.03 on 5/2 and $50.31 on 5//7. That is actually a drop of 3.3%, not 10%. Yesterday, 9/6, it closed at $53.22. No real story here. It's just BS info that people can talk about for 3 or 4 months without bothering to check the facts.

there will always be those who are only happy when complaining or looking for the black lining instead of the silver. I just look at it this way, if you think you are doing poorly sell your damn stock. But remember most of us do not buy stock expecting to clean up in a few months. It is, normally a long tern investment. We have done very well with our NCL stock, other, how bought at the high point haven't. I don't understand why we see these treads pop up from time to time other than to start a heated debate. .