Price rise on the Premium Drinks Package effective 15th May 2018

Homestyle

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11026027_CEL_Beverage_Packages_Flyer.pdf

I was Googling beverage packages to see if I could find out what each of them included, ie. STANDARD, CLASSIC and PREMIUM and came across this link on rccl.com and noticed the details of the price increase.

The wording on this flyer makes it sound like the specialty coffees & teas are only available on the premium package. I thought in the past the classic could get these. Anyone got more info on this

The wording on this flyer makes it sound like the specialty coffees & teas are only available on the premium package. I thought in the past the classic could get these. Anyone got more info on this

Under the Classic package it still says Premium coffees and teas as well as fountain soda, fresh and bottled juices and non Premium bottled water.

Under the Classic package it still says Premium coffees and teas as well as fountain soda, fresh and bottled juices and non Premium bottled water.

Thanks --- I just got out the magnifying glass and can see it now. :)

We also usually give the upgrade to a favorite waiter or the wine steward so I'll be sorry to have to do it now when no one will get the credit.

We have booked through a TA so I assume I'll have to have her make the change (and I really hate to bother her with this!!! :().

I think I know the answer but - in case we cancel this cruise is the charge refundable?

We are looking at 32 days so that will be around $700 for the two of us.

HOMESTYLE (OP) - exactly where on the Celebrity site did you see notification that the package was going up in price? I've just spent about a half hour trying to find it and can't.

Edited by chamima

We also usually give the upgrade to a favorite waiter or the wine steward so I'll be sorry to have to do it now when no one will get the credit.

We have booked through a TA so I assume I'll have to have her make the change (and I really hate to bother her with this!!! :().

I think I know the answer but - in case we cancel this cruise is the charge refundable?

HOMESTYLE (OP) - exactly where on the Celebrity site did you see notification that the package was going up in price? I've just spent about a half hour trying to find it and can't.

See post#10

I just phoned Celebrity UK and asked if they could confirm the Premium package price increase - the agent I spoke to said she knew nothing about it. I said I had seen a flyer stating it would be 69$, effective from May 15th. I asked if she could go and check this. She came back still stating there was no note of this anywhere in "her system". She asked where I had seen it and I told her it was posted on Cruise Critic to which she said not to believe everything I read on there!!!

Personally, I prefer to believe what I read on here rather than information I gain from Celebrity UK. Between us all I am sure we have all points covered (y) I am going to discuss it with my cruise companion and phone back to upgrade - hopefully get through to someone else at Celebrity.

I just phoned Celebrity UK and asked if they could confirm the Premium package price increase - the agent I spoke to said she knew nothing about it. I said I had seen a flyer stating it would be 69$, effective from May 15th. I asked if she could go and check this. She came back still stating there was no note of this anywhere in "her system". She asked where I had seen it and I told her it was posted on Cruise Critic to which she said not to believe everything I read on there!!!

Personally, I prefer to believe what I read on here rather than information I gain from Celebrity UK. Between us all I am sure we have all points covered (y) I am going to discuss it with my cruise companion and phone back to upgrade - hopefully get through to someone else at Celebrity.

Methinks that you needed not to call X about the increase if you believe everything you read or get from here... you needed only to upgrade at that call.

You also needed not to mention the flyer as it sounds like it was an X announcement at that.

As such no need to call, again to verify what you 'believe' to be true ONLY to avoid the possible rise in cost of the package by upgrading. If you are calling again, it tells me that you do not believe what you read here... how can that be so? :eek:

bon voyage

Methinks that you needed not to call X about the increase if you believe everything you read or get from here... you needed only to upgrade at that call.

You also needed not to mention the flyer as it sounds like it was an X announcement at that.

As such no need to call, again to verify what you 'believe' to be true ONLY to avoid the possible rise in cost of the package by upgrading. If you are calling again, it tells me that you do not believe what you read here... how can that be so? :eek:

bon voyage

I certainly have belief in what I read on this forum. The need to call again is due to there being others on my booking that may wish to also upgrade and beat the increase. :cocktail::tropical-drink::wine-glass::D

I had Googled it, to try and find details of what was included in each of the packages and it took me to a PDF like via rccl.com I have included the like in the original posting. It was just by chance and happened to see the price increase. Funny its from the 15th May 2018 and there is a Flash Sale on until today.

I had Googled it, to try and find details of what was included in each of the packages and it took me to a PDF like via rccl.com I have included the like in the original posting. It was just by chance and happened to see the price increase. Funny its from the 15th May 2018 and there is a Flash Sale on until today.

So what phone number do you call to upgrade a beverage package - captain's club, X reservations, TA, another?

I'll call later.

Back to the refundable question - if we have to cancel the cruise (BEFORE final payment! ) will the charge for upgrading be refundable?

(As I said - I expect it will be but just need to make sure .)

I'll call later.

Back to the refundable question - if we have to cancel the cruise (BEFORE final payment! ) will the charge for upgrading be refundable?

(As I said - I expect it will be but just need to make sure .)

Yes,it is refundable if canceled before the cruise debarks - doesn’t have to be before final payment.

Not going to take any chances even if this isn’t really going to happen. Since we know that we will upgrade on board anyway we might as well do it now.....just feel bad for the bartender that won’t be getting that tip.

Who exactly do we call at Celebrity? Captains club or just the general number? Also, I assume we can use on OBC to upgrade just like we could on board?

Thank you for the heads up on this! Will be doing it tomorrow!

Thanks for the heads up, just called to upgrade our included Classic package to Premium while there’s only a $10/day difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you have the # to call them? Their site has tons of numbers, none of which list for adding/upgrading packages. We also planned to upgrade from Classic to Premium.

TIA!

I could not copy the flyer in its existing format, but here is the wording from the top of the flyer. Allof the brands are listed on the flyer, but I did not include them.

ONE PRICE. ZEROWORRY. BOOK YOUR BEVERAGE PACKAGE PRE-CRUISE OR ONCE ON BOARD. CLASSIC &PREMIUM PACKAGE HOLDERS ARE WELCOME TO ENJOY ANY SINGLE SERVING BEVERAGE NOTINCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE INCLUSIONS BY PAYING THE PRICE DIFFERENCE.

STANDARD PACKAGE

Choose from select beers, popular wines by varietal, bottledwaters, fountain sodas, well brand spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks up to$6 per serving. Plus, with the purchase of this Standard Package, you can enjoya 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board—even selectionsfrom our prized Reserve Wine list. $45.00 per person, per day

CLASSIC PACKAGE

Choose from an incredible arrary of beers, spirits,cocktails, liqueurs, frozen drinks and wines by the glass up to $9 per serving.This package also included a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle. Includesall standard package items as well. $55.00 per person, per day

PREMIUM PACKAGE

All standard and classic package items, PLUS: Specialtycoffees & teas, craft & artisan beers, spirits, cocktails, frozendrinks, Coca Cola products, premium bottled water and wines by the glass up to$13 per serving. Also take a 20% discount off all bottles of wine!

$69.00 per person, per day effective May15, 2018

I purchased a single Premium Package (as I don't drink). With the current promotion 50% off second. I simply selected one passenger and it gave me a 25% discount.

The flash sale does not include all sailings - not sure which cruises are included.

For our Silhouette B2B in one of the roll calls, one member was able to book the pack with discount, Our booking in the same cruise does not have it. Maybe our reservation does not qualify because the cabins available in the same category are currently $ 1,150 higher.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention. :D

We just upgraded to premium at the current price. One interesting blip - the person at the main number couldn't do the upgrade, saying that our reservation is through a TA (even thought we made it on-board Celebrity last year). But the Captain's Club rep did it with no problem. :confused:

With the increase for Premium to $69.00 per person per day the difference is $14.00 more than Classic. I would assume the upgrade will also increase to $14.00 plus 18% gratuity making the upgrade $16.50 per day vs. the current $11.80 per day including gratuity, a $4.70 increase.

For this reason I just upgraded to Premium for our August B2B. This does assume the Classic does not increase. Saved about $90.00. I usually prefer to upgrade on board to give the bartender the bonus gratuities they earn for upgrades, but the $90.00 will cover a lot of the tips we give on drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The flyer that the OP posted indicates that the Premium ceiling price will remain at $13. So now the break even for the $14 per day upgrade will be:

Average Number

Drink .... Drinks

Price .... Per Day

$10 ......... 14

$11 .......... 7

$12 ........ 4.33

$13+ ...... 3.25

My guess is that we will soon also see price increases at the Martini Bar ;)

Thank you to the OP for the heads up.

I just upgraded our Aust/New Zealand cruises for next year and if I figure correctly I saved $300 for 2x the 32 days of those cruises.

I also saved the aggravation I would have felt paying that extra $300.

I spoke to a REALLY nice young man at the Captain's Club who suggested we use our OBC so I only had to pay about $150 extra for right now.

I am curious to see if the $13 limit on the per drink will also go up with this price rise.

The $13 covers most drinks but there are some wines above that price.