Price rise on the Premium Drinks Package effective 15th May 2018

Homestyle

Thanks for the heads up. We just upgraded our 14 day South America trip and saved $112. We were waiting to do that on the cruise but I think it is a much better saving now.

I purchased a single Premium Package (as I don't drink). With the current promotion 50% off second. I simply selected one passenger and it gave me a 25% discount.

The flash sale does not include all sailings - not sure which cruises are included.

Thanks for the head's up that only one passenger need buy the Package during this promo, even though it's called a BOGO. Only one of us drinks. Just took care of it for our TA!

I got off the phone with a Celebrity Rep and was told that the price spread would still be $10 between the Classic and premium. He said that he will note it on my reservations. Will probably regret trusting him.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for posting this information. Called Celebrity tonight and upgraded from classic to premium. Took all of 5 minutes to complete. We booked through a TA, but no problem calling celebrity customer service direct and requesting the upgrade.

Customer Service advised they have been receiving quite a few call requesting upgrade due to pending price increase, but she also stated as others have mentioned above that they have no knowledge of a price increase.

We had planning to upgrade on board, so no issue doing so now...and I'm inclined to believe what is shared on these boards for what is coming our way from Celebrity.

I asked if the 20% sale applied to the dining packages. Only offer is the 2 dinner and 1 lunch at $90. We declined, and will determine what we need once we are on board, as we didn't think this was a very good offer. We really aren't interested in lunch, and when we were on board this past March they were really trying to sell lunch ..not sure how popular lunch is.

Thanks again!

I got off the phone with a Celebrity Rep and was told that the price spread would still be $10 between the Classic and premium. He said that he will note it on my reservations. Will probably regret trusting him.

Happy cruising

I fear that the only way it would be true is if the cost for Classic package also was increased.

Did this Rep say that they were aware that the Premium package costs will increase on May 15? If not I do not know how they could assure you that the difference will remain at $10.

Price rise on Premium Drink Package from the 15th May. On the Celebrity website it states that the price will rise to USD69.00. Looks like a good time to book under the current 72 hour flash promotion.

Thanks Homestyle! Just got in under the wire.

Happy Mother’s Day to me! :D

I've just upgraded my cruise included Classic package to Premium paying an additional £8.50 per day (inc grat). That equates to a $ to £ exchange rate of £1.388, so I'm very happy.

Thanks for the heads up on tomorrow's price rise.

After contacting Celebrity UK yesterday and they told me they were unaware of an increase, I have received this email from them today. Useful for anyone in the UK as they have listed a Freephone number :D, better than the 7 pence a minute ones.

Hello xxxx,

Thank you for your email and sending through thedetails you had found on cruise critic website.

On further investigation, it does appear thatthe Beverage Team, based in our head office in Miami, have announced this increase to the Premium Drinks Package will go ahead from tomorrow. This has still not been communicated to our UK office, hence the lack of knowledge when you called us yesterday - apologies for this - but appears to have been passed on to cruise critic from the US.

As a result of the price increase, which will also cause the Classic to Premium upgrade cost to increase, I would advise you to go online or contact us today if you wish to upgrade at the lower price. If you wish to call us, please use 0800 2404259 up until 8.00 PM tonight.

Once again thank you for alerting us to this change and apologies that we were unable to confirm this to you until today.

Kind Regards

xxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Support Unit

This is the quickest response I have had by email from Celebrity, probably as they realised I only had a few hours to upgrade, and they were less than useless yesterday. Just makes me wonder what else they do not know in the UK office!!?? :confused:

I just upgraded. I knew we were going to upgrade and had the OBC, so decided not to wait til boarding in case the price differential does increase.

The fact that Celebrity cruises sail full is amazing to me considering the absolutly useless webite and the lack of knowledge of home office employees regarding anything to do with their cruises. Fortunately the onboard experience is consistently good and we have enjoyed our previous sailings. So will continue to sail X and try to minimize contact with the office.

Thanks for the heads up. Just called Captains Club and upgraded our drink package for 3 future cruises. They said the phones were unusually busy for a Monday with most people upgrading.

Art

I appreciate the head's up as well!

I was actually able to see the upgrade online for my May 18, 2018 sailing, but wanted to also buy an internet package and it wouldn't give me the Elite discount online.

While I was on the phone, I upgraded the beverage packages for my Feb 2019 and Dec 2019 cruises. That agent said I was the second person of the morning (on Sunday morning) to comment about the Premium beverage going up, and that she didn't know anything about it. The regular call center in Wichita was her location.

While I was at it, I got my DD an internet package for her honeymoon in June. She had already upgraded her bev package and gotten a photo package, but neither DD or SIL2B had gotten an internet package.

Thanks for the update. Went on-line and upgraded my drink package for my July sailing. Was surprised the website actually allowed me to do that ;p

Exactly where on the website were you able to do the upgrade? I've looked all through my cruise planner and can't find any links re this. Thx!!

We have got a free classic package and were going to upgrade on the ship to the premium. Hubby was going to leave it but we may now change. Are we able to do that on the website or is that too much to ask?

Thanks

Thanks for the update. Went on-line and upgraded my drink package for my July sailing. Was surprised the website actually allowed me to do that ;p

Just seen this - off to look :-)

Just upgraded through captain’s club for 3 cruises. The agent denied any knowledge of a price increase, but said a lot of people have been calling. Am curious to see what actually happens tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just called Captain’s Club to upgrade. The person answered was unaware of a price increase on the upgrade. Left hand, right hand—which one has it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly where on the website were you able to do the upgrade? I've looked all through my cruise planner and can't find any links re this. Thx!!

It doesn't show up until the Classic Package is added, sometime around when the eDocs are available. If you have a cruise further out than a few weeks, you'll need to call Celebrity to purchase the upgrade.

Glad you've all been able to jump on this.....I'll be logging into Celebrity website tomorrow to see if the Premium package is showing at the higher price. All the best everyone and happy cruising.

I've read on previous posts that when upgrading or just purchasing the drink packages onboard, you may be charged the tax of the current port you are in if they process the charge before the ship leaves port. Does anyone know if I'll be charged tax on the upgrade if I do it now rather than wait until I board the ship?

Thanks.

Tracey