I'm MB But Across The Hall It's M1

SpareBrew

I'm on the Grand, going on a Hawaiian cruise in April 2019. I'm in room D504 which is showing as category MB but across the hall, D503 is showing as category M1 (Club Class). Why would they do this on one side of the ship but not the other? :(

I was curious if anyone has had any similar communication with Princess about this before I call about this discrepancy.

Thanks!

1213535856_GrandDeckPlan.jpg.7c6de5220b02aaee8b7d27e6e20d38e1.jpg

Because the Club Class designation is just an arbitrary grouping, and your selection just happened to be on that arbitrary line. The cabins are exactly the same, the only difference is whether you choose the club class level or not. Princess just recently expanded the number of club class cabins (on some ships?) and you will see similar category shifts happen all the time across the fleet.

Because the Club Class designation is just an arbitrary grouping, and your selection just happened to be on that arbitrary line. The cabins are exactly the same, the only difference is whether you choose the club class level or not. Princess just recently expanded the number of club class cabins (on some ships?) and you will see similar category shifts happen all the time across the fleet.

I guess they couldn’t draw a straight line the day they did it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is a bit strange. On the Caribbean, Ruby and Crown D504 is M1 for a total of 62 while the Grand has only 61 such rooms.

Yes, I found it strange too. I wasn’t complaining (happy to be cruising!) but was wondering why D504 was singled out.

I'm on the Grand, going on a Hawaiian cruise in April 2019. I'm in room D504 which is showing as category MB but across the hall, D503 is showing as category M1 (Club Class). Why would they do this on one side of the ship but not the other? :(

I was curious if anyone has had any similar communication with Princess about this before I call about this discrepancy.

Thanks!

I don't know what the difference is, but Princess thinks there is one.

D504 was a "MA" before it was offered with Club Class and became "M1".

D503 is a "MB". Were it offered with Club Class, it would be an "M2".

I've even seen an ex-"MF" offered with Club Class as "M6"

Psst! D503 offered as an "M2" would cost more, no? ;)

To add to the confusion, in the 2018-2019 Cruise Atlas both D504 and D503 are shown as MB. I wonder if someone attempted to correct that, making it consistent with the other Grand Class ships, and ended up correcting only D503?

It could be that one side is more popular than the other, also. Some people prefer Port side, some people prefer Starboard side, and some people don't care.

Good point. The glass-floored Skywalk on Grand's starboard side, overlooking her

balconies on that side, has a decided effect.

Good point. The glass-floored Skywalk on Grand's starboard side, overlooking her

I thought the Skywalk was only on Royal class ships (Royal, Regal and Majestic currently). I've never been on the Grand but have been on plenty of Grand class ships that didn't have a Skywalk.

• Like 1

I think you may have your ships mixed up. There is no Skywalk on the Grand

• Like 1

I tried to call Princess and was told to write an email to Customer Relations Dept. since they couldn’t explain why D504 was excluded. I’m also trying to see if my TA can find out anything further before I send an email. I wonder how many other people are affected in the other cruises before mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Again... Good point.

But I might not be the only one with that mistaken impression?

NEVERMIND! (Where's my coffee, I need some more ;^)

It's the starboardside stateroom that got the last Club Class slot, not the portside.

cherylandtk answered it for you.

Club Class is capacity-controlled extra-priced, extra service and perks. It's gone over

well and getting expanded, and I can see a cubicle-dweller saying "10 more CC cabins?

... D501, D502, D503. Done".

It looks like D504 just missed the cut for CC just like it missed the cut to be considered

"Mid-Ship" position. Missed the price increase that would have went with either, too. ;)

I tried to call Princess and was told to write an email to Customer Relations Dept. since they couldn’t explain why D504 was excluded. I’m also trying to see if my TA can find out anything further before I send an email. I wonder how many other people are affected in the other cruises before mine.

?? I assume you booked and paid for a MB balcony.

You are wondering why your cabin category was not changed to M1, so you could enjoy the Club Class category without paying extra?

Certainly no one was negatively affected.

I suspect that Princess decided to have a certain number of Club Class mini-suites and your regular mini-suite was not changed. I am not sure anyone that would answer the phone would have any knowledge of the criteria.

Or perhaps they are waiting until after you cruise to make the change😄😄

• Like 1

cherylandtk answered it for you.

Club Class is capacity-controlled extra-priced, extra service and perks. It's gone over

well and getting expanded, and I can see a cubicle-dweller saying "10 more CC cabins?

... D501, D502, D503. Done".

It looks like D504 just missed the cut for CC just like it missed the cut to be considered

"Mid-Ship" position. Missed the price increase that would have went with either, too. ;)

agreed.

If you choose to write an email - maybe try to be clear about what your objective is. So they can try to help you as best as possible. I am not clear with this thread what goal is?

Do you want them to convert D504 to Club and charge you extra?

Do you think it is a printing error and want someone to double check that it is not Club already?

If you want club class are there any other cabin options available for you to make the change now and pay extra so you get what you want? or do you already have what you want :) and just curious:) about the uneven cabin line designation for club

Like I said earlier today, I’m not complaining, I was wondering why there was an uneven arbitrary line. I’m happy with what I have but wanted to check that this wasn’t an oversight, in case there were others that might have missed out otherwise. I’m sure they have their reasons why it was excluded, just wanted clarity.

Like I said earlier today, I’m not complaining, I was wondering why there was an uneven arbitrary line. I’m happy with what I have but wanted to check that this wasn’t an oversight, in case there were others that might have missed out otherwise. I’m sure they have their reasons why it was excluded, just wanted clarity.

D503 (and D504) have (not) been Club Class for several cruises. It's not a misprint.

When determining "Mid-ship" vs "Mid-aft", classifying by anything other than rows would

not make sense. When choosing, say, 10 cabins to which to add Club Class service,

keeping even rows doesn't really enter into it.

Thanks!

I see no obvious reason for this.

And I would expect you would have a hard time finding anyone at Princess who could tell you why it was done this way.

I assume you paid about $300 less than if your cabin had been Category M1.

As other posters have said, I think they have a certain amount of club class cabins . There is a large difference in price. Your cabin is considered a mid-aft mini suite. It’s my preferred location. The club class minis are considered mid-ship.

The line seems arbitrary because there doesn't really need to be a "line". "Club Class" is just a set of perks like Club Class Dining, priority embarkation and disembarkation, a complimentary one-time wine set-up, etc. Princess has chosen to limit the application of those perks to certain mini-suites. It could be one here, one there and one over there - there's really no reason to keep them together. In theory, they could make certain balcony or inside rooms "club class" if they wanted to - for a premium "club class" price for that category room.

The line seems arbitrary because there doesn't really need to be a "line". "Club Class" is just a set of perks like Club Class Dining, priority embarkation and disembarkation, a complimentary one-time wine set-up, etc. Princess has chosen to limit the application of those perks to certain mini-suites. It could be one here, one there and one over there - there's really no reason to keep them together. In theory, they could make certain balcony or inside rooms "club class" if they wanted to - for a premium "club class" price for that category room.

True, but their policy so far has been to start mid-ships and work outwards. Grand has worked

its way out three cabins into the forward part of mid-aft.

Three cabins is 1½ cabin-rows, hence the OP's head scratching.