S class Celebrity Suites

Mynki

As per thread title, looking for opinions as to which (if any) S class celebrity suites are the best ones to book. Please detail any pros and cons.

Thanks in advance.

Whenever we book Celebrity Suites on the S Class Ships, we look for the ones on the angle just off the hump...for example 1615 and 1618. On Reflection, the CS preferences are 1615 and 1638.

Hope this helps

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

Whenever we book Celebrity Suites on the S Class Ships, we look for the ones on the angle just off the hump...for example 1615 and 1618. On Reflection, the CS preferences are 1615 and 1638.

Hope this helps

Randy

I agree with this. We just sailed Solstice in a hump CS with the larger balcony. Very nice!

Hope this helps

Randy

If memory serves me correctly, there is a support post just outside the door of 1638 on Reflection. It may be the same with 1615 on Reflection.That does not affect the room itself, but it is just a little bit of a surprise when you get to your room.

Randy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If memory serves me correctly, there is a support post just outside the door of 1638 on Reflection. It may be the same with 1615 on Reflection.That does not affect the room itself, but it is just a little bit of a surprise when you get to your room.

Randy

I don't remember this at all, we spent 16 nights in 1638!! Wonderful room. 1618 on all other "S" class ships...best CS's in the fleet.

I don't remember this at all, we spent 16 nights in 1638!! Wonderful room. 1618 on all other "S" class ships...best CS's in the fleet.

It could be that my memory is fading in my old age, but I do know that the support pole was definitely in place in front of either 1638 on Reflection or 1618 on the other S Class ships. These are the only Celebrity Suites we have booked. I’m pretty sure I haven’t lost it totally yet!

It could be that my memory is fading in my old age, but I do know that the support pole was definitely in place in front of either 1638 on Reflection or 1618 on the other S Class ships. These are the only Celebrity Suites we have booked. I’m pretty sure I haven’t lost it totally yet!

We have stayed in 1110, 1233 and 1618. All are very good and I remember a pole outside in February/March this year.

We probably prefer the forward looking ones on deck 10 although we have 21 nights booked for next February March on the Silhouette in 1114 which I am sure will be good as well although it does not have the same depth of balcony. The rooms are identical

I guess it just never caught my eye!! Love these rooms, especially on a longer cruise like a transatlantic. Being on the back side of the hump protects you very well from the elements like rain & wind. We've been in one of these on three different TA's and were able to use our balcony nearly every day.....the only down side was that we had almost no sun at all.

As per thread title, looking for opinions as to which (if any) S class celebrity suites are the best ones to book. Please detail any pros and cons.

Thanks in advance.

S class Celebrity Suites do really divide opinions. We cruised one once and decided if we couldn’t get a RS we would prefer an aft S1.

The negatives for us were the really enclosed bedroom and the fact that the lounge area seemed small (all large sofa...). Whilst the S1 is smaller the openness makes it feel more spacious. Additionally you are paying more than an S1 but for no increase in perks.

The positives of the S class CS are it does provide more privacy if there are more than two of you cruising and that if one of you is an ‘early bird’ you can get up without disturbing the sleepyhead!

As I said, the suites do divide opinions....what are negatives for us can be positives for others, very much a personal perspective.

• 6 months later...

We just upgraded on the Eclipse from S2 to Celebrity Suites.  (great price after final payment).  We needed two next to each other, preferably with balcony dividers that can be opened).

We're currently on deck 11 in 1620 and 1622.  I selected those because they are the furthest away from the lobby.

1110 and 1112 are also available.  They are on the hump.  My concern would be the proximity to the atrium - I've been on cruises where the library is unusable because of the noise from the band and party in the atrium.  But they are on the hump.

So the question - should I move?  And if so, how do the rooms compare?

Thank you!