Stay and cruise San Pedro, Ca

cruzn fun

Hello, I'm looking for a stay and cruise in San Pedro, Ca.

Thank you in advance :)

Medium Price - Double Tree about 1 mile south of pier by the marina and Crown Plaza, walking distance from harbor and restaurants. Lower priced, Sunrise Hotel directly on Harbor Blvd in sight of the pier and within walking distance to restaurants. All have comp. shuttles to the pier.

Medium Price - Double Tree about 1 mile south of pier by the marina and Crown Plaza, walking distance from harbor and restaurants. Lower priced, Sunrise Hotel directly on Harbor Blvd in sight of the pier and within walking distance to restaurants. All have comp. shuttles to the pier.

A little more info:

1. DT has a much more organized shuttle service than CP.

2. DTs shuttle is always included in your price and they'll take you anywhere within a specific radius for shopping or eating. CP isn't always included in the price and I don't recall anything about additional service.

3. If you're driving, you can leave your car at DT for the entire length of your cruise (we left our car there for 34 days once). CP limits to 10 days and charges after that.

There's also another hotel nearby: Best Western Plus

They have a shuttle, too.

We've stayed at DT and CP. Prefer DT (they give us cookies and bottles of water :D), the staff has always been very friendly and helpful.

A little more info:

1. DT has a much more organized shuttle service than CP.

2. DTs shuttle is always included in your price and they'll take you anywhere within a specific radius for shopping or eating. CP isn't always included in the price and I don't recall anything about additional service.

3. If you're driving, you can leave your car at DT for the entire length of your cruise (we left our car there for 34 days once). CP limits to 10 days and charges after that.

There's also another hotel nearby: Best Western Plus

They have a shuttle, too.

We've stayed at DT and CP. Prefer DT (they give us cookies and bottles of water :D), the staff has always been very friendly and helpful.

Ditto to the above. We have stayed at both CP and DT. While CP is closer to the port/ship, their shuttle is not well organized and can be very chaotic.

We like DT because of its parking situation as well. CP uses a parking garage . So if you forget something in the car, you have to get the hotel staff to help you retrieve it (and the parking garage can be locked making even that difficult. Also, if you’re doing B2B cruises and parking, you can take stuff back to your car at DT because it is on a lot where you parked it. On the other hand it doesn’t have the shade coverage at DT.

We like some of the restaurants that are within walking distance of DT as well. There is also a Van’s grocery store not far away for your wine/soda purchases to take aboard your cruise.

Crowne Plaza vs Doubletree:

While, in the past, I have found Crowne Plaza and Doubletree to be similar in price and Doubletree to have a more generous "park and sail" deal, it isn't always the case. I just booked Crowne Plaza for November because it was $153 per night and Doubletree was $236 per night. (I checked the hotel sites as well as all of the discount sites.) Prices fluctuate dramatically. I'm not sure why they were so far apart this time but it does happen. Heck, a few years ago I did a Priceline "bid on the room" thing and got two days at Crowne Plaza - one before the cruise and one after - for $86 and $88. I was blown away.

All I'm saying is to check pricing and see which works best at the time. I've stayed at CP a couple of times and wasn't all that impressed - it was okay but nothing to write home about - so wanted to do DT this time but the price difference was significant and, since we are flying this time, the park and sail benefit didn't come into play.

Since Doubletree is a Hilton brand, it is a good idea to join Hilton Honors, its point plan, to get free wifi and sometimes a bit lower prices.

We are using our Hilton points to stay for free before our Panama Canal cruise.

They add up.

We drive to the port from Phoenix and have always used the CP's Park and Sail package. Includes a couple of welcome drinks, breakfast buffet and parking. On our trip to Hawaii parking for all 15 days was included. There plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance.

They also have, or had, a Fly and Sail package.

We have reservations at the DT for next March, is the parking area when on a cruise different then when parking near your room or is it one lot. Friends of mine whom we will be cruising with, alerted me to the DT

It’s one lot - not near your room. As Thrak mentioned above, prices and deals do vary between the two. Our next cruise is 28 days so DT was the better of the two this time.

We drive to the port from Phoenix and have always used the CP's Park and Sail package. Includes a couple of welcome drinks, breakfast buffet and parking. On our trip to Hawaii parking for all 15 days was included. There plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance.

They also have, or had, a Fly and Sail package.

We had parking in the underground lot at CP. As for restaurants within walking distance - the San Pedro Brewing Company is quite nearby. Decent brewpub food and great beer. :D

Note: We didn't originally book CP with the Park and Sail deal because it was overpriced. When we were going to depart the hotel we were talking and the desk clerk said we could leave the car where it was for the duration. For some odd reason it was less than the cost they were asking online with the Park and Sail. We jumped on it. No idea why it was less that way.

I will be doing a 15 day Hawaiian round trip LA and was planning on parking at the cruise terminal (I have a 2 hr. drive to the port). After reading comments on the surrounding hotels I checked out the Double Tree and they have a park and stay, where the rate for the room would be equivalent to 15 days of long term parking at the port. I booked it, so now I can leisurely drive in the day before, have a nice evening and a good sleep and be rested and relaxed the day of boarding!

1emerald1, when is your sailing, we are doing the March 11, 2019 cruise on the Emerald. . There is a Roll Call going for that sailing.
Hi, I am on the Feb 24, 2019 sailing, thanks for asking tho!

We stayed at the Doubletree last year but almost didn't because they were requiring a two night stay and we only wanted one night. I kept checking for quite a while and kept noticing the same thing. I finally called the hotel and they transferred me to a manager who made our reservation for us for one night. I think they do this when there are events in the area and our weekend there was a boat show. Our rate included two drinks, two breakfast buffets (which was very good), parking (we parked by a tree that shielded our car from the afternoon sun), and shuttle both ways. The room was nice and the area is quite. Will definitely stay there again!

I will be doing a 15 day Hawaiian round trip LA and was planning on parking at the cruise terminal (I have a 2 hr. drive to the port). After reading comments on the surrounding hotels I checked out the Double Tree and they have a park and stay, where the rate for the room would be equivalent to 15 days of long term parking at the port. I booked it, so now I can leisurely drive in the day before, have a nice evening and a good sleep and be rested and relaxed the day of boarding!

Exactly!! Sometimes when we've done it, the hotel was LESS than the parking at the terminal would cost...that's a no brainer.;)