Booking Cruise 90 Days or Less Before Departure

alohacr16

Hi, does anyone have any experience/success booking a cruise out of Boston or NYC with Norwegian 90 days or less before departure? Thank you!

I think half the people on my last cruise booked less than 60 days. Success?

I'm not sure what you mean by "success", but we booked our upcoming cruise on the Gem out of NYC less than 90 days out. Be aware that for many cabin types, you will only get a guaranteed stateroom of that level or higher. You may not be able to choose your specific stateroom. Also, if you book with under 90 days to go, you will have to pay your daily service charge up front at the time of booking instead of daily while on the cruise.

We have (out of NY). Success in what regard?

I think I just meant an overall positive experience in terms of price and a room with an ocean view. I would need two staterooms close to each other. I have always booked cruises a lot earlier than 90 days.

Two SIL's & one BIL just booked recently an Oceanview, not a GTY - on the Gem, 8 days before sailing - able to view & select a specific stateroom in terms of location, deck and pricing, etc.

Also, it is NOT true that DSC has to be paid up front, unless that's being insisted upon by a T/A and/or misinformed PCC at NCL ... they paid theirs onboard, further reduced by refundable OBC issued due to a missing port stop. Was able to secure a courtesy hold for several hours without making a full & immediate payment, so that we can transfer a CruiseNext Certificate. The next day, email/pop-up offer "jumped" out for the Upgrade Advantage to bid for higher categories (unsold inventories still exist, solo supplement wasn't dropped yet either) ... and it still qualified for Latitude Past Guest Offer.

All in all. Success, by most metrics. Looking at bookings now for 75 to 90 days out, calendar saying it's toward the end of summer ... deals & availabilities should exist, as long as one is flexible. Ooops - watch out, approaching the peak hurricane timeline for the Atlantic zones.

Just yesterday I booked a balcony guarantee on the Dawn for next Friday at a pretty decent price. Never booked 7 days out! It's kind of exciting. Got our assigned cabin today and it is a mid-ship balcony. I am pleased!

We booked a guarantee balcony on Breakaway 17 days before sailing. The only issue with it was the college kids next door that partied until 3am every night...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, does anyone have any experience/success booking a cruise out of Boston or NYC with Norwegian 90 days or less before departure? Thank you!

Happens every week. I am guessing at least 33% of the ship is still available at 90 days, except for holiday cruises.

I just booked Sun out of Port Canaveral 2 weeks in advance, sail away rate, GTY inside. Was assigned a cabin same-day, large handicap family cabin. Just 2 of us, but hey, we'll take it. It's only a 3 day Bahamas cruise though. If I was doing a 7+ day, I'd book well in advance and select my desired balcony cabin. We're 45 minutes from the port so we have flexibility. Others don't. Do whatever works for you.

I just booked Sun out of Port Canaveral 2 weeks in advance, sail away rate, GTY inside. Was assigned a cabin same-day, large handicap family cabin. Just 2 of us, but hey, we'll take it. It's only a 3 day Bahamas cruise though. If I was doing a 7+ day, I'd book well in advance and select my desired balcony cabin. We're 45 minutes from the port so we have flexibility. Others don't. Do whatever works for you.

We had that cabin in 2014 on the Sun out of Tampa, you will love it, the bathroom is huge, the Sun is our favorite NCL ship, the least favorite The Scape

Not sure what you mean by success? But we did book the Breakaway a couple years ago out of NYC only about 2 months out. There were still decent cabin selection and no problems. In fact for years we always booked less than 90 days out. Now that we have more time than money and are long retired we are more apt to book about 6 months out.

We had that cabin in 2014 on the Sun out of Tampa, you will love it, the bathroom is huge, the Sun is our favorite NCL ship, the least favorite The Scape

Thanks for letting me know, good to hear! It’s on deck 9 which seems like a good one but only hesitation is that the cabin is directly next to the stairs so there’s the potential for noise. I’m not overly concerned about it though, I’m sure it will be fine.

I'm not sure what you mean by "success", but we booked our upcoming cruise on the Gem out of NYC less than 90 days out. Be aware that for many cabin types, you will only get a guaranteed stateroom of that level or higher. You may not be able to choose your specific stateroom. Also, if you book with under 90 days to go, you will have to pay your daily service charge up front at the time of booking instead of daily while on the cruise.

I find this to be inaccurate... we have booked a cruise with only 32 days till sailing. I was able to pay our DCS onboard and selected a balcony cabin as well as reserve our dining preferences and our Edocs were ready to print in 48 hours. Don't worry NCL will always find a room for you! We once sailed with a couple that booked 72 hours prior to cruising. Happy Cruising!!!

There is no problem with last minute booking. You may have to work on dining reservations onboard. If you are on the Escape, you may need to work on show reservations on board.

You’ll get whatever rooms no one else has wanted to book.

I don’t think I’ve booked ANY of my cruises more than 90 days out. Cabin selection? I root around and can find something I like.

Price? I don’t pay for anything I can’t afford. Don’t know if it’s the best (or worst) price. Ordinarily I’ll track prices and cabin selections for 2-3 weeks before I book. If I don’t see significant movement on either, I’ll just book!

I did miss out on a Haven cabin on the Breakaway for less than $4K (which is a really good deal for a Haven Cabin) a couple of months ago. It was available one day, wanted to think about it, and it was gone the next day.

Closest out of NYC was a 7 night 10 days before in an awesome cabin.

Last April break we were about 25-30 before departure out of NYC. Only problem is a lot of reservations were booked on the breakaway. We got to the waiting room, got on wifi and the app, and within 10 minutes I had everything at the exact time I wanted.

flacousa

Did you book 2 days in advance directly through NCLcruiseline website?

Live near Tampa in the winter and just wondered about last minute opportunities.

Thanks.

Trough the website but last year I tried to book my son and girlfriend to a cruise I was going to board next day out of Miami less than 24 before departure using my NCL agent and she was ready to book them a cabin at the same price I was paying before they backed out because of previous commitments.

I'm pretty sure at last minute deal you can bargain for your price, to them is better than an empty cabin, since I have done 7 day Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel for $249 inside cabin out of Tampa, that would be a good offer to make and the most they can say is no, then you bargain from there up.

More than 90 days out?

I find it hard to plan what to take out of the freezer 8 hours ahead of dinner.

The longest I book ahead is 60 days, and that's only because I'm a teacher, and I know exactly when my spring break is. I book after we go back to school in January. I always book out of Manhattan so I can drive, so there are no "decisions" to make on that one.

For summer vacation, I have two months off, and so I get off school, get my head together, and then decide where I want to go. "Early" for me to book a summer cruise is about 5 weeks out, typically I just look starting early July until I see something good.

Caveat: We care NOTHING about cabin location, just whatever is cheap. That being said, we have never ended up on deck 4 or 5, except our first cruise (and we booked that over 90 days out!). Even with a late booking, we always end up on Deck 8 or better.

My daughter and I are going to Bermuda this summer...on Dawn or Escape....but she is completing a course and job hunting, so we just this morning had a conversation about waiting until she gets something and squeezing the cruise in before she starts.

If you're not fussy about cabin, you're absolutely fine to wait.