New Drinks Menu

Riocca

I note that there is a tequila sunrise on the chargable list of cocktails. As tequila, albeit a cheaper brand is available on the complimentary list, can I still enjoy a tequila sunrise without charge (assuming that orange juice is still free at the bar) or do I have to bring my own grenadine ?

I currently have 2 cruises booked with Azamara, but as I mentioned on another thread there is no way I am booking as far ahead as 2020. The Azamara I came to know and love may no longer be the same Azamara in two years time. It is certainly looking that way.

My husband asked for a tequila sunrise on Quest in April and was told it was no longer included. As I posted earlier, he also asked for a Rum Runner and was told the same thing.

Just figured out how they can say nothing has changed except the beer. The no change refers to the fact that you can get any drink made from the included liquor and that is still true. The game they are playing is that the included liquors have been significantly reduced and require the "customer" know what goes into their drink of choice. If you know the "new" liquor list has the correct ingredients, you should be able to get your drink of choice by telling the server or bartender. If you don't know you will be charged.

Not really too much different than sales where the price goes up the day the sale starts and the sale price brings the price back to the price that it was the previous day. Also like the heavily pushed discount you can choose to save it now or later. Only the save it now is good for the customer while the save it later is better for the company as when money is spent on board, the cost to the company is less than the price paid thus the savings to the customer are definitely less for the customer. A really easy decision for the customer to make and the company is banking on customers taking the save it later route.

This seems to occur at most companies and cruise lines but, some do it in a fair way and others try to have their cake and eat it too. Just like negotiations where it is possible to do better by gamesmanship.

NCL charges an 18% service charge on both the UBP and the specialty dining, so the free perks can add as much as another $300+ to your booking.

Yes, it was going to add another $138.50 PP to the cruise fare. Still much less expensive than Azamara.

Good news folks. I had a pre dinner drink in the the Living Room tonight on Quest and the waitress had no problem with me ordering a complimentary vodka martini . The complimentary Chianti Classico was also very good with the rib eye steak in the MDR.

Hooray!

Halifax York’s Cruiser

Not sure if you want to order one yourself but anyone had success with a Long Island Iced Tea as an included drink?

We’ve always liked the chianti it’s great with the rib eye

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Below are screenshots of the included alcohol before this blew up and from the website today. You’ll see why our worries haven’t been calmed and questions are being asked.

Before:

9957ad1302cdf69c16565aac35bcd684.jpg

7138079bc86aec66ab8561aae3bea60b.jpg

After:

6fb72d75b8646ef778a662880b3750d0.jpg

1cb46f2bba7df6b28ff5b1ad9c4ea04d.jpg

Phil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree Phil, I just cannot understand why Azamara has done this, surely all they need to do is revert back to the original list. If my memory is correct it took some time for the original lists to be shown on the website after similar discussions on CC some years ago.

All Bonnie has to do is confirm or otherwise that the original list is still in effect. How can included cocktails be made without the necccesary ingredients also included, it’s beyond belief. We are on Seabourn in a few weeks time, and will have none of this nonsense going on, hopefully by the time we sail on AZ in October it will be sorted to everyone’s satisfaction.

Thanks to this thread's contributors, I printed out over the weekend the earlier version of the included booze list. This list is the terms under which we booked. It is now in our travel binder to use on board in October. I never thought I would have to document what is included on our cruise.

Thanks to this thread's contributors, I printed out over the weekend the earlier version of the included booze list. This list is the terms under which we booked. It is now in our travel binder to use on board in October. I never thought I would have to document what is included on our cruise.

Great idea! I am cruising in October as well and sure hope this whole mess will be a distant memory but if not, I will have the old list in hand “. Martinis, whiskey sours and Long Island Teas are our desired cocktails.

Great idea! I am cruising in October as well and sure hope this whole mess will be a distant memory but if not, I will have the old list in hand “. Martinis, whiskey sours and Long Island Teas are our desired cocktails.

Unfortunately that list is not worth the paper it is printed on. Earlier in this thread it was noted that the list is subject to change. Not happy with this change but, all cruise lines have that caveat in their T's and C's and can change anything they choose including but, not limited to itinerary, time in ports, including drinks, etc.

Can you imagine if everything had to be exactly the same as the booking date for people booking 2 years or more in advance to say a month before. Would probably have multiple changes so that each person would have different available items, ports, drinks, meals, entertainment and the list goes on???

Nice idea but, unfortunately won't work.

NCL charges an 18% service charge on both the UBP and the specialty dining, so the free perks can add as much as another $300+ to your booking.

In the UK the UBP on NCL is part of the cruise fare and no additional service charge is applicable but, as I posted previously, we probably pay at least 30% more for the cruise.

Sabbo, Obviously you don't drink many Vodka Martini's! 😄

Don't give the Azamara bean counters any idea's though....they may take the slices of lemon off the included items as well!

Very true! I'm from the school that a true martini is with gin! God save my olives!

Just figured out how they can say nothing has changed except the beer. The no change refers to the fact that you can get any drink made from the included liquor and that is still true. The game they are playing is that the included liquors have been significantly reduced and require the "customer" know what goes into their drink of choice. If you know the "new" liquor list has the correct ingredients, you should be able to get your drink of choice by telling the server or bartender. If you don't know you will be charged.

Great....I guess I'll forego a pair of my shoes to make room for my Bartender's Guide so I'll know exactly how to tell the bartender to make my drinks, and what mix them with, so that they coincide with whichever drink list Azamara decides they want to go with at the time of my November cruise.

So now this begs some questions...

Since the drink packages are priced by the day, can one be purchased for fewer days than the entire cruise?

Is there a "wine only" package that provides for the upgraded wines?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

So now this begs some questions...

Since the drink packages are priced by the day, can one be purchased for fewer days than the entire cruise?

Is there a "wine only" package that provides for the upgraded wines?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

You can buy them at any point in the cruise for the remainder of the cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just a small point - vermouth is not a spirit but an aromatised fortified wine flavoured with various botanicals”.

I’m not keen on Martini vermouth and my preference would be for Carpano Antica in the negroni and Noilly Prat in the martini, but I can’t imagine they will ever be on the included list!