New Drinks Menu

Riocca

If drinks like vodka martini are still OK even though not on the new included list, it seems that ‘you can have a cocktail made with the included drinks’ means you can have any drink made with any of the ingredients that are in the cocktails on the included list. That’s the only way it makes sense!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is FAR too confusing, we all knew where we stood with the old menu. Now it seems I need a degree in mixology to work it out, especially as there can be so many variants in how to make even a named cocktail.

If drinks like vodka martini are still OK even though not on the new included list, it seems that ‘you can have a cocktail made with the included drinks’ means you can have any drink made with any of the ingredients that are in the cocktails on the included list. That’s the only way it makes sense!

We are now home and not being cocktail drinkers really don’t have a horse in this race. I wasn’t going to post anything else and risk another 30+ pages, however I think your right. My understanding was spirits are listed but “ingredients” aren’t and you can have anything that can be made from those. I think that the new menu was simplified in an illogical way and it initially confused both staff and passengers but after a couple of days on Journey it was all resolved. Maybe the same applies to Quest, personally I regret starting this thread but if I hadn’t I’m sure someone else would have.

As regards our experience Bonnie’s answer is correct don’t believe there’s any hidden agenda just some illogical thinking, from our point of view it’s a storm in a martini glass and the matter is closed!!!

Just had another thought! The new list of spirits is just that, branded spirits. The old list was a mixture of spirits, liqueurs and vermouths. Are they saying that vermouths are included, just not named on the list. If so, what about liqueurs. None of the liqueurs that were on the old list are on the charged list as they were not shown as a ‘brand’ so are they still included if used in a cocktail, or just not carried?

All the charged cocktails now list their ingredients including the brand - all charged brands. Is this whole change simply about branding?

Just had another thought! The new list of spirits is just that, branded spirits. The old list was a mixture of spirits, liqueurs and vermouths. Are they saying that vermouths are included, just not named on the list. If so, what about liqueurs. None of the liqueurs that were on the old list are on the charged list as they were not shown as a ‘brand’ so are they still included if used in a cocktail, or just not carried?

All the charged cocktails now list their ingredients including the brand - all charged brands. Is this whole change simply about branding?

Good questions.

I repeat, please Azamara give us the list of drinks of what we can order without having to be experts on how to prepare drinks and with which ingredients.

Ivi

Good questions.

I repeat, please Azamara give us the list of drinks of what we can order without having to be experts on how to prepare drinks and with which ingredients.

Ivi

I'm with you travelberlin. Approaching 360 posts and I still haven't a clue if I will be able to enjoy a complimentary Kir Royale on my forthcoming cruise as I have in the past

I'm with you travelberlin. Approaching 360 posts and I still haven't a clue if I will be able to enjoy a complimentary Kir Royale on my forthcoming cruise as I have in the past

It’s only 10.30 am here in Ibiza but just for you Spursgirl I will try ordering a Kir Royale at Pool bar at lunchtime.

The sun is always over the Yard Arm somewhere in the world!

I think our lovely Yorkshire cruiser may have it right re the menus, like Ivi I so want to see that list, it can’t be rocket science as I bet the bar tenders have a “crib sheet”

And HalifaxYorksCruiser maybe a Long Island Iced Tea this afternoon, after all afternoon tea is a British tradition. I never drank them because I always thought they had cold tea in them until a few years ago when (unfortunately) ExcitedofHarpenden educated me. It was downhill from that day!

I think that this might be at the heart of it.

If, as has been suggested, it is just a simplifying of the list, with only spirits listed and other things are ingredients, but not listed, why not just tell us exactly that. It still doen’t explain why a Vodka Martini, or a Long Island Iced Tea for example aren’t on the cocktail list.

I feel for any Azamara newbie who doesn’t read this forum, they will just take the list at face value!

I’m still confused, pity help the bar staff!

T

The sun is always over the Yard Arm somewhere in the world!

I think our lovely Yorkshire cruiser may have it right re the menus, like Ivi I so want to see that list, it can’t be rocket science as I bet the bar tenders have a “crib sheet”

And HalifaxYorksCruiser maybe a Long Island Iced Tea this afternoon, after all afternoon tea is a British tradition. I never drank them because I always thought they had cold tea in them until a few years ago when (unfortunately) ExcitedofHarpenden educated me. It was downhill from that day!

My wife says that on our first day a couple of ladies at the next table to us on pool deck got a couple of Long Island Iced teas on the complimentary list. The ladies had a print out of the old lisxt with them that they had been given by the Guest Relations desk staff.

I couldn’t last out until lunch. Pleased to report that the barman at the Pool bar had no problem at all with me getting a Kir Royale on the complimentary. Cheers everyone from a sunny Quest pool deck.

That sounds promising! Don’t wish to turn you into an alcoholic, :D but could you try for a Cosmopolitan. :p

This is a disgrace.

The likelihood is that the included drinks and/or ingredients is significantly reduced as is now printed on their paper menus and their website. Azamara has probably already made an enormous amount of money on increased beverage sales with this. Odds are, the 30 or 50 or so of us ticked off cruise critic types doesn’t compare with the huge number of passengers who were less familiar and who are spending more $$$$ daily as we guess and debate endlessingly what their new policy just might be. We are the minority. Cha-ching.

Some 18 pages and hundreds of posts and the bottom line can be summed up in one word: havoc. Whether Azamara is disorganized or deceptive no longer matters to me. One passenger in one bar is able to order a thus-n-so and another passenger is another bar is not. Azamara’s staff seems as confused as their paying customers on this thread. Their rep, Bonnie, clearly doesn’t know the policy either, needing days to get an answer she should have known before being asked, an answer that should be clear, consistent, simple and straight forward.

Azamara, stop it! Please clearly state your policy, be specific and consistent on all venues, and stand by it.

I couldn’t last out until lunch. Pleased to report that the barman at the Pool bar had no problem at all with me getting a Kir Royale on the complimentary. Cheers everyone from a sunny Quest pool deck.

Fabulous news. Thanks again. Enjoy the rest of your cruise

Below are screenshots of the included alcohol before this blew up and from the website today. You’ll see why our worries haven’t been calmed and questions are being asked.

Before:

9957ad1302cdf69c16565aac35bcd684.jpg

7138079bc86aec66ab8561aae3bea60b.jpg

After:

6fb72d75b8646ef778a662880b3750d0.jpg

1cb46f2bba7df6b28ff5b1ad9c4ea04d.jpg

Phil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is sounding more and more like these new menus involve some type of marketing agreement between Azamara and the liquor distributors (as in $$) . I don't see any other explanation....

That makes us very happy! Thanks for your research on our behalf and hope you have a wonderful cruise. Only two weeks to go for Spursgirl and myself before we board Quest and we are really looking forward to it. 😄

I fear the new list hasn't yet made its way to all the staff, and soon we will hear of more passengers being told their cocktail of choice isn't included, as we were told last month.

This is very disappointing. I haven't really liked Azamara much better than the mainstream lines, aside from the smaller ships--we've sailed with them because of PerryGolf--but their included alcoholic beverages have been one of their pluses. I'm not much of a drinker, but because I don't drink wine it was nice to have a good selection of cocktails.