NCL booking lies

cingroomer

This is my first and probably last cruise on NCL. When we booked our cruise it said pick 2 which we chose the Shore Excursions and the Dining. It also said we would get an OBC of 50.00....Well, it turns out thats a lie. The 50.00 OBC is the dining credit, it clearly states on my reservation the 2 perks I chose and the OBC. This is very deceptive. Plus the site doesn't give you much information on dining. Do I need ressies, is it open dining, how do I switch from the excursion perk to something else since there is nothing I would like to do on the excursions. Since we booked through a TA no one at NCL wants to even help. I am deeply disgusted with their service and lies so far and hope that a great cruise makes up for it since they aren't cheap by far.

If anyone has any insider info they would like to share I would love to hear it. We are clueless about the little extras that people that cruise with a line consistently know. We will be on the Sun for a 3 day cruise.

NCL won't talk to you because technically the booking belongs to your TA, not to you.

Since you dealt with a TA, you probably need to look to them for answers and not NCL, but answering your questions is pretty easy. The excursion credit is a $50 credit per cabin awarded after the excursion. If you don't take an excursion you do not get the credit. IMO it is really not a very good perk.

If you want to switch to another perk, just let your TA know, they have to handle it. You can switch to any perks that existed at the time you booked without penalty. If you select the drinks package you have to pay the gratuities on the retail value of it (appx $100 pp on a 7 day cruise).

If you actually have a separate $50 OBC that NCL gave youu then you should see that on your myNCL.com page. If it is not showing up there speak with your TA. If the TA gave you the OBC, it will not show up until your second day on the ship.

A TA told you that NCL was giving you OBC, or the TA is giving you OBC? Unless NCL told you directly that they are giving you OBC, how did they lie to you? Seems like the TA has either led you astray or is giving you OBC, that may not show up prior to the cruise on documents from NCL. I had $200 from a TA last year from a TA that did not show on any NCL documents, but it was there when we checked in at the dock.

OP - I agree with the information provided by the above CC users. As far as ressies (reservations?), Freestyle dining does not require them. Take a look and the FAQs on NCL.com and a lot of what you called "lies" will be answered. It seems your TA did not explain how NCL works.

I am a little surprised that anyone who is confused about the process would automatically assume that NCL is lying to them.

The dining package has nothing to do with the OBC. You will have the requisite number of specialty restaurants. The various restaurants are shown on the NCL website and can be booked in advance. You can also do a search and find the menus for these restaurants to help decide which ones.

Like most things in life, doing one's homework is part of the equation.

I do not always accept my interpretation of offers made. Follow up with research and questions. Cruise Critic is a great resource. Especially if you have never cruised before or jumping to a new cruise line.

Excursion credit is one most people do not seem to understand. As already posted, not really worth that much as you have to book your excursion through NCL . Not discount on excursion but posted as OBC after COMPLETING the excursion.

Also, Free Drinks is one many are not happy about once they realize they must pay 20% gratuity on what NCL values the package to be.(this keeps changing, as in increasing, all the time)

Too bad Suites no longer get gratuities included in this perk. One reason we no longer are happy with NCL.

We recently jumped from NCL (Plat+) to another cruise line.

Did research on how they do things both before and during the cruise. Was able to learn that we could get a status match (from Cruise Critic ) .

Bottom line...Ask Questions to your TA.

This is my first and probably last cruise on NCL. When we booked our cruise it said pick 2 which we chose the Shore Excursions and the Dining. It also said we would get an OBC of 50.00....Well, it turns out thats a lie. The 50.00 OBC is the dining credit, it clearly states on my reservation the 2 perks I chose and the OBC. This is very deceptive. Plus the site doesn't give you much information on dining. Do I need ressies, is it open dining, how do I switch from the excursion perk to something else since there is nothing I would like to do on the excursions. Since we booked through a TA no one at NCL wants to even help. I am deeply disgusted with their service and lies so far and hope that a great cruise makes up for it since they aren't cheap by far.

If anyone has any insider info they would like to share I would love to hear it. We are clueless about the little extras that people that cruise with a line consistently know. We will be on the Sun for a 3 day cruise.

I do not see lying by NCL, rather I see a great deal of confusion on your part. Do some research before you lash out at the cruise line. If you booked with a TA the cruise line will only deal with the TA. You can get a wealth of information on your cruise if you sign on to the NCL web site and then register with NCL using your reservation number.

It sounds like your issue is with your TA, not with NCL. If you go on the NCL website and book a 3-day Sun cruise your pick-2 options include the following:

Specialty Dining

More Details Less Details Bon appétit! Savor a Free $50 Specialty Dining Credit.

Shore Excursion Credit

More Details Less Details Adventure out with a Free $50 Shore Excursion Credit at each port of call during your cruise.

Clear as day... no deception. ;)

Another example of why I usually avoid TAs. I feel more comfortable spending a little time researching the offers from the cruise line rather than letting a third party interpret the offer. TAs tend to oversell and blame their misstatements and errors on the cruise line.

Crystal clear....straight from the booking screen..........

Choose the offer you are most interested in.

FREE AT SEA

Add 2 Free Offers to your cruise

• Specialty Dining
      • Bon appétit! Savor a Free $50 Specialty Dining Credit.

[*]

• Shore Excursion Credit
      • Adventure out with a Free $50 Shore Excursion Credit at each port of call during your cruise.