Celebrity site new login screens

Z'Loth

Am I being more than usually stupid or does anybody else from the UK have a problem with the hyperlinks on the site now? Where there is a hyperlink to a .com URL (from the picture about Captain's Club tiers for example) the site just defaults back to the UK home page. It looks like there is a permanent redirect in place such that any reference to a celebrity US page just defaults to the UK site home page. Maybe I have missed a setting somewhere.

Well, after a frustrating beginning trying to get on, I did, and hoped finally that the "remember me" would work. Having the screen name rememebered was all I asked (has not worked for me since the last overhaul last year).

It was finicky all day, sometimes I'd see the polka dots and others, it would tell me I had a problem and get an email to link to my account, which led me to more polka dots. I got on last night on Chrome and liked the site pretty well, except I still have trouble navigating between reservations (have to sign out of one and then go back to pull up all reservations again), but maybe it is me.

I held my breath this morning when I hit sign in, but guess what? It opened without me even putting in my password. I don't ever choose to have my passwords remembered by sites so don't know if that's a good thing or not. At least it opens! :D

Hello - Their Captain's Club accounts are based on unique numbers, and they will always be able to access them. They will need individual email addresses to create an account.

They will need individual email addresses? ***? Another well thought out idea by the X IT team.

I can sign in to the new web site...two accounts, one for me, one for my DW. When I look at the accounts, I see four cruises booked in my DW's account, but I don't see them when I sign on with my account. Captain's club numbers are all correct as is all the other information. Two cruises for this year are missing from both accounts.

One other very worrisome area is that our selected perk on two of the cruises has changed from classic drink package to the OBC perk ($300 per cabin).

You would be wise to check the perks on any booked cruises. Note: to check, go to cruise planner for that cruise and you will see a box open that tells you how much you have in the way of OBC. If it's too high, then contact your TA to get it corrected.

I have already called the celebrity hot line...and they have no idea why I can't see any cruises on my account and only four of the six booked cruises on my wife's account. They have sent it to IT to get it fixed (which was my private laugh of the day)

Yesterday I signed in using my username and password. Today the X site wouldn't accept that - I had to use my email address. So much for consistency.

At least my data was still there.

Well, after a frustrating beginning trying to get on, I did, and hoped finally that the "remember me" would work. Having the screen name rememebered was all I asked (has not worked for me since the last overhaul last year).

It was finicky all day, sometimes I'd see the polka dots and others, it would tell me I had a problem and get an email to link to my account, which led me to more polka dots. I got on last night on Chrome and liked the site pretty well, except I still have trouble navigating between reservations (have to sign out of one and then go back to pull up all reservations again), but maybe it is me.

I held my breath this morning when I hit sign in, but guess what? It opened without me even putting in my password. I don't ever choose to have my passwords remembered by sites so don't know if that's a good thing or not. At least it opens! :D

v - polka dots??? When did the pink elephants arrive?? :D

Glad you were able to access as desired and expected...

bon voyage

For those of you, like me, who use the Celebrity login to view their Azamara cruise history, this has now disappeared and it only lists Celebrity cruises taken. Whether this means anything (like the Azamara site will get their own cruise history page or there will be a split within the points earning) I don’t know.

Phil

Had the exact same experience -- things are OK if you open a new incognito window though. They are obviously storing a cookie in the browser. To fix, got to clear those out but I hate to do that, kind of a pain for all other sites.

Update: cleared out cookies and tried signing in again...had to use email address rather than user name for sign in since I was forced to change passwords just before. So if your user name/password doesn't work, use email address/password.

Had to add in my upcoming cruises too! The most annoying thing and this has been since the last change is that I can no longer find the due date for the final payments. That is really annoying. Why are they sooooo bad at the website. They are such a well managed company. How can they be so bad at this.

v - polka dots??? When did the pink elephants arrive?? :D

Glad you were able to access as desired and expected...

bon voyage

Not really funny...I spent a good part of an hour dealing with the 'polka dots'; very frustrating. Finally, cleared cookies, created a new password, and was able to access. It was if the site wanted to work, but got stuck on the black screen with white dots and wouldn't move forward.

I had to reset my password, but was not able to put in my own name. A year or so ago my husband's name replaced mine for some unknown reason and on the new login I am welcomed by his first and middle name. My email and screen name are still there, but all the other info is his. He has never logged on to the site. Apart from that, and the fact that my Captain's Club number and cruise history have disappeared it seems to work.

I just completed the login by selecting the reset pswd road trip. I got a message that my request couldn't be processed or some such and to try later. I ignored that and proceeded to login using my email and the new password.

Only one cruise is visible, the one I booked directly through Celebrity. The other two that booked with a third party cruise handler I had to had to add myself. The second screen in the adding process asked me for my name. I selected my name which now shows up on the upcoming cruises dashboard.

No more wine with Cruise Critic! 😉

But we may need alot more wine to survive the new website!

So far its okay for us...( fingers crossed) . We are using dh e mail as the logon and I try to stay away from it...fat fingers!

I just tried it now. There’s a message that says, “Sorry I missed you, but I’m on a cruise right now. Here’s a number to call etc”. At least someone there has a sense of humour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah, it got me too. Hadn't been on their website for quite a while, but we booked a cruise with them yesterday, so I tried to get on. Got the 'need to change your password screen, figured, ok, maybe it's been a year or so and they need new data. Did all the stuff they asked; have never been able to get on since.

Tried again today. Very frustrating and I am not sure how in the heck to get into our newly booked cruise to scope out options, etc.

I just tried it now. There’s a message that says, “Sorry I missed you, but I’m on a cruise right now. Here’s a number to call etc”. At least someone there has a sense of humour.

I keep getting that screen as well...

Curiously enough, I can go around it by going to the check-in screen and plugging in my reservation number for my Alaska cruise...and, at least, it brings me to that reservation...but nothing else. Then, when I plug in the reservation number for my SE Asia cruise, it goes right back to the "Sorry I missed you" screen!

I had to be patient yesterday... and finally the polka dots disappeared and a great new web site replaced the dots!! I liked the new site!

Then... just now...

"Sorry I missed you, I’m currently on a cruise for some much needed downtime. Be back soon!

Sincerely yours,

The Celebrity Website"

I signed on but the screen is dead. Nothing is hot. However, the FEEDBACK tab on the right is "working" so I sent them a nice little note about how crappy their website is and how do they expect to sell cruises if customers can't search blah blah blah.

The website is currently ‘on vacation’. I noticed I’d been given a one day New Years cruise but that one went bye bye before they shut down the website,

What I don’t understand is why Royal Caribbean, the parent company, uploaded the older version - that previously failed on the RCI website almost three months ago. It took two months for that new website to allow me access to my account. Cruising in August, fortunately printed the paperwork last week.

Stupid management decision and I’d be firing someone. Unfortunately, the RCI corporate IT department has been substandard for years and the customers suffer. Another plus for Princess and Holland America, both under the Carnival umbrella - while not perfect, the website is easy to maneuver, book what you want, prepay gratuities without making a phone call, etc.

Carnival = 10

RCI = -1

Corporate management should be required to explain this fiasco to their stockholders and customers.

Interestingly, my RCI password is now also my Celebrity site password. Never changed it, guess it is part of the “site merging”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the tip, nothing I did would let me logon. I would just go in circles and back to the page to enter email and security info. When I entered my email it would just say it exists, then I would click the "sign in" link try my email as username and it wouldn't let me logon. I then reset my password twice but it just brought me back to the enter email and security page where I was back to where i started.

So took your advice and even after clicking the reset password twice I entered my email and RCL password and I got in.

I finally got in today by using my email address rather than user name. And the new password they made me do yesterday. But, I have no high hopes that this will work tomorrow!

Is there a way to purchase a dining package? Like 3 or 5, at a discount? I thought there was but I can't find it on the site.

It worked - but I wouldn't say "fine".

My main beef is the frustrating navigation system - you might think that a cruise line would know about navigation - I seem to spend a lot of time going round in circles or hitting dead ends. I accept that they want pretty pictures of the ships and that they want to sell more cruises, but it should be reasonably easy to get past the fancy front page and into a more workmanlike menu system for entering details and checking options.

I guess we all live in hope. "Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place.” - Mandy Hale

I am with you on this issue. I worked my way through all the above problems and managed to access my account. But from there several links just land me on the Celebrity Cruises Home page with all the 'pretty' pictures.

When I click the link 'View Exclusive Captains Club Offers' I am on the Home page, so not actually very 'exclusive'. If I click for 'Flights by Celebrity' - same thing. And if I click on my Captains Club number or my Tier, same thing. All very frustrating!!

And as for the phone numbers shown at all points on the main website, and Captains Club - the cost is 7pence a minute!! That would not be so bad if you were not left on hold, but that is the norm. Internet searches can find free numbers but why not have them on the website as in the U.S.?

I am with you on this issue. I worked my way through all the above problems and managed to access my account. But from there several links just land me on the Celebrity Cruises Home page with all the 'pretty' pictures.

It's an issue for us UK users. The URLs that you go to when clicking on the pictures are all for the US web site. If you use the .com site at any time you are redirected to the .co.uk site homepage. You can see that if you just key in www.celebritycruises.com in your address bar - you are automatically redirected to the UK site. Therefore any links to the US site are useless for us in the UK and I suspect other parts of the world outside of North America.

Another example of ill thought through design and incomplete testing I'm afraid.

Here's a radical idea for their IT folks. The final stage of pre-production testing is normally what we refer to in the UK as User Acceptance Testing which is done after the IT guys have finished their system and integration testing by real users of the systems, Since the users in this case are us the consumers, many of whom have some time on their hands why not set up a test panel to use the new releases prior to dumping them on us. It will give them some better press and who knows they might have some way of rewarding the members of the panel to make it worth their while.

Edited by John182

For those of you, like me, who use the Celebrity login to view their Azamara cruise history, this has now disappeared and it only lists Celebrity cruises taken. Whether this means anything (like the Azamara site will get their own cruise history page or there will be a split within the points earning) I don’t know.

Phil

When I noticed my Azamara cruises were missing, I called Celebrity. They said they are working on that issue.