Question about Blu

We are in the awkward position of traveling with both adult and minor children who will not be in AquaClass. Does anyone know if we are able to bring the minor child into Blu with us in the evening if he's not in our cabin?

The situation is that we will have one of our adult children sharing a cabin with the teenage minor child.

And AQ class is strictly limited to occupancy by 2 per cabin

You can meet the family in the MDR, buffet or specialty venues but not in BLU...maitre ds stick very closely to the rules, esp this one...

You could re book the adult child and minor into AQ class in order to get BLU access for them both...minor could then dine with you and adult could either join you or meet up with the other non AQ family members.,.

Maitre d's almost always follow this rule closely. And to be fair, they should. People pay money for the privilege of dining in Blu by booking the usually higher priced AQ cabins. It would really not be fair to them to make exceptions. If your conscience wouldn't bother you anyway, you could always ask, but expect to be told no.

**Blu is very adult oriented. Plan on MDR.

You would be placing the Maitre'd in an uncomfortable position. You want his good will.

Speaking as an old one who has been there**

We haven't found that actually. Part of why I want to bring the 16 yo is that I've frequently noticed that there are families dining together in Blu and it's made me wish my (nearly grown) kids were traveling with us.

We solved the problem by reserving an AquaClass cabin for the 16 and 23 yo's.

OTOH I have noticed that Luminae is more adult oriented, I don't think I've even seen teens in there the last few times we've traveled.

**That's a bummer because that's the real draw for Aqua and you are going to miss out. Yea, you get the spa but that's not worth any extra money.

enjoy the cruise though, fun to travel with family.**

We definitely won't miss out. My DH will only travel in AquaClass or Suites. He would rather not cruise than have to eat in the MDR. He's crowd-averse.

I've currently booked all of us in AquaClass but fingers crossed that SkySuites open up.(yn)(yn)(yn)(yn)(yn):(

Yes they are allowed.

Aqua Cabins are limited to two occupants. it is possible to have children in an adjoining cabin to their parents', or having a child sharing a cabin with an adult. I know of a family of two adults and four children dining together -- they had booked three Aqua rooms.

Yes they are allowed.

Aqua Cabins are limited to two occupants. it is possible to have children in an adjoining cabin to their parents', or having a child sharing a cabin with an adult. I know of a family of two adults and four children dining together -- they had booked three Aqua rooms.

Also, you may see children there who are staying with their parents in a suite...

Very true. The point is, there is no rule against children dining in Blue, you just never see very many.

When you think about it, the cruise line can just about guarantee no children in Blu. There are generally no kids in Aqua Class (only 2 to a cabin) and suites are admitted to Blu on a "space available basis" which really means it is up to the Maitre'd.

Hank

No, they can't make any such guarantee. There is nothing to stop families from booking Aqua Class in multiple staterooms. There is currently no regulation that says that all passengers in Aqua must be of a certain age. Families in suites may also request Blue, and since families often like to eat early, they will probably find that their request will be granted.

There were a few children in Blu on our recent 14-day cruise, but not many. They were kept to the same standards as the adults regarding dress. One young man showed up with his family to dine in Blu on the ship's chic night in shorts, and had to go back to his cabin to change before he was admitted. Neither he nor his family made a fuss about it. We just happened to notice because we were seated near the entryway.