Why Miami?

Then my honeymoon cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas in 1998 out of Port Everglades was in my imagination.

RCL didn’t cruise out of Port Everglades prior to 2009 when Oasis was launch

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If that's your criteria, then the PortMiami Tunnel off of 395 provides far superior access to a port, so that doesn't quite cut it.

Not sure what your comparison is. I live just off I-75 south of Tampa... I take it south, and I end up at Port Everglades without changing to another road.

Not sure what you mean about "doesn't quite cut it." It was really just a note of how easy it is to get from Tampa to the Port Everglades.

I prefer port of Miami than Port Everglades

If you are not taking the oasis class ship they send you a newly renovated terminal which for me still ugly and old. I don’t remember the number but it’s the one to the right once you enter the terminal. Now, if you are lucky to sail in the oasis class ship police officers are so rude for no reason directing traffic. If a family is dropping me we barely can’t say good bye because they start yelling you to move your car. Once inside the terminal the vast majority of employees are over 65 which I don’t care but I do when they are not the most happier employee in a business. Eating at windjammer and looking out , the view is ugly.

On the other hand, port of Miami has a semi new tunnel, future new royal terminal, no one is rushing you while dropping your friends or family and employees are nicer

No wonder port of Miami is recognized globally as the “ Cruise Capital of the World”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure what your comparison is. I live just off I-75 south of Tampa... I take it south, and I end up at Port Everglades without changing to another road.

Not sure what you mean about "doesn't quite cut it." It was really just a note of how easy it is to get from Tampa to the Port Everglades.

You can get all the way from MCO to my front door on one road.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I normally switch over to the turnpike at Ft Pierce. This time I stayed on I95 on a Friday afternoon. Traffic was definitely not non-existent through Palm Beach and the Ft Lauderdale area on I95.

I don't understand switching to the turnpike at Jupiter either. Just stay on i95, outside of rush hour, traffic is non existent through palm beach and broward.

We were jaded by Miami's Ultra Music Festival on one cruise. Two days of heavy traffic and the floor of the hotel vibrating. We probably should have gotten over it by now but we usually stay in Lauderdale and then head to Miami on embarkation day.

Yeah we stayed in a cool Art Deco hotel on Ocean Drive in 1998 after a Carnival cruise. Couldn’t sleep as people coming home all night drunk making a heck of a racket. I love driving thru there when I have nothing else to do, but I prefer to sleep elsewhere, any else where!:eek:

JC

Then my honeymoon cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas in 1998 out of Port Everglades was in my imagination.

Was on Enchantment 3-4 times out of Port Everglades 1998-2000. One cruise might been Fleet Week, was a few US Navy ships in Port including Aircraft Carrier... Next time was there and one of the B2 Bombers flew right over us. Was cool as it was very new 20 yrs ago and had my kids with me...

You obviously don't know that you don't drive through downtown anymore to get to the port...

The PortMiami tunnel opened years ago. It connects directly to the highway. You come out of the tunnel at the cruise parking. It couldn't be faster or easier.

I'm also not sure what you mean about the drive past Monkey Jungle being the worst for the highway. Monkey Jungle is nowhere near any highway.

I drive our camper as well and I am sorry, I just can't relate to your doomsday view of South Florida. It's just kind of odd. But more importantly, other people read these forums and accuracy is important. What if someone changed their plans because of your comments about disastrous traffic that doesn't actually exist?

Turnpike, exit 11 to Monkey jungle always a bad spot.

And thanks for making it seem I carry such power and clout....but I am simply relaying my own personal experience. Forgot you were in the back seat. :eek:;)

Beautiful launch last night. No pictures though. Nice rumble, big crowd for 12:45 am

I missed it...was in Orlando visiting Mickey and friends. :o Delayed many times, wish I could have seen it.

Now, if you are lucky to sail in the oasis class ship police officers are so rude for no reason directing traffic. If a family is dropping me we barely can’t say good bye because they start yelling you to move your car.

My wife and I were trying to figure out why the police are so rude at PE. So I guess it's not just us.

Count me in now that PE is off the books till November when the Allure comes back

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm confused, Allure is headed to Miami in November.

As long as Terminal is done.[emoji6]

I normally switch over to the turnpike at Ft Pierce. This time I stayed on I95 on a Friday afternoon. Traffic was definitely not non-existent through Palm Beach and the Ft Lauderdale area on I95.

I thought I wrote pretty clearly. "Outside of rush hour."

I'm confused, Allure is headed to Miami in November.

As long as Terminal is done.[emoji6]

November 2019 back to Fort Lauderdale I believe

Sent from my iPad using Forums