much talk about the new coffee card ... what about a really OLD coffee card

BuckeyeMark

Going through travel stuff and lo and behold ... found a coffee card from 2012 on the Star Princess and it HAS PUNCHES LEFT ON IT!

Anybody have any experience with that? Will they honor it? It's a little ratty but it's still clearly a princess coffee card.

If you have any intentions of buying a new coffee card next cruise be sure to use it first before finishing using you old coffee card. The punches on the old coffee card are good forever and the new one is time limited until the end of this year right now.

If you have any intentions of buying a new coffee card next cruise be sure to use it first before finishing using you old coffee card. The punches on the old coffee card are good forever and the new one is time limited until the end of this year right now.

Our new coffee cards from Ruby Princess from our May 19 to 26, cruise a couple weeks ago were smaller in size, but had no expiration date. Hoping they realized this was a bad idea to have expiration date on these!

Our new coffee cards from Ruby Princess from our May 19 to 26, cruise a couple weeks ago were smaller in size, but had no expiration date. Hoping they realized this was a bad idea to have expiration date on these!

On the Crown last week they didnt put in the name of the ship but did have expiry date. Last day of the cruise ordered brewed coffee and crewmember insisted he put in ships name. Since they are not extending expiry date past the current 12/31/2018 I declined to have him do that.

At that point lost interest in the coffee and walked away

Going through travel stuff and lo and behold ... found a coffee card from 2012 on the Star Princess and it HAS PUNCHES LEFT ON IT!

Anybody have any experience with that? Will they honor it? It's a little ratty but it's still clearly a princess coffee card.

I had a card from the Coral in 2009 ("King of Cups" style) and was able to use it on the Royal in April with no problem. All the baristas either said they hadn't seen one before, or commented that it was a really old card, but they were all willing to accept it.

I had a card from the Coral in 2009 ("King of Cups" style) and was able to use it on the Royal in April with no problem. All the baristas either said they hadn't seen one before, or commented that it was a really old card, but they were all willing to accept it.
We had an old “Queen of Steam?” card that we used up about a year and a half ago with no problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't understand...why didn't you want the barista to do his/her job - that included putting the ship name on any coffee cards presented to them??

strange

So they could use it on there next cruise, obvious really

I don't understand...why didn't you want the barista to do his/her job - that included putting the ship name on any coffee cards presented to them??

strange

Bought the card the first day of a 14 day cruise and used it repeatedly for coffee specialty drinks and brewed coffee and nobody wanted to put ships name on it until day 14.

Bought the card the first day of a 14 day cruise and used it repeatedly for coffee specialty drinks and brewed coffee and nobody wanted to put ships name on it until day 14.

I must be missing something. Isn't the expiration date the important factor. Why would it matter what ship name is on the card? It still expires on the same date.

I thought the end of the year also. I posted this a few weeks ago,but got no responses. Can it be because the coffee cards were from mini bar trade-in?? Here is the story:

Here’s what happened to us on the Emerald , this pasted April 27th - May 9th cruise. We changed out our mini bar for 2 coffee cards. Called for this right when we boarded @ 12:45pm . Had to make many calls as they never came. 48 hours later we finally got our cards with an expiration date of June 2018. We had other cards we were using, so we just gave those away to people on that cruise . Our next cruise isn’t until September.

We were very surprised by that date.

At the Slott Pull we had, we were all comparing our expiration dates on the coffee cards we all finally received. They were all different.

So all of you can try to figure that out. We sure didn’t want to ask passenger service desk, they didn’t answer the phone, most times when we called.

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

Now that's the first time I hear about no expiration date in a while.

Like you said, maybe they thought this through more thoughtfully & hopefully saw the flaw in the idea. :)

Now that's the first time I hear about no expiration date in a while.

Like you said, maybe they thought this through more thoughtfully & hopefully saw the flaw in the idea. :)

There have been photos of “new” coffee cards from at least two ships. The “new” cards only had the front side of the card printed and the back was blank with none of the “fine print” details like free fresh brewed coffee for the voyage on which the card was purchased. Looks like those two ships just ran out of cards and the print shop just printed some of their own. One had an expiration date of 12/31/2018 stamped on the back and the other didn’t.

There have been photos of “new” coffee cards from at least two ships. The “new” cards only had the front side of the card printed and the back was blank with none of the “fine print” details like free fresh brewed coffee for the voyage on which the card was purchased. Looks like those two ships just ran out of cards and the print shop just printed some of their own. One had an expiration date of 12/31/2018 stamped on the back and the other didn’t.

I guess I haven't been keeping up with the latest versions.

I can only wonder what will be happening shortly as we reach mid-year?

Will they completely abandon the expiration date or extend it to 2019 some time?

Like food, coffee is subjective. I wanted to see what all the standing in line for coffee was all about at the International Cafe. I ordered a coffee and sat down. I don't get it, the coffee was horrible! I saw no difference in the "fresh brewed" coffee vs Lido buffet coffee. I didn't drink it, just left it on the table. I'm so glad I brought the Starbucks (which I'm not a fan of their company) Columbia instant coffee in the small tube packs. What a great cup of coffee. Comes out to about 70 cents a cup. We bring our own Cappuccino too. We order hot water from room service every morning and it works out great!

I posted earlier that we received a smaller card with no expiration date. Tried to get a decent picture for all of

you to see. This is the front of old card versus new on the right.

Tpv23Ig5UaXNWC6_RWrtg_0ClTWYIW70LIt9yOmtqLSXc2ACjRs7ezq7MZpdum3OtvKkJ1MdgymRtkKuJh3IUbJWMZohVWPnSinClZx3c6nsyuOnVTP_Z0QJ021HihlhQmF2JAPuDgMcyH-0jJTpRslwyuw8a7EJOF_HpvxXbGbn_2rZ8hVfc-Cn_Jp9yNSez44kyJElr1CNTT3EeuR3W2oLCoVYOIcV-Zc8RNWWmeJXDBPD42mMdCzGey9Fk68zQYwQ0Pt9svN0IgOB3K9mFBSO3_WJE6U2jVfUbW5M4_IAiiuBC8uuhEod7oIlR0lishXAl9i9UOI76B6p9H74Hgm7Ki1AKgdnjIaYbLHkQjnQWAWML0BILMR4tWUv1Js-hiu6iYPLXVayV3IEd6OrWi3AFPfxS3fJyiEh-OJ3OjIj8xDvyxaXvcfiyB7NPQCcj7dEUM3zHEoMUcjB-IIUVJJcFmMVD-pSjocFvP6hq01G2bvs831879MxMdzRvxaKs_vcmRCuwjL8ZxefpeiL1rM_f8-TX1e5jTxc-TYNX8ZuLybuK5ZdN5PGqhWsW37AL4WtQPFkSb_0FkDl5nHBZfS49ZZL0ZM5GtB8zCjoNe5OQ533vYUczbWjLhwmtebqGhaAqd63G0P-Y0MqR046CSgbKB4PJ_GqLw=w1518-h2024-no

rRV4k0UXFmYnaqBAu8xLwu1rsL1ns8pIU9P2-oOxeWtMYjsFFI66CdjGIR_8qv49-Gu5yRmD5AD-F9G-gO4od4uGmTZUaCphYX2phukmE5_3EShCege6RZvmoVFc-VrMsZzrPRjF46n1R7ElDX2VebPBhCFA5m4CTq1v-b__4dGbQ6uy-PN2_X7GqGC4ckYFectqA3WC45daNvwVH-LIx56cihULlk_Smrupf861bL9L6K3hiYwyaA-swA8K1pXrCvIP0eHQ8xRJihxDh0sU6PN2rAegM6LARKd-V2vNGelzbi-l5sf5k5PCjsjd6hJeVqOXZmTchraiXFmX2eDwjAUXDZBnnyngafc3ci5ewrx0iWO3K8qJAIgHnAevCX90uJClJNCKCav1K_my9ye4WsuAlYFZBKrECq4ng9cTXPZ9oZPg60Dy8DrURzzABID2TuvMQUgRjPD8EMbbr0zqLrfWPuiMrk3GRXDY1agDn69q9ZFr9WLUwwaazLlUzyCEtZmzAyOkTRJXQXD-IiVWPB6ua7E24F9ov2N1smXBEJRMS2e0jWO0cEu5dVMFTEgIaGTFN8ExV9Bo20bDSOEKDCm_1s0y29ji1f1yYcw87yCwTBLJrt966DrxNqYaXQVgIo0zFPbq_a5N12oBd54rbubCtHH6J8bJbg=w1518-h2024-no

This is the back of the card with the new on the right. Maybe they did just run out of printed cards,

but lucky me, I guess, there is no expiration date!

WOW!! After reading all of the new "coffee card rules", I get the distinct impression that Princess bean counters and high muckity-mucks are way more concerned with the bottom line than ensuring that passengers get full value for their dollars when they purchase a coffee card.

Since I only cruise 1-2 times a year now, and may not get to use up all the punches before the expiration dates, depending on how far apart my cruises are, I will forgo buying a coffee card ever again.

Too bad, because I DID enjoy having my morning cup of brewed coffee from the coffee bar.

I'll get my morning caffeine jolt from the buffet coffee urn, even though it's not as good as the brewed coffee.