Questions about Tivili

We are going to be in Copenhagen for 2 days prior to boarding the Regal in September. We would like to know how much time we should plan on at Tivili. We plan to do some of the rides, but also want to do the canal trips and maybe go and see the little mermaid. Confused as to how to best handle all this, Copenhagen Card? Pay to enter and pay extra for rides? etc. Any help will be appreciated. We are staying at the Radison Blu so I guess this is close to Tivili.

We were at Tivoli last month! It is beautiful at night. We also had Copenhagen Cards, those got us in. We went during the day, then got a hand stamp and came back late evening to walk around in the dark! It was wonderful both ways! After spending a few hours there and seeing it all in the daylight, we were surprised at how much we would have missed had we not seen it during the day! So do both! :D Have a blast!!

After spending a few hours there and seeing it all in the daylight, we were surprised at how much we would have missed had we not seen it during the day! So do both! :D Have a blast!!

We went late afternoon, had dinner there and stayed for the evening. I preferred it in the evening but glad we did it how we did.

If there is a concert, it may be very crowded. We visited twice - once before the cruise and once after. There was a concert going on the second time and the place was packed. We did a quick walk around, rode the HC Anderson ride (there is a switch in the car to hear it in English) and left. It is very beautiful at night and the park has decent food.

Being married to a Dane, I have had several opportunities to visit Denmark and Tivili in particular. Rides...take them or leave them...I'd leave them (just not my thing). There is so much to see and as others have said, absolutely breathtaking at night. The Little Mermaid is a MUST see. She will surprise you if you've never seen her before. I've never been on a time limit while there, so my views may not be much help, but it is a lovely place to visit and very walk-able. Enjoy your cruise and your visit to my husband's other home. And yes, be prepared to spend some bucks. On my first visit, we went to dinner at a nice restaurant. I thought it odd that my cokes were served in a bottle (6 oz I think, very small bottle!). Even more surprised that each one cost $6.00.

A canal boat tour will cruise by the Lil Mermaid statue and it's included in the Copenhagen card. Tivoli has fireworks at night, usually 11p or midnight in the summer. You might have a great view from your hotel depending on your window direction. If you get a 2 day Copenhagen card you will be allowed entry each day.... also a stamp will get you back in during the evenings. It's pretty compact and wasn't as large as I thought it would be.

We are going to be in Copenhagen for 2 days prior to boarding the Regal in September. We would like to know how much time we should plan on at Tivili. We plan to do some of the rides, but also want to do the canal trips and maybe go and see the little mermaid. Confused as to how to best handle all this, Copenhagen Card? Pay to enter and pay extra for rides? etc. Any help will be appreciated. We are staying at the Radison Blu so I guess this is close to Tivili.

We'll be there for four days prior to the TA crossing on the Regal. We thought about 2 days but decided it wouldn't be enough so we made it 4 days, hopefully won't be too rushed to see a lot. We ordered the Copenhagen card, seemed to be the way to go. We're staying at Scandic Copenhagen.

We were in Copenhagen a couple weeks ago and did a Best of Copenhagen tour. We had just under two hours to spend in Tivoli but were able to walk around the entire park. We weren't interested in the rides but they looked nice and lines weren't long at all. We were there during the daytime but I'm sure it looks pretty at night. Since we had limited time we just had fish and chips at a food booth instead of going to a sit down restaurant. The restaurants looked good. You might want to look them up online and make a reservation.

It has been 15 years since we were there and still remember the old (I mean Old) wooden coaster. So old it had a crew member on board to operate the hand break. Not sure if it is still active. I think we did this 3 times with our 6 year old.

I went late afternoon/evening and really enjoyed it. It is something to see when the lights come one. Count me in the "skip" the Little Mermaid camp. I saw it from a canal tour and would have really felt my time was wasted to have made a tour just to see it.

To each is own though so the choice is yours

It has been 15 years since we were there and still remember the old (I mean Old) wooden coaster. So old it had a crew member on board to operate the hand break. Not sure if it is still active. I think we did this 3 times with our 6 year old.

That is still the case :D

We were in Copenhagen a couple weeks ago and did a Best of Copenhagen tour. We had just under two hours to spend in Tivoli but were able to walk around the entire park. We weren't interested in the rides but they looked nice and lines weren't long at all. We were there during the daytime but I'm sure it looks pretty at night. Since we had limited time we just had fish and chips at a food booth instead of going to a sit down restaurant. The restaurants looked good. You might want to look them up online and make a reservation.

One of my favorite Copenhagen restaurants is in Tivoli - Groften. Food & service are superb - dinner reservations are recommended. http://www.groeften.dk/uk/welcome/

Of course you must see the Little Mermaid! Doesn’t matter that she is small, skipping it would be like going to Paris and not seeing the Eiffel Tower. But you only need to see her once.

However, we really like the Tivoli Gardens and have been there about five times now, at different times of the year. I think an afternoon and evening there are about right. Lots of restaurants. We like the German Biergarten one. The rides are fun if you buy the unlimited wristband. As mentioned, be sure to do the Hans Christian Anderson themed Flying Trunk ride. The gardens are lovely lit up at night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Funny I would say take a pass on the Little Mermaid if you are short on time. So many more interesting things to do in Copenhagen.

My "must see"comment was because of her size. Having heard the story for years and having her on my bucket list, I was very surprised to see how small and unassuming she was. Not at all what I expected. Even seeing pictures of her don't give you any idea of her size.

To all of you who know the Tivoli restaurants well, are there any that are quite good (I don't mean gourmet) that would not cost over $75 for two (one glass of wine or beer each)? Do restaurants charge for water? Which eating place might be most unbusy and quiet? (no doubt difficult to know)

Another question: Neither of us is a big eater. In the U.S. we almost always share one entree. Is this ok in Copenhagen restaurants? E.g. would they balk at splitting the plate in the kitchen?

Thanks!

To all of you who know the Tivoli restaurants well, are there any that are quite good (I don't mean gourmet) that would not cost over $75 for two (one glass of wine or beer each)? Do restaurants charge for water? Which eating place might be most unbusy and quiet? (no doubt difficult to know)

Another question: Neither of us is a big eater. In the U.S. we almost always share one entree. Is this ok in Copenhagen restaurants? E.g. would they balk at splitting the plate in the kitchen?

Thanks!

Biergarten is not expensive. Here is a link to the menu https://www.tivoligardens.com/-/media/files/pdf/spisesteder/2018/sit/uk/oeko/2018_biergarten_menukort_uk_low.pdf?la=en. Tivoli Gardens website has full details of all restaurants. If link doesn’t work, just look there.

I doubt they would split one meal onto two plates. But you could order one meal and share it, I suppose.