MSC Seaside Review 6/2-6/9 (Yacht Club)

GMS4771

I have sailed on NCL in the Haven and on RCL in the Coastal Kitchen...the breakfast in Yacht Club is just as good as the breakfasts there. And when you ask for Crispy Bacon, thats what they bring and they bring it as a plateful. What did you exactly order in the Haven and CK that you are looking for? They have a full breakfast menu to order from in the YC and we had breakfast everyday. It was great to eat there and see the fabulous views as we pulled into port or was at sea.

They had banana foster pancakes. Waffles with mascarpone and marinated berries and crabcake benedict, (some ships switched to

Seafood benedict not as good because I like the texture of the crabcake).

I love the choc croissant.

I love the mini buffet in haven. The best multigrain bread. We would get it toasted and request avocado for avocado toast.

I am definately open to a new experience on MSC. Thanks much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice photo! Did you take it from the water taxi that goes over over to Atlantis?

Close. The water taxi that goes to Blue Lagoon which passes Atlantis. Just shows the size of the Seaside. Not the biggest out there but it is large and they play Time to say Goodbye when you leave port by Andrea Bocelli lol

They have the usual breakfast menu, Omelets, eggs any style, Eggs Benedict, breakfast meets, smoked fish (herring and salmon), pancakes, waffles and great pastries and breads, especially the small croissants! I don't eat waffles, but a common complaint is that the waffles appear to be pre-made and not very good. Think Eggos. The one thing is that they will try their best to make you what you want, especially if you can give them some advanced notice.

Arthur told us the waffles were 'frozen and not to order them. He noticed my wife liked a thin crunchy french toast with fresh fruit and yogurt and she got it perfectly executed.

On that I would totally agree. I have a 'unique diet, I provided them with what I normally have for breakfast (a green smoothie, not simple, I gave them the recipe), certain herring, certain eggs and certain dark blue fruits. On day 2, and for the remaining B2B, I have whatever I normally had at home. And the smoked, crispy bacon was a "cheat" for me and worth every bite.

Actually, you can get exactly that. Due to a recent jaw replacement, I had to eat soft food. For a few days, I was ordering lightly poached eggs with Hollandaise sauce on the side. On Wednesday morning, I was down in the Top Sail Lounge and the chef came over to ask how I was doing (he knew me as the guy that sometimes had to have his food run through an immersion blender). I was talking about eggs and said I liked the poached eggs. He said do you like soft omelettes? I said baveuse, and he smiled (even though he was Italian, he knew "runny"). From that morning on, he sent out a soft omelette every day, and even used white pepper, not black. I really believe that they will always try and do what the customer wants.

Thanks. I was hoping that would be the case, but when I try to get it that way here in the states they have no idea what I'm talking about. There is nothing like a first hand report.

Drinks are included throughout the ship. The dining room is open for the three meals a day. Although, the poolside buffet is also a great option throughout the day.

That is correct, and I highly recommend going to the chocolate bar and getting a few chocolate martinis as they are also included with the YC drink package....

Also just found out the ridiculous deal from Yacht Club for next year went down in price, you may want to check with MSC to see if they can improve on price!!
What sailing and ship was this? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I just got a reduction from $4600 to $3800 for a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite for that cruise and yes its 6/8/2019, looked at this year for the Eastern Caribbean

4600 is what i paid too. I'm seeing it for over 6k on the MSC site now. Do you think you are getting a cheaper rate for sailing with them already?

4600 is what i paid too. I'm seeing it for over 6k on the MSC site now. Do you think you are getting a cheaper rate for sailing with them already?

Just called them back and that is exactly what it was for..voyagers club discount. I'm Currently Silver. It is now $4,800 for the same cruise for 2 people.

Just called them back and that is exactly what it was for..voyagers club discount. I'm Currently Silver. It is now $4,800 for the same cruise for 2 people.

ok thanks for checking! Just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing out. our 4,600 price is for 2 adults 2 kids so i guess its not a bad deal either way.

Great review, just waiting for my status match I am diamond plus on RCCL and normally book grand suites, but really want to try YC. Thanks

The last 2 cruises prior I was in the Royal Suite on RCL and Owners Suite on NCL. Even though the Yacht Club Deluxe suite was smaller, there was more then enough room and storage for 2 people and I did miss the normally large balcony, I found I didnt really need the larger balcony and the one on the Deluxe suite was just fine and the amenities form the YC outweighed everything, best cruise that Ive been on and the price was fabulous. You will be made to feel very special in the YC, highly recommend you do it!!

The last 2 cruises prior I was in the Royal Suite on RCL and Owners Suite on NCL. Even though the Yacht Club Deluxe suite was smaller, there was more then enough room and storage for 2 people and I did miss the normally large balcony, I found I didnt really need the larger balcony and the one on the Deluxe suite was just fine and the amenities form the YC outweighed everything, best cruise that Ive been on and the price was fabulous. You will be made to feel very special in the YC, highly recommend you do it!!

I have a couple of cruises booked , oasis in our first owners suite them a music charter on Celebrity but will book hopefully book this within the week for late 2019, again thanks for all the great info.

• 3 weeks later...
No we pre booked another shuttle, but right when we walked out of customs, there were MSC employees offering the bus ride back to the airport, no reservations required, wish we would have known ahead of time

Thanks! I’ll look for this in September

• 2 weeks later...